Subject: Re: [Capwap] WTP and AC version number?

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 11:15:47 -0700

Correct, Peter. This is broken. There is already an issue to fix this.
Issue 126.
 
We do need proposed text.

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems

________________________________

	From: Peter Nilsson J (LI/EAB)
[mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Sunday, September 10, 2006 11:15 PM
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Capwap] WTP and AC version number?

	I was reading the about the state transistions chapter 2.3.1 in
draft -02. 
	In transintion (g) "Join to Configure" and (i) "Configure to
Image Data" it is said that the WTP determines that its version number
is same or different than the version number advertised by the AC.

	First of all I assume that the version number meant here is the
software or firmware version. 
	What is not clear to me is how the WTP get to know the version
number advertised by the AC. The only software version I have seen that
the AC sends to the WTP is the AC's Software version in AC Descriptor
message element sent in the Discovery Response. But the AC's own
software version would not be much help to determine if the WTP needs to
update its firmware or not.

	Can some one explain how this is meant to work? 

	Peter Nilsson 
	Ericsson AB 
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap