Subject: [Capwap] Issue 13: define how MTU of 1596 was chosen

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 12:09:36 -0800

The original issue was raised as: 
> e) Page 41 -- Section 6.1 Join Request -- 3rd paragraph -- Why the
1596 MTU limit -- how was this number chosen ? == (RIF routes 
> if vlan ?) if I use 802.3 then I have seen h/w do 1522 (4 byte vlan
tag) -- some number a little bigger than 1522 and h/w do 16K 
> bytes -- (intel ixp 4xx series) --- The 16K number is bigger than the
4k SDU for wireless medium... Would it be better to base the > discovery
on the MTU of the wireless media and work down ? 

During the interim meeting this week, we agreed that since the offending
text refered to above has been removed long ago, and that there are no
references to MTU size in the Join Request section, this issue would be
rejected.

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap