Subject: RE: [Capwap] capwap-protocol-specification-00

From: "Saravanan Govindan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Feb 2006 11:00:10 +0800

Hi All,

I can imagine it took a lot of work to put the protocol specifications
together. I'd like to thank the team for their efforts. 

I just started reading the draft. From my brief review, I think we
should include references to the Architecture Taxonomy and Objectives.
This would particularly be helpful for those new to the CAPWAP protocol
to better understand concepts such as split and local MAC.

I'll go through the draft to see where exactly to make the references. 

Cheers,

Saravanan

 

________________________________

From: Dorothy Stanley [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, February 27, 2006 6:00 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Capwap] capwap-protocol-specification-00

CAPWAP WG members:

The capwap-protocol-specification-00 draft has been submitted for
publication as a working group item. I did copy the WG on the submission
yesterday, but for some reason, that mail did not appear on the list. 
I have asked Dorothy G and Mani to post it to capwap.org
<http://capwap.org/> , for earlier access.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A -00 DRAFT - It is NOT final. It is subject to
WG review. 
There are many tracker issues still to be resolved, and new ones are
being added.

Changes in this -00 draft include the following:

1. Protocol name change to "CAPWAP", per list discussion

2. Addition of the three editors

3. Addition of a "Contributing Author"section, with the known
contributing authors to date.

4. Inclusion of DTLS as the CAPWAP protocol security mechanism,
replacing the LWAPP 
mechanism. Inserted and modified text reflects Eric and Scott's latest
dtls spec, and the list comment discussion to address Sue and Nancy's
questions to date.
Note that the DTLS entry in the issues tracker remains open. Inclusion
of the text at this point is intended 
to facilitate resolution of any remaining issues. Major changes to
sections 2,6,10,15, and smaller changes throughout.

5. Wording changes to clarify that the message types are
messages--changes
sections 5,6,7,8. Also re-numbered the message type values to remove
gaps. 

6 Addition of a section for WaitJoin Timer, which was not defined. Need
to determine a default value.

7. Wording changes in the intro and abstract partly due to DTLS changes,
partly changing from passive to active voice, 
clarity.

8. Removed "gold, platinum, bronze" and the like QOS descriptions,
retaining the technical terms only
The "metal" terms were used inconsistently in two places - one had
uranium but the other didn't, and one included the technical terms 
and the other didn't.

9. Inserted "IEEE" prior to "802.11" in reference - various sections

Thanks,

Dorothy Stanley
630-363-1389 

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap