Subject: [Capwap] Radio Type change request

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 10:36:45 -0800

Change request (c) in
http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap/msg02056.html states that the
radio types in the specification are incorrect. The comment reads:
 
Page 35 -- Radio Type --  no 802.11b (only) -- no 802.11n -- no
superG -- no superA
 
I wonder whether it is really worth including an 802.11b only
enumeration, given that all 2.4Ghz devices I am aware of these days that
I am aware of support both b and g. Further, including SuperG and SuperA
is ill advised since it is not a standard. I will add 802.11n.

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: Philip Rakity <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 2006 10:43:38 -0800

Pat,

Some devices I have come across have a configuration option to  
support ONLY G and not B/G.  So maybe there room to enumerate things.

Philip

On Jan 18, 2006, at 10:36 AM, Pat Calhoun (pacalhou) wrote:

> Change request (c) in http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap/ 
> msg02056.html states that the radio types in the specification are  
> incorrect. The comment reads:
>
> enumeration, given that all 2.4Ghz devices I am aware of these days  
> that I am aware of support both b and g. Further, including SuperG  
> and SuperA is ill advised since it is not a standard. I will add  
> 802.11n.
> Pat Calhoun

Philip Rakity
[email-masked]

This message is hereby marked U4EA CONFIDENTIAL, is intended only for  
the use of the individual or individuals to which it is addressed and  
shall notbe disclose or made available to any other party except with  
the prior written consent of the sender. If the reader of this  
message is not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that  
any dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is  
strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in  
error, please notify us immediately by replying to the sender of this  
E-Mail.