Subject: [Capwap] Updates on the CAPWAP protocol WG Item going forward

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 24 Feb 2006 10:36:46 -0800

Dear CAPWAP WG, 
The -00 version of the new CAPWAP protocol,
draft-ietf-capwap-protocol-specification is about to be published. I'd
like to update the WG on role of Authors and Editors going forward with
this draft, so we can properly acknowledge the contributions of the
input drafts and future CAPWAP authors. This process was initiated so
that the CAPWAP protocol would be representative of the entire WG,
distinct from the input draft protocols we have had so far. The
following procedures have been discussed among the Chairs, ADs and
authors of the baseline LWAPP protocol draft.  The WG Chairs and ADs
believe this is the best way to progress the CAPWAP protocol forward as
a new WG Item.  
1. We have put an EDITORs team in place consisting of Pat Calhoun,
Dorothy Stanley and Mike Montemurro. An EDITOR documents the WG
consensus of the protocol specification, but does not necessarily have
to have to create or author the text. The Editors will be listed on
front page and they will be clearly marked as EDITORs.
2. We will have a prominent CONTRIBUTING AUTHORS section in the
beginning of the CAPWAP protocol specification that recognizes major
contributions of text by authors. We expect members of the WG to
contribute to the CAPWAP protocol specification as authors via the
CAPWAP mailing list as is IETF procedure. 
3. The individual input protocol drafts that have been submitted for
evaluation by the CAPWAP WG can be submitted as is (unchanged from the
evaluation versions) directly to the rfc-editor for independent
publication as Informational RFCs, so we can document this work for
later reference and acknowledge the authors of these drafts.   
We would like to thank the WG for all the work done so far and encourage
the group to continue to support and contribute to the protocol work
going forward.
Best Regards, 
Dorothy and Mani 

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap