Subject: [Capwap] Issue 68: Update WLAN does not allow for RSN info to be sent down

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2006 10:58:25 -0700

While fixing issue 101, I had also fixed this issue. The request was to
allow for the RSN info to be sent in the Update WLAN message element.
Here is my proposed text:

 11.8.1.3.  IEEE 802.11 Update WLAN

   The Update WLAN message element is used by the AC to define a
   wireless LAN on the WTP.The inclusion of this message element MUST
   also include the IEEE 802.11 Information Element message element,
   containing the following 802.11 IEs:

   Capability
   WPA IE
   RSN IE
   EDCA Parameter Set IE
   QoS IE
   WMM IE

   The value contains the following format:

[...]

11.8.1.4.  IEEE 802.11 Information Element

   The IEEE 802.11 Information Element is used to communicate any IE
   defined in the IEEE 802.11 protocol. The contents of the data field
   will be an IEEE 802.11 information element as defined in clause
   7.3.2 of the IEEE 802.11 (1999) standard.

      0
      0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-
     | Info Element
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

   Type:  TBD for IEEE 802.11 Information Element

   Length:  >= 1

   Info Element:  The IEEE 802.11 Information Element, which includes
      the type, length and value field.

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap