Subject: [Capwap] Proposed Resolution to Issue 199: EAPOL-Key message generation at WTP or AC

From: "Dorothy Stanley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 14:17:44 -0800

All,

Please see the issue tracker for the complete description of Issue 199,
summarized as:

...the WTP maintains the KeyRSC while the AC requires this information
to generate
the EAPoL frame for Message-3 of the 4-way handshake. ....
The proposal is to include a CAPWAP Key Configuration message that can
transport the EAPoL frame between AC and WTP before being sent to the
client (terminal).

Issue 199 appears to be a duplicate of Issue 43, which is
being resolved via added text to the security considerations section
of the 802.11 binding document. EAPOL-Key messages in the
4-Way Handshake exchange are always generated at the AC.

Proposed resolution: Close as a duplicate.

Comments welcome,

Thanks,

Dorothy Stanley
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 12:33:15 -0800

agreed

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems

________________________________

	From: Dorothy Stanley [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Friday, January 05, 2007 2:18 PM
	To: capwap
	Subject: [Capwap] Proposed Resolution to Issue 199: EAPOL-Key
messagegeneration at WTP or AC

	All,
	
	Please see the issue tracker for the complete description of
Issue 199, summarized as:

	...the WTP maintains the KeyRSC while the AC requires this
information to generate
	the EAPoL frame for Message-3 of the 4-way handshake. ....
	The proposal is to include a CAPWAP Key Configuration message
that can
	
	transport the EAPoL frame between AC and WTP before being sent
to the 
	client (terminal). 

	Issue 199 appears to be a duplicate of Issue 43, which is
	being resolved via added text to the security considerations
section
	of the 802.11 binding document. EAPOL-Key messages in the
	4-Way Handshake exchange are always generated at the AC.

	Comments welcome,
	
	Thanks,
	
	Dorothy Stanley