Subject: [Capwap] IEEE 802.11i Considerations

From: "Saravanan Govindan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 10:46:47 +0800

Pat,

Issue:

In cases where IEEE 802.11i encryption/decryption is located in a WTP
and IEEE 802.11i authenticator is located in an AC, there is a mismatch
in tracking KeyRSC values (draft-ietf-capwap-objectives-04.txt) Section
5.1.10. The CAPWAP protocol must allow the 4-way and Group-key exchanges
to use accurate values of KeyRSC and KeyMIC in all cases. 

My recommendation:

Introduce new Key Configuration & Key Configuration Response messages as
part of Message Types (draft-ohara-capwap-lwapp-03.txt) Section 4.2.1.1.
Key Configuration message will be used to exchange 3rd message (for
4-way exchange & with unassigned KeyMIC and KeyRSC fields) and 1st
message (for group-key exchange & with unassigned KeyMIC and KeyRSC
fields). 

Describe use of Key Configuration as part of WTP Configuration
Management (draft-ohara-capwap-lwapp-o3.txt) Section 7. 

Saravanan 

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2006 11:26:27 -0800

Issue 43 created.

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems

________________________________

	From: Saravanan Govindan
[mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 6:47 PM
	To: Pat Calhoun (pacalhou); [email-masked]
	Subject: IEEE 802.11i Considerations

	Pat,

	Issue:

	In cases where IEEE 802.11i encryption/decryption is located in
a WTP and IEEE 802.11i authenticator is located in an AC, there is a
mismatch in tracking KeyRSC values (draft-ietf-capwap-objectives-04.txt)
Section 5.1.10. The CAPWAP protocol must allow the 4-way and Group-key
exchanges to use accurate values of KeyRSC and KeyMIC in all cases. 

	My recommendation:

	Introduce new Key Configuration & Key Configuration Response
messages as part of Message Types (draft-ohara-capwap-lwapp-03.txt)
Section 4.2.1.1. Key Configuration message will be used to exchange 3rd
message (for 4-way exchange & with unassigned KeyMIC and KeyRSC fields)
and 1st message (for group-key exchange & with unassigned KeyMIC and
KeyRSC fields). 

	 

	Saravanan