Subject: [Capwap] Next Draft editorship process

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 09:01:53 -0700

All,

During our editor call this morning, the editors agreed to the following
process. We will continue to address new issues until 9/29. In order to
meet our agreed upon milestones, we believe it is important to balance
issue discussion with timely closure. Therefore, when we propose an
resolution for an issue, we will provide the list with two weeks to
respond, after which we will close the issue based on rough consensus.
No responses to an issue assumes consensus - regardless of the proposed
action. Of course, any contentious issues, for which debates are still
ongoing, have no consensus, and will not fall under this rule.

As part of this editor cycle, we plan to split up the draft into two;
base and 802.11 binding. The former will be labelled -03 and the latter
-00. Given we have a -00 draft, and we wish to post both drafts at the
same time, we will use the -00 deadlines, which is 10/16. Our plan is to
submit both drafts on 10/13. 

Thanks,

Pat, Mike and Dorothy
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "David T. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2006 10:48:10 -0700 (PDT)

HI,

That plan would be all fine and good if the document and
issues were at the stage that only polishing was needed.

I don't support the proposed process and suggest that an alternative
one be used that will result in resolution of the fundamental
issues such as the packet format.

> submit both drafts on 10/13. 

Regards,
/david t. perkins

---

From: "James Kempf" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Sep 2006 10:30:08 -0700

This plan sounds fine to me. I think it will help advance the goal of 
achieving closure on the documents by next June.

            jak