Subject: [Capwap] Issue 149: IPv6 Multicast address for Discovery phase

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 12:06:16 -0800

Based on the conversations at the interim meeting, it was agreed that
the best way to resolve this was to simply add a statement about the use
of multicast for IPv6, as well as an IANA considerations statement to
have a multicast address allocated.

<text>
3.2.  AC Discovery
[...]
   As the WTP attempts to establish communication with an AC, it sends
   the Discovery Request message and receives the corresponding response
   message from the AC(s).  The WTP must send the Discovery Request
   message to either the limited broadcast IP address (255.255.255.255),
   a well known multicast address or to the unicast IP address of the
   AC.  For IPv6 networks, since broadcast does not exist, the use of
   "All ACs multicast address" is used instead.

14.  IANA Considerations
[...]
   IANA needs to assign an organization local multicast address called
   the "All ACs multicast address" from the IPv6 multicast address
   registry in Section 3.2

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap