Subject: [Capwap] FW: IEEE 802.11 Liaison Request - Comments on IEEE 802.11u requirements

From: "Mani, Mahalingam (Mahalingam)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 09:12:13 -0700

The IETF (specifically IETF CAPWAP, DNA, EAP, MIPSHOP, IRTF Mobopts) has
received a liaison request from IEEE802.11 to review IEEE802.11u Task
Group requirements document.

The document for review is placed in: http://www.capwap.org/ieee11-2005/
(http://www.capwap.org/ieee11-2005/11-05-0822-03-000u-tgu-requirements.d
oc).

The other document (which will be eventually in IETF liaison statement
area)
is the liaison request.

The 802.11u TG's purpose: "To provide amendments to the IEEE 802.11
PHY/MAC layers which enable InterWorking with other networks. This
includes both enhanced protocol exchanges across the air interface and
provision of primitives to support required interactions with higher
layers for InterWorking."

The detailed charter of 802.11u task group can be viewed at:
http://www.ieee802.org/11/ -> Group Updates -> Task Groups -> Task Group
U

Do send any Review comments to the list.

Any specific questions may also be sent to Stephen McCann (TGu chair) or
Dorothy Stanley (IEEE liaison).

thanks,
-mani
======

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap