Subject: [Capwap] lwapp-dtls: state machine question 2

From: Scott G Kelly <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 06:09:18 -0800

>       AC: The AC enters this state for the given WTP upon reception of a
>       DTLS initialization request.  The AC processes the request and
>       responds by engaging in DTLS negotiation with the WTP.
> [NCW] What is a DTLS initialization request?  I can’t quite seem to map
 > the state machines defined in the draft-rescola-dtls-05.txt to the
 >DTLS-Init and DTLS-Complete states above.  Can you please elaborate 
further
 > on these?  How are the DTLS/TLS state machine and packet flow map 
into the
 > 2 boxes as you state above?

Sorry, poor choice of language. From now on, I'll use the TLS/DTLS 
terminology, rather than trying to map onto the exising lwapp exchange 
language.

The dtls "initialization request" is actually the ClientHello. The 
dtls-complete state is entered when the "Finish" message is received, 
and the session is established. The successful completion of the dtls 
handshake triggers the transition. One option would be to explicitly add 
these states to the diagram, but then if dtls changes, this must too.

--Scott

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap