Subject: [Capwap] Some editorial feedback on draft 04

From: "Peter Nilsson J (LI/EAB)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 10:29:48 +0100

Here is some editorial feedback on draft -04

4.4.1.1 Message Type
The list of Control Messages is broken

5.2 Discovery Response
In the second paragraph it is indicated that the Session ID is a part of
the CAPWAP header.

8.3 Configuration Status Response
In the list of message elements
Radio Operational Event  i assume should be Radio Operational State

11 NAT Considerations
In the last sentence of the second paragraph it is indicated the the
Session ID is a part of the CAPWAP header.

12.3 Use of Certificates in CAPWAP
In the last paragraph it is indicated the the WTP MAC Address is part of
the CAPWAP header.

Peter

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 13:09:23 -0800

Issue 242

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems

________________________________

	From: Peter Nilsson J (LI/EAB)
[mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Friday, January 26, 2007 1:30 AM
	To: [email-masked]
	Subject: [Capwap] Some editorial feedback on draft 04

	4.4.1.1 Message Type 

	5.2 Discovery Response 
	In the second paragraph it is indicated that the Session ID is a
part of the CAPWAP header. 

	8.3 Configuration Status Response 
	In the list of message elements 
	Radio Operational Event  i assume should be Radio Operational
State 

	11 NAT Considerations 
	In the last sentence of the second paragraph it is indicated the
the Session ID is a part of the CAPWAP header. 

	12.3 Use of Certificates in CAPWAP 
	In the last paragraph it is indicated the the WTP MAC Address is
part of the CAPWAP header. 

	Peter

---

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2007 13:09:23 -0800

> The list of Control Messages is broken 
Yes, thanks. This has been fixed.

> 5.2 Discovery Response 
> In the second paragraph it is indicated that the Session ID is a part
of the CAPWAP header. 
This paragraph is no longer valid and has been removed.

> Radio Operational Event  i assume should be Radio Operational State 
Correct. I have made the change.

Session ID is a part of the CAPWAP header. 
I have modified the text. The paragraph now reads:
<text>
   It is, however, possible for two or more WTPs to reside behind the
   same NAT system.  In this instance, the AC would receive multiple
   connection requests from the same IP address, and could end up
   thinking all of the connection requests come from the same WTP.  It
   is important that the AC not disconnect another WTP's session as a
   result of this situation occuring.  Therefore, the AC should consider
   the WTP's identity, which is communicated within the DTLS exchange
   used to secure the CAPWAP control channel.  The CAPWAP Data Check
   state, which establishes the data plane connection and communicates
   the Data Keepalive, includes the Session Identifier message element,
   which is used to bind the control and data plane.  This allows the AC
   to match the control and data plane flows from multiple WTPs behind
   the same NAT system (therefore all sharing the same IP address).
</text>

> In the last paragraph it is indicated the the WTP MAC Address is part
of the CAPWAP header. 
This was removed as part of the fixes for issue 226.

Thanks for the careful review of the spec.

Pat Calhoun

	Peter