Subject: [Capwap] WTP and AC version number?

From: "Peter Nilsson J (LI/EAB)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 08:15:07 +0200

I was reading the about the state transistions chapter 2.3.1 in draft
-02.
In transintion (g) "Join to Configure" and (i) "Configure to Image Data"
it is said that the WTP determines that its version number is same or
different than the version number advertised by the AC.
First of all I assume that the version number meant here is the software
or firmware version.
What is not clear to me is how the WTP get to know the version number
advertised by the AC. The only software version I have seen that the AC
sends to the WTP is the AC's Software version in AC Descriptor message
element sent in the Discovery Response. But the AC's own software
version would not be much help to determine if the WTP needs to update
its firmware or not.
Can some one explain how this is meant to work?

Peter Nilsson
Ericsson AB
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "David T. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Sep 2006 08:49:19 -0700 (PDT)

HI,

The current speci is broken in several ways in addition
to what you noticed. These problems have been pointed
out in previous emails. They just haven't been solved,
and a process has not been put in place to solve them. 

> Can some one explain how this is meant to work?
Regards,
/david t. perkins