Subject: [Capwap] lwapp-dtls: section 2 - Inserting DTLS

From: Scott G Kelly <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 06:01:12 -0800

Here is your inserted text:

> 1.Replace the JOIN phase with DTLS session establishment
> 
> 2.Replace LWAPP re-key functionality with a DTLS re-key
> 
> 3.Remove the existing LWAPP security scheme
> 
> [NCW] How will we be able to distinguish and thus enable appropriate
> authorization policies that the DTLS session establishment, rekey and
> reset are specific to this application (e.g. LWAPP)? While (D)TLS
> enables authentication, how does it’s use in this application enforce
> that the TLS “client” is authorized to act as a WTP and conversely
> the  TLS “server” is an authorized 

This is precisely the problem faced by the current lwapp scheme. One 
option would be to cut/paste the text from section 10.4 of the current 
lwapp doc. Your thoughts?

Scott

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap