Subject: [Capwap] dtls-lwapp: question 4

From: Scott G Kelly <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 06:18:38 -0800

>    Run to DTLS-Reset (u): This state is used to when the AC or WTP wish
>    to tear down the connection.
> 
> 
>       WTP: The WTP enters this state when it wishes to initiate orderly
>       termination of the DTLS connection; the WTP sends the a TLS
>       Finished message.
> 
> 
>       AC: The AC enters this state upon receipt of TLS Finished message
>       from the WTP.
> 
> [NCW] How does LWAPP as an application would trigger the TLS finished?
 >From a security standpoint, the AC must effectively block all LWAPP 
traffic
 > as well, isn’t that what the original Reset state was intended for?
 > What is the distinction between the DTLS-Reset and Reset state?

LWAPP cannot trigger a dtls-finished, it is part of the handshake. Since 
the protocol is connectionless, the session may be torn down before the 
application realizes it (the app may have to attempt a read/write to 
determine there is an error). The dtls-reset state indicates this.

Scott

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap