Subject: [Capwap] Issue on Combining messages

From: "Richard Gwee" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 12:24:04 +0800

Hi Pat,

I will like to propose a new thread on the issue tracker. Appreciate if
you can help to add it in.

Issue:

Currently, the keepalive and statistics messages are separated. Separate
messages for keepalive signaling and statistics can lead to high
overhead. Initial analysis have shown that these overhead can be reduced
significantly if the messages can be combined.

Recommendation:

To combine the keepalive and statistics message into one combined
message, thus reducing overhead significantly.

Thanks and regards

Richard

Republic Polytechnic, Tanglin Campus, 1 Kay Siang Road, Singapore 248922
. www.rp.sg . Fax: +65 6415-1310 . 
>From March 2006, we will be located in our new home at 9 Woodlands Avenue 9, Singapore 738964. Republic Polytechnic, the first Institute of Higher Learning to fully adopt the Problem-Based Learning approach in Singapore, continues to strive towards best practices and maintain excellence in service standards with the following certifications: Singapore Innovation Class (SIC), Singapore Quality Class (SQC), People Developer Standards and QEHS (ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CONFIDENTIALITY CAUTION: This message is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and contains information that is privileged and confidential. If you, the reader of this message, are not the intended recipient, you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this communication. If you have received this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return email and delete the original message. Thank you.  

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 11:41:22 -0800

Issue 45 created.

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems

________________________________

	From: Richard Gwee [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Thursday, January 19, 2006 8:24 PM
	To: Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)
	Cc: [email-masked]
	Subject: Issue on Combining messages

	Hi Pat,

	I will like to propose a new thread on the issue tracker.
Appreciate if you can help to add it in.

	Issue:

	Currently, the keepalive and statistics messages are separated.
Separate messages for keepalive signaling and statistics can lead to
high overhead. Initial analysis have shown that these overhead can be
reduced significantly if the messages can be combined.

	Recommendation:

	To combine the keepalive and statistics message into one
combined message, thus reducing overhead significantly.

	Thanks and regards

	Richard

________________________________

Republic Polytechnic, Tanglin Campus, 1 Kay Siang Road, Singapore 248922
. www.rp.sg <http://www.rp.sg>  . Fax: +65 6415-1310 . 
 From March 2006, we will be located in our new home at 9 Woodlands
Avenue 9, Singapore 738964.

Republic Polytechnic, the first Institute of Higher Learning to fully
adopt the Problem-Based Learning approach in Singapore, continues to
strive towards best practices and maintain excellence in service
standards with the following certifications: Singapore Innovation Class
(SIC), Singapore Quality Class (SQC), People Developer Standards and
QEHS (ISO 9001, 14001 and OHSAS 18001)

________________________________

CONFIDENTIALITY CAUTION: This message is intended only for the use of
the individual or entity to whom it is addressed and contains
information that is privileged and confidential. If you, the reader of
this message, are not the intended recipient, you should not
disseminate, distribute or copy this communication. If you have received
this communication in error, please notify us immediately by return
email and delete the original message. Thank you.