Subject: [Capwap] The WG Last call on Taxonomy has ended.

From: "Mani, Mahalingam (Mahalingam)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 13:58:12 -0600

The last call on taxonomy draft
(http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-capwap-arch-05.txt) has
closed last week (9/16/04). We did not receive/hear

any comments on this call. We will be forqrding this for IESG to
consider it to progress this as an informational RFC.

[The exception was the concern raised regarding wordings in security
considerations in mesh-networks. The resolution at this time:
Mesh-networking being a work-in-progress in IEEE - proposing /
recommending solutions can be deferred until the threat model is better
understood].

Regards,

-mani

---

From: Matt Holdrege <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2004 22:30:57 +0200

At 09:58 PM 9/21/2004, Mani, Mahalingam (Mahalingam) wrote:
>(<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-capwap-arch-05.txt>http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-capwap-arch-05.txt) 
>has closed last week (9/16/04). We did not receive/hear
>any comments on this call. We will be forqrding this for IESG to consider 
>it to progress this as an informational RFC.
>
>Mesh-networking being a work-in-progress in IEEE – proposing / 

I was the one who raised the concern as our original words that the design 
team developed were changed in this final draft. Mani told me we could 
revise them as we get comments from the IESG. I'm fine with that. However I 
don't agree with the words above that we don't understand the threat model 
and we need to wait for IEEE work-in-progress. We understood it fine when 
we put the security section together. We should complete our security 
section properly before it becomes an RFC.

-Matt