Subject: [Capwap] Proposed resolution to issues 72, 73, 108, 181, and 190.

From: "Michael Montemurro" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Sep 2006 14:55:08 -0400

These issues all have to do with the configuration process and error handing
of that process.

I propose to resolve these comments by doing the following:
1) Add a add a Configuration Status Acknowledgement Frame. The WTP would
send this frame back with a status code to indicate success or failure of
its ability to apply the configuration.

2) The configuration update response could be modified to include any
message elements that could not be applied by the WTP.

3) In the case of a configuration message that exceeds the MTU between the
WTP and the AC, the CAPWAP fragmentation mechanism would be allow the
message to be fragmented by the AC and reassembled by the WTP. I don't think
there needs to be any updates to CAPWAP to address this issue.

Cheers,

Mike
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap