Subject: [Capwap] Issue 90: Using 802.3 for tunnelling in Split-MAC mode

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 14:51:50 -0800

Instead, it was agreed to fix local MAC instead of changing split MAC.
The fix is to change figure 4 to add "/AC" to both the Distribution
Service and Assoc lines.

The fix ends up looking like:
<text>
2.1.2.  Local MAC
[...]
        Function                               Location
            Distribution Service                      WTP/AC
            Integration Service                       WTP
            Beacon Generation                         WTP
            Probe Response Generation                 WTP
            Power Mgmt/Packet Buffering               WTP
            Fragmentation/Defragmentation             WTP
            Assoc/Disassoc/Reassoc                    WTP/AC

       IEEE 802.11 QOS
            Classifying                               WTP
            Scheduling                                WTP
            Queuing                                   WTP

       IEEE 802.11 RSN
            IEEE 802.1X/EAP                           AC
            RSNA Key Management                       AC
            IEEE 802.11 Encryption/Decryption         WTP

      Figure 4: Mapping of 802.11 Functions for Local AP Architecture
</text> 

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap