Subject: [Capwap] Firmware Trigger

From: "Saravanan Govindan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 09:17:04 +0800

Pat,

Issue: The Evaluation draft (draft-ietf-capwap-eval-00.txt) in Section
6.5 recommends the state machine to support triggering of firmware
checks and updates independent of other operations. 

My recommendation: To introduce a Firmware-Update state after the
Configure state (draft-ohara-capwap-lwapp-03.txt) in Section 2.2.

Saravanan

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jan 2006 08:22:49 -0800

The following state machine is the result of the requested change to
allow for firmware to be triggered while in the run state. I've had to
change much of the figure in order to allow for an ackward ASCII state
machine to be able to take into account the new state transition, and do
believe I have it correct, but will spend more time later this week
verifying it once more.

      /-------------\
      |             v
      |       +------------+
      |      C|    Idle    |<--------------------------------------\
      |       +------------+<--------------------------\           |
      |        ^    |a   ^                             |           |
      |        |    |    |    +------------+   5    +------------+ |
      |        |    |    |    | Key Update |------->| Key Confirm| |
      |        |    |    |    +------------+        +------------+ |
      |        |    |    |              ^              |           |
      |        |    |    |              |  u           |w          |
      |        |    |    |              \------\       |           |
      |        |    |    |y                    |       v      t    |
      |        |    |   +------------+        +------------+------/
      |       /     |   |   Reset    |<-------|     Run    |C
      |     /       |   r+-----------+    s   +------------+
      |    /        |              ^ ^        7|          ^
      |   |         v              | \         |    p     |
      |   |   +--------------+    o|  ---------+------\  q|
      |   |  C|  Discovery   |     |           V     +-----------+
      |   |  b+--------------+    +-------------+    | Configure |
      |   |     |d     f|  ^     C| Image Data  |--->+-----------+
      |   |     |       |  |     n+-------------+p       ^
      |   |e    v       |  |        ^         ^          |
      |  +---------+    v  |i       |m       4|         2|
      | C| Sulking |   +--------------+    +--------------+
      |  +---------+  C|     Join     |--->| Join-Confirm |
      |               g+--------------+z   +--------------+
      |                   |h                3|
       \------------------/                  |
        \------------------------------------/ 

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems

________________________________

	From: Pat Calhoun (pacalhou) 
	Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 7:04 PM
	To: Saravanan Govindan; [email-masked]
	Subject: [Capwap] RE: Firmware Trigger

	I would have thought that the group would want it after the Run
state, no? 

	Pat Calhoun
	CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
	Cisco Systems

________________________________

		From: Saravanan Govindan
[mailto:[email-masked]] 
		Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2006 5:17 PM
		To: Pat Calhoun (pacalhou); [email-masked]
		Subject: Firmware Trigger

		Pat,

		Issue: The Evaluation draft
(draft-ietf-capwap-eval-00.txt) in Section 6.5 recommends the state
machine to support triggering of firmware checks and updates independent
of other operations. 

		My recommendation: To introduce a Firmware-Update state
after the Configure state (draft-ohara-capwap-lwapp-03.txt) in Section
2.2.

		Saravanan