Subject: [Capwap] Issue39 agree "Remove AC address" and recommend "remove hardware version" form "5.2.2 AC Descriptor"

From: zhaoyujin 31390 <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 08 Feb 2006 18:28:31 +0500

Hi: 

In issue39 give next recommend:

>Page 35 -- 5.2.1 AC address
> I do not understand this.  It is not useful with a layer 3 
> transport.  If using a layer 2 transport then I would assume 
> the broadcast or multicast from the Discovery Message would 
> have been heard by any other AC's -- so rather than respond 
> -- would it not be best to stay silent?

I also agree with this recommend: We change "5.2.2 AC descriptor" as following

5.2.2  AC Descriptor

   The AC payload message element is used by the AC to communicate it's
   current state.  The value contains the following fields.

      0                   1                   2                   3
      0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |   Reserved    |                 Software  Version ...         |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |     SW Ver    |            Stations           |     Limit     |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |     Limit     |            Radios             |   Max Radio   |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |   Max Radio   |    Security   |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

   Type:  6 for AC Descriptor

   Length:  14

   Reserved:  MUST be set to zero

   Software Version:  A 32-bit integer representing the corresponding AP's 
      Firmware version number which is supported by AC.

   Stations:  A 16-bit integer representing number of mobile stations
      currently associated with the AC

   Limit:  A 16-bit integer representing the maximum number of stations
      supported by the AC

   Radios:  A 16-bit integer representing the number of WTPs currently
      attached to the AC

   Max Radio:  A 16-bit integer representing the maximum number of WTPs
      supported by the AC

   Security:  A 8 bit bit mask specifying the security schemes supported
      by the AC.  The following values are supported (see Section 10):

      1 - X.509 Certificate Based

      2 - Pre-Shared Secret

Best regards
Michael

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: zhaoyujin 31390 <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2006 09:42:25 +0500

Hi:
  I forget to give the reason.

  Because AP does not use the "AC Hardware Version", I suggest LWAPP can delete it.

  Another AP does not need the "AC software Version", because "AP firmware version" maybe is not same as "AC software version". In this description, "AP firmware" is provided by AC.
So that I suggest to change the description of "Software Version".

Best regards
Michael

>   The AC payload message element is used by the AC to communicate 
> it's   current state.  The value contains the following fields.
> 
>      0                   1                   2                   3
>   Limit:  A 16-bit integer representing the maximum number of 
> stations      supported by the AC
> 
>   Max Radio:  A 16-bit integer representing the maximum number of 
> WTPs      supported by the AC
> 
>   Security:  A 8 bit bit mask specifying the security schemes 
> supported      by the AC.  The following values are supported (see 
> Section 10):
>