Subject: Re: [Capwap] Proposed Resolution to Issue 199: EAPOL-Key messagegeneration at WTP or AC

From: "Saravanan Govindan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 09:34:33 +0800

Hi Dorothy,

I agree Issue 199 is a duplicate and can be closed.

I do look forward to the consensus text for Issue 43.

Best regards,

Saravanan

 

________________________________

From: Dorothy Stanley [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, January 06, 2007 6:18 AM
To: capwap
Subject: [Capwap] Proposed Resolution to Issue 199: EAPOL-Key
messagegeneration at WTP or AC

All,

Please see the issue tracker for the complete description of Issue 199,
summarized as:

...the WTP maintains the KeyRSC while the AC requires this information
to generate

the EAPoL frame for Message-3 of the 4-way handshake. ....

The proposal is to include a CAPWAP Key Configuration message that can

transport the EAPoL frame between AC and WTP before being sent to the 

client (terminal). 

Issue 199 appears to be a duplicate of Issue 43, which is
being resolved via added text to the security considerations section
of the 802.11 binding document. EAPOL-Key messages in the
4-Way Handshake exchange are always generated at the AC.

Proposed resolution: Close as a duplicate.

Comments welcome,

Thanks,

Dorothy Stanley

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap