Subject: RE: [Capwap] Reminder: WG last call for Arch. taxonomy draft

From: "Mani, Mahalingam (Mahalingam)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 02:21:13 -0600

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-capwap-arch-05.txt from
Lily's email.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-capwap-arch-05.txt from
mine below (which I picked up from ID repository).

I can't divine any difference between the links. These are the same as
the link provided in the email by [email-masked] on 8/27/04 to
the list).

-mani

  _____  

From: Matt Holdrege [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, September 14, 2004 10:28 PM
To: Mani, Mahalingam (Mahalingam); [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Capwap] Reminder: WG last call for Arch. taxonomy draft

At 05:40 AM 9/15/2004, Mani, Mahalingam (Mahalingam) wrote:

The WGLC for architecture taxonomy draft
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-capwap-arch-05.txt>
closes in a couple of days - 15 sep 2004. Final comments on the draft
are due by then.

Are you sure your link is the most current draft? The draft Lily last
sent out is different. I sent her some comments about the security
section, but this draft has a different, abbreviated security section.

-Matt

---

From: "Clint Chaplin" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2004 13:23:10 -0700

That's standard IEEE 802.11 terminology, unfortunately. It isn't in
CAPWAP's charter to change that.

Clint (JOATMON) Chaplin
Wireless Security Advisor
Wireless Standards Lead
>>> Max Factor <[email-masked]> 09/15/04 07:11 AM >>>

One minor question, and please let me know if this was already
discussed:

MAC acronyms are used in this document for " medium access control ".
However in the IT security industry MAC is also used for Mandatory
Access Control.  Do you think this will be a bit conflicting?  

Please see below:

1.2  IEEE 802.11 Definitions

   Station (STA): Any device that contains an IEEE 802.11 conformant
   medium access control (MAC) and physical layer (PHY) interface to the
   wireless medium (WM).

"Mani, Mahalingam (Mahalingam)" <[email-masked]> wrote:

The WGLC for architecture taxonomy draft closes in a couple of days – 15
sep 2004. Final comments on the draft are due by then.

-mani

SecurityForce1.Net

________________________________________________________________________
This email has been scanned for computer viruses.
_______________________________________________
Capwap mailing list
[email-masked]
http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap