Subject: [Capwap] capwap-protocol-specification-00

From: "Dorothy Stanley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 26 Feb 2006 16:00:02 -0600

CAPWAP WG members:

The capwap-protocol-specification-00 draft has been submitted for
publication as a working group item. I did copy the WG on the submission
yesterday, but for some reason, that mail did not appear on the list.
I have asked Dorothy G and Mani to post it to capwap.org, for earlier
access.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS IS A -00 DRAFT - It is NOT final. It is subject to WG
review.
There are many tracker issues still to be resolved, and new ones are being
added.

Changes in this -00 draft include the following:

1. Protocol name change to "CAPWAP", per list discussion

2. Addition of the three editors

3. Addition of a "Contributing Author"section, with the known contributing
authors to date.

4. Inclusion of DTLS as the CAPWAP protocol security mechanism, replacing
the LWAPP
mechanism. Inserted and modified text reflects Eric and Scott's latest dtls
spec, and the list comment discussion to address Sue and
Nancy's questions to date.
Note that the DTLS entry in the issues tracker remains open. Inclusion of
the text at this point is intended
to facilitate resolution of any remaining issues. Major changes to sections
2,6,10,15, and smaller changes throughout.

5. Wording changes to clarify that the message types are messages--changes
sections 5,6,7,8. Also re-numbered the message type values to remove gaps.

6 Addition of a section for WaitJoin Timer, which was not defined. Need to
determine a default value.

7. Wording changes in the intro and abstract partly due to DTLS changes,
partly changing from passive to active voice,
clarity.

8. Removed "gold, platinum, bronze" and the like QOS descriptions, retaining
the technical terms only
The "metal" terms were used inconsistently in two places - one had uranium
but the other didn't, and one included the technical terms
and the other didn't.

9. Inserted "IEEE" prior to "802.11" in reference - various sections

Thanks,

Dorothy Stanley
630-363-1389
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap