Subject: [Capwap] lwapp-dtls: state machine question 6

From: Scott G Kelly <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2006 06:50:39 -0800

> 
>    DTLS-Reset to Reset (v): This state is used to complete DTLS session
>    tear-down
> 
>       WTP: The WTP enters this state when it has completed DTLS session
>       cleanup, and it is ready to finish LWAPP session clean-up.
> 
> [NCW] Please provide more elaboration on what DTLS session cleanup means.
 >  Also, under what conditions does WTP and AC go from Reset to DTLS-Reset?
 >  I would suggest merging Reset and DTLS-Reset as being the same state and
 > include the security considerations in its description.

We can add text about session clean-up. As for your question, I don't 
see any way to go from reset to dtls-reset. Also, as noted in another 
thread, it is useful to distinguish between reset and dtls-reset, as 
lwapp may not know the dtls session has been torn down (depending on the 
API). Do others think we should collapse these?

Scott

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap