Subject: [Capwap] lwapp-dtls: state machine question 5

From: Scott G Kelly <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 06:46:43 -0800

>    Image-data to DTLS-Reset (o): This state is used to reset the
>    connection prior to restarting the WTP after an image download.
> 
> 
>       WTP: The WTP enters this state when image download completes
> 
>       AC: The AC enters this state upon receipt of TLS Finished message
>       from the WTP.
> [NCW] This doesn’t seem quite right…the WTP “should” reboot or refresh
 > itself to ensure it’s using the latest update.  But that aside, how does
 > the AC receive a TLS Finished message from the WTP?  It seems more
 >determinate to have the AC enter the Reset state after it has successfully
 > completed the image download or on a link error.

This is a typo - again, the "Finished" message is part of the dtls 
handshake. This transition was meant to be part of a reboot sequence, 
i.e. tear down the dtls connection (dtls-reset), and then lwapp 
transitions through reset-reboot phases. We can add clarifying text.

Scott

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap