Subject: [Capwap] lwapp-dtls: state machine question 1

From: Scott G Kelly <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 06:03:56 -0800

Here's your inline text:
>    Discovery to DTLS-Init (f): This state is used by the WTP to confirm
>    its commitment to an AC that it wishes to be provided service, and to
>    simultaneously establish a secure control channel.
> 
>       WTP: The WTP selects the best AC based on the information it
>       gathered during the Discovery Phase.  It then initiates a DTLS
>       connection with its preferred AC.  The WTP starts the WaitJoin
>       Timer.
> [NCW] By this, I believe you are implying that the WTP acts as the TLS 
 >"client” while the AC acts as the TLS “server”?  This will have to be a
 > hard requirement to ensure the roles are explicitly defined and allow
 > for appropriate authorization policies to be employed.

Yes, the WTP is a dtls client and the AC is the server - just like the 
current lwapp implementation. We can add explicit text to make this 
clear - will that address the question?

Scott
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap