Subject: RE: [Capwap] Poll for LWAPP as the basis for the CAPWAP protocol

From: "Agcaoili, Philip" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 13:04:11 -0500

NO:   LWAPP should not be the basis of the CAPWAP protocol.

-----Original Message-----
At 2005/10/28 16:12, [email-masked] wrote:

>After many weeks of discussion on the CAPWAP evaluation draft completed 
>by the eval team its time to poll the WG on the protocol consensus.  
>The evaluation team concluded that LWAPP is the most complete proposal 
>and should be used as the basis for the CAPWAP protocol going forward.
>
>Please respond to this email indicating support for LWAPP as the new 
>CAPWAP protocol:
>         YES:  LWAPP should be the basis of the CAPWAP protocol or,
>         NO:   LWAPP should not be the basis of the CAPWAP protocol.
>
>The evaluation has also raised a number of recommendation that should be
>address by the WG on top of the protocol recommendation.   These will be
>addressed by the WG and applied to the protocol that achieves WG 
>consensus.  In order to progress the work, we are separating the 
>Evaluation's team proposal so that we agree first on the protcol, and 
>then evaluate each recommendation separately.
>
>Please submit your response to this protocol poll by Friday, November
>4th.   We will discuss the results of the poll at the face to face
>CAPWAP WG meeting on Monday, November 7th.
>
>Best Regards,
>Dorothy and Mani
>
>
>
>
>_______________________________________________
>Capwap mailing list
>[email-masked]
>http://mail.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/options/capwap/philip.agcaoili%40sciatl.co
m

     - - - - - - -  Appended by Scientific-Atlanta, Inc.  - - - - - - -  
This e-mail and any attachments may contain information which is confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise protected by law. The information is solely intended for the named addressee (or a person responsible for delivering it to the addressee). If you are not the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and delete it from your computer.

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

---

From: Pekka Savola <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 22:07:17 +0200 (EET)

> NO:   LWAPP should not be the basis of the CAPWAP protocol.

I don't know why I'm getting these mails (maybe the list configuration 
changed, because I was just on a whilelist before), but in any case...

NO: a simple "RAND" license is insufficient for open-source and free 
software communities.  We should not decide on the protocol before 
these are decided; if we do, our "lever" to the IPR holders may 
diminish.

B.t.w., the WG charter page's mailing-list archive URL is broken.

-- 
Pekka Savola                 "You each name yourselves king, yet the
Netcore Oy                    kingdom bleeds."
Systems. Networks. Security. -- George R.R. Martin: A Clash of Kings
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

---

From: David Frascone <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2005 14:22:56 -0600

Pekka Savola wrote:

> these are decided; if we do, our "lever" to the IPR holders may diminish.
>
>> This e-mail and any attachments may contain information which is 
>> confidential, proprietary, privileged or otherwise protected by law. 
>> The information is solely intended for the named addressee (or a 
>> person responsible for delivering it to the addressee). If you are 
>> not the intended recipient of this message, you are not authorized to 
>> read, print, retain, copy or disseminate this message or any part of 
>> it. If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify the 
>> sender immediately by return e-mail and delete it from your computer.
>>
>>
>

The archives are down, for the moment.  They should be back this 
weekend.  For now, you can get partial archives from the following 
locations:

http://mail.frascone.net/pipermail/capwap/
and
http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap/

-Dave