Subject: [Capwap] Proposed Resolution to Issue 175: WTP Board Data belongs in the Join, not Configure

From: "Dorothy Stanley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 14:03:50 -0800

All,

Issue 175 states:

27) WTP Board Data belongs in the Join, not configure.

<PRC> Agreed, but wonder even more why we are duplicating this
information across both the WTP Descriptor and the WTP Board Data
message elements.

There seem to be 2 parts to the issue

(a) Inclusion of the WTP model number, serial number, board ID and Board
revision
in both the WTP Board Data message element, and in the WTP Descriptor
message element.

Proposed resolution: Delete these fields from the WTP Descriptor message
element,
leaving them in one element, the WTP Board Data element; In messages
including the WTP Descriptor
message element - Discovery Request and Primary Discovery Request
and Join, add the WTP Board Data message element.

(b) WTP Board Data should be in the Join, not Configure message.

Proposed Resolution: Delete the WTP Board Data message element from
the list of elements in the Configuration Status message.
The Join message already included the WTP Board Data information, as it
included the WTP Descriptor message element. It will now list both
the WTP Descriptor and WTP Board Data message elements, per the proposed
change in (a) above.

Comments welcome,

Thanks,

Dorothy
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap