Subject: [Capwap] Issue 213: Make it clearer that MAC management frames are capwap data

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 09:36:48 -0700

11.4.  Technology Specific Bindings

   All CAPWAP transports have the following IEEE 802.11 specific
   bindings:

   Payload encapsulation:  The CAPWAP protocol defines the CAPWAP data
      frame, which is used to encapsulate a wireless payload.  For IEEE
      802.11, the IEEE 802.11 header and payload are encapsulated
      (excluding the IEEE 802.11 FCS checksum).  Note that both the
      802.11 MAC Management frames, as well as the 802.11 Data frames
      are included in the CAPWAP payload field.  The IEEE 802.11 FCS
      checksum is handled by the WTP.  This allows the WTP to validate a
      frame prior to sending it to the AC.  Similarly, when an AC wishes
      to transmit a frame towards a station, the WTP computes and adds
      the FCS checksum. 

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 09:42:42 -0700

Not sure what's going on with me today. I should have noted that the
text below is revised to address this comment.

My apologies.

Pat Calhoun

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Pat Calhoun (pacalhou) 
> Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 9:37 AM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: Issue 213: Make it clearer that MAC management 
> frames are capwap data
>