Subject: [Capwap] Protocol name

From: "Bob O'Hara (boohara)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 14:26:07 -0800

I have seen only two emails objecting to the use of LWAPP as the name
for the protocol developed by the CAPWAP WG, since the thread was
started last year.  I believe that this indicates the consensus of the
WG is that "LWAPP" is the agreed upon name of the protocol.  Is there
any further disagreement?

 -Bob

Bob O'Hara
Cisco Systems - WNBU

Phone:  +1 408 853 5513
Mobile: +1 408 218 4025
 
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "David T. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Jan 2006 16:12:15 -0800 (PST)

HI,

I suggest using a name that is free of political baggage
because 
 1) the resulting protocol from the WG process may be
    quite different from the starting point
 2) there may be trademark and other branding issues
 3) this does not seem to be an action to bring
    the WG together to make forward progress.

> any further disagreement?

Regards,
/david t. perkins