Subject: Re: [Capwap] Consensus call on Split CAPWAP draft by 9/29.

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 11:48:28 -0700

I strongly support this. The WG has made a decision to create a flexible
protocol that allows for supporting various wireless technologies. Any
other group that references the capwap protocol must have a document
they can add as a normative reference without excluding specific
sections of the document.

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems

________________________________

	From: [email-masked]
[mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Friday, September 15, 2006 11:19 AM
	To: [email-masked]
	Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
	Subject: [Capwap] Consensus call on Split CAPWAP draft by 9/29.

	Hi All, 

	The editors feel that there is WG support to split the current
CAPWAP protocol draft into 2 drafts, a base draft and then a 802.11
binding draft.  The chairs would like to verify consensus with the WG
that there is sufficient interest to split the draft before making this
change.

	This issue has been discussed at the last CAPWAP WG meeting
during IETF 66 in Montreal where there was no opposition to this
request, and limited support on the list.  

	The chairs would like establish consensus on the issue of
splitting binding specific details from the base CAPWAP specification. 

	Please submit your opinions on this topic to the WG list by Sept
29th, for a final consensus call on this feature. 

	Best Regards, 
	Dorothy, Mani and Margaret 
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "Bob O'Hara (boohara)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 15:54:21 -0700

I support splitting the draft.

 -Bob

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2006 11:19 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Capwap] Consensus call on Split CAPWAP draft by 9/29.

Hi All, 

The editors feel that there is WG support to split the current CAPWAP
protocol draft into 2 drafts, a base draft and then a 802.11 binding
draft.  The chairs would like to verify consensus with the WG that there
is sufficient interest to split the draft before making this change.

This issue has been discussed at the last CAPWAP WG meeting during IETF
66 in Montreal where there was no opposition to this request, and
limited support on the list.  

The chairs would like establish consensus on the issue of splitting
binding specific details from the base CAPWAP specification. 

Please submit your opinions on this topic to the WG list by Sept 29th,
for a final consensus call on this feature. 

Best Regards,

---

From: "Saravanan Govindan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 16:14:41 +0800

All,

I think the CAPWAP specifications should be completed before being
split. My concern is that splitting the draft now may complicate
consensus on technical content. 

Saravanan

 

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, September 16, 2006 2:19 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Capwap] Consensus call on Split CAPWAP draft by 9/29.

Hi All, 

Best Regards,

---

From: "Nelson, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 10:02:44 -0400

Regards,
 
Dave
 
David B. Nelson
Enterasys Networks, Inc.
50 Minuteman Road
Andover, MA 01810-1008
Phone: (978) 684-1330  
E-mail: [email-masked]
 
________________________________________
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2006 2:19 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Capwap] Consensus call on Split CAPWAP draft by 9/29.

Hi All, 
The editors feel that there is WG support to split the current CAPWAP protocol draft into 2 drafts, a base draft and then a 802.11 binding draft.  The chairs would like to verify consensus with the WG that there is sufficient interest to split the draft before making this change.
This issue has been discussed at the last CAPWAP WG meeting during IETF 66 in Montreal where there was no opposition to this request, and limited support on the list.  
The chairs would like establish consensus on the issue of splitting binding specific details from the base CAPWAP specification. 
Please submit your opinions on this topic to the WG list by Sept 29th, for a final consensus call on this feature. 
Best Regards, 
Dorothy, Mani and Margaret 
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 11:14:38 -0600

Susan Hares 

[email-masked]