Subject: [calsify] I-D Action: draft-ietf-calext-subscription-upgrade-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 01 Feb 2021 14:12:14 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Calendaring Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Calendar subscription upgrades
        Author          : Michael Douglass
	Filename        : draft-ietf-calext-subscription-upgrade-03.txt
	Pages           : 15
	Date            : 2021-02-01

Abstract:
   This specification updates [RFC5545] to add the value DELETED to the
   STATUS property.

   This specification also updates [RFC7240] to add the subscribe-
   enhanced-get and limit preferences.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-calext-subscription-upgrade/

There is also an HTML version available at:
https://www.ietf.org/archive/id/draft-ietf-calext-subscription-upgrade-03.html

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-calext-subscription-upgrade-03

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Дилян Палаузов <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 20:03:27 +0200

Hello,

my messages to [email-masked] about draft-ietf-calext-subscription-
upgrade from 6th October 2020 are not tackled yet.

These were also not addressed in draft-ietf-calext-subscription-
upgrade-03 .

I am against introducing STATUS:DELETED, as I do not see how it dяffers
from STATUS:CANCELLED.

About draft-ietf-calext-subscription-upgrade-03:

Section 2 Introduction:

>    The only available option for updating that resource is the usual
HTTP polling of cached resources using Etags.

Is Last-Modified interchangeable with ETags? 

> The use of subscription upgtafe may help reduce 

typo.

4.2.  Deletions
What purpose does delivering skeletons, empty deleted items?

> The receiving client is free to remove the entity or update it's
STATUS property.
It's → Its.

5.1.  Redefined Status property
This section is not adjusted for the DELETED value: the included
examples have no added value.

8.2.  subscribe-caldav
> for example to determine if sync-report is supported.
Please spell DAV:sync-collection report, as the report is not called
literally “sync-report”.

> The URL MAY include some form of token to allow write access to the
targeted collection.  The client must check it's permissions to
determine whether or not it has been granted write access.

I do not get this “token may be included” part.  Can you provide
example what this is supposed to mean?

It's → its.

8.4.  subscribe-webdav-sync
Does it require authentication or not?  What is the opposite option?

I propose:
- determine using OPTIONS call, whether WebDAV/CalDAV are supported
- comminucate over GET whether authentication is
necessary/optional/disabled. 

Greetings
  Дилян

On Mon, 2021-02-01 at 14:12 -0800, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> calsify mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/calsify