Subject: [Capwap] Issue 63 - Are all fields in the IEEE 802.11 Add Mobile required for Local Mac

From: "Dorothy Stanley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 May 2006 15:06:02 -0700

All,

Issue 63 is listed below:

> Page 96, Section 11.7.1.1. Is all of this information
> required for Add Mobile in the local MAC case?

Section 11.7.1.1 of draft -00 is now section 11.10.11 in draft -01, and
includes the following
fields:
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |    Radio ID   |        Association ID         |     Flags     |
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
     |          Capabilities         |   WLAN ID     |Supported Rates
     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

   Radio ID:  An 8-bit value representing the radio

   Association ID:  A 16-bit value specifying the IEEE 802.11
      Association Identifier

   Flags:  The Flags field MUST be set to zero

   Capabilities:  A 16-bit field containing the IEEE 802.11 capabilities
      to use with the mobile.

   WLAN ID:  An 8-bit value specifying the WLAN Identifier

   Supported Rates:  The variable length field containing the supported
      rates to be used with the mobile station.

The commenter is asking if all of the fields are needed in the
Local MAC case.

Proposed resolution:  Yes, all fields are required.

Comments please.

Thanks,

Dorothy
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap