Subject: [Capwap] Consensus call on Split CAPWAP draft by 9/29.

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 11:18:55 -0700

Hi All,

The editors feel that there is WG support to split the current CAPWAP
protocol draft into 2 drafts, a base draft and then a 802.11 binding
draft.  The chairs would like to verify consensus with the WG that there
is sufficient interest to split the draft before making this change.

This issue has been discussed at the last CAPWAP WG meeting during IETF
66 in Montreal where there was no opposition to this request, and
limited support on the list.  

The chairs would like establish consensus on the issue of splitting
binding specific details from the base CAPWAP specification. 

Please submit your opinions on this topic to the WG list by Sept 29th,
for a final consensus call on this feature.

Best Regards,
Dorothy, Mani and Margaret

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 11:48:44 -0700

I'm in favor of splitting the drafts.

            jak

----- Original Message ----- 
From: <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2006 11:18 AM
Subject: [Capwap] Consensus call on Split CAPWAP draft by 9/29.

Hi All,

Best Regards,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

---

From: Charles Clancy <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 16:50:00 -0400

Support.

-- 
t. charles clancy, ph.d.  |  [email-masked]  |  www.cs.umd.edu/~clancy

[email-masked] wrote:
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>

---

From: "Dorothy Stanley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 19:20:12 -0700

I strongly support splitting the draft -
-to provide a single capwap protocol document for users to reference,
independent of application
- to increase the group's focus on developing a protocol that can and will
be used by
applications in addition to WLAN
- to increase the group's focus on the essentials of the base CAPWAP
protocol versus binding features

Dorothy Stanley

---

From: "Puneet Agarwal" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 21:06:13 -0700

I support the split into 2 drafts.
 
Thanks.
 
-Puneet

________________________________

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2006 11:19 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Capwap] Consensus call on Split CAPWAP draft by 9/29.

Hi All, 

Best Regards,

---

From: Behcet Sarikaya <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 09:32:35 -0700 (PDT)

I support the split.

--behcet

----- Original Message ----
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2006 1:18:55 PM
Subject: [Capwap] Consensus call on Split CAPWAP draft by 9/29.

Consensus call on Split CAPWAP draft by 9/29.        Hi All, 
  The editors feel that there is WG support to split the current CAPWAP protocol draft into 2 drafts, a base draft and then a 802.11 binding draft.  The chairs would like to verify consensus with the WG that there is sufficient interest to split the draft before making this change.
  This issue has been discussed at the last CAPWAP WG meeting during IETF 66 in Montreal where there was no opposition to this request, and limited support on the list.  
  The chairs would like establish consensus on the issue of splitting binding specific details from the base CAPWAP specification. 
  Please submit your opinions on this topic to the WG list by Sept 29th, for a final consensus call on this feature. 
  Best Regards,  
Dorothy, Mani and Margaret 
    _________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

---

From: "Chiu, Ran-Fun" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 12:39:43 -0500

I support to split the current CAPWAP protocol draft into two.

Ran-Fun Chiu

HP Labs

Hi All, 

Best Regards,

---

From: "David T. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 22:03:38 -0700 (PDT)

HI,

I support the splitting. I believe that it will result it increasing
the rate of convergence of a solid interoperable implementations.

Best regards,
/david t. perkins

---

From: sujay <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 16:40:38 +0530

I would support for the Split.

Regds,
Sujay G
My Location;
http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=14.626109,76.959229
<http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=14.626109,76.959229&spn=4.724852,7.525085&t=
h&hl=en> &spn=4.724852,7.525085&t=h&hl=en

This e-mail and attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI,
which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed
above. Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including,
but not limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or
dissemination) by persons other than the intended recipient's) is
prohibited. If you receive this e-mail in error, please notify the sender by
phone or email immediately and delete it! 

  _____  

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, September 15, 2006 11:49 PM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: [Capwap] Consensus call on Split CAPWAP draft by 9/29.

Hi All, 

The editors feel that there is WG support to split the current CAPWAP
protocol draft into 2 drafts, a base draft and then a 802.11 binding draft.
The chairs would like to verify consensus with the WG that there is
sufficient interest to split the draft before making this change.

This issue has been discussed at the last CAPWAP WG meeting during IETF 66
in Montreal where there was no opposition to this request, and limited
support on the list.  

The chairs would like establish consensus on the issue of splitting binding
specific details from the base CAPWAP specification. 

Please submit your opinions on this topic to the WG list by Sept 29th, for a
final consensus call on this feature. 

Best Regards,