Subject: [Capwap] Error in remove capability field in Add/Update WLAN

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 11:36:03 -0700

All,
 
It appears that in making a change in the -01 to introduce the IEEE
802.11 Information Element, we removed the capability field and instead
stated that the Power Capability Information Field is to be included in
the message. The issue is that the original intent of the capability
field was to include the contents of the capability information field,
not the information element. The information field does not have an IE,
and therefore MUST be added back to the Add/Update WLAN message element.

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 11:38:47 -0700

Issue 123 created to track this issue

Pat Calhoun

________________________________

	From: Pat Calhoun (pacalhou) 
	Sent: Monday, May 22, 2006 11:36 AM
	To: capwap
	Subject: [Capwap] Error in remove capability field in Add/Update
WLAN

	All,
	 
	It appears that in making a change in the -01 to introduce the
IEEE 802.11 Information Element, we removed the capability field and
instead stated that the Power Capability Information Field is to be
included in the message. The issue is that the original intent of the
capability field was to include the contents of the capability
information field, not the information element. The information field
does not have an IE, and therefore MUST be added back to the Add/Update
WLAN message element.

	Pat Calhoun