Subject: [Capwap] Operations for CERT management on WTPs

From: "David T. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 13:17:30 -0800 (PST)

HI,

I didn't see in the issue tracker a request to add operations
that are used to add and/or update the CERT(s) on a WTP.
Did I miss this?

Regards,
/david t. perkins
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "Dorothy Stanley" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 13:30:46 -0800

David,

Issue 143 addressed the comment re: commands to update/add certificates, and
was closed
in -03/-00 with the following resolution:
....

 6) Tthe CAPWAP protocol must have a new message
      to install an updated CERT for the WTP.

Proposed resolution: Defer for consideration in the next version of CAPWAP;
the mechanisms for certificate distribution and management are
quite complex re: certifcate formats, content, generation etc.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 7) the CAPWAP protocol must have a new message
      to install a CA CERT.

Proposed resolution: Defer for consideration in the next version of CAPWAP;
the mechanisms for certificate distribution and management are
quite complex re: certifcate formats, content, management.

Dorothy Stanley

---

From: "David T. Perkins" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2007 15:40:26 -0800 (PST)

HI,

Thanks for the info.
However, I just don't believe that installing CERTs (especially
CA certs) is that complex. CERT management is required to
be able to manage WTPs via CAPWAP. Otherwise, another management
protocol will be required to manage CERTs. If so, then WTP
management will not be interoperable. I thought that that was
a primary goal of CAPWAP?

Regards,
/david t. perkins

---

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2007 08:44:37 -0800

I agree on the agreed upon resolution for issue 143 which is to defer
this feature for consideration in a future version of CAPWAP.

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems

________________________________

	From: Dorothy Stanley [mailto:[email-masked]] 
	Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2007 1:31 PM
	To: David T. Perkins
	Cc: [email-masked]
	Subject: Re: [Capwap] Operations for CERT management on WTPs

	David,
	
	Issue 143 addressed the comment re: commands to update/add
certificates, and was closed
	in -03/-00 with the following resolution:
	....

	Proposed resolution: Defer for consideration in the next version
of CAPWAP;
	the mechanisms for certificate distribution and management are

------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------

	      to install a CA CERT.
	
	Proposed resolution: Defer for consideration in the next version
of CAPWAP;
	the mechanisms for certificate distribution and management are
	quite complex re: certifcate formats, content, management.
	Dorothy Stanley

		HI,
		
		I didn't see in the issue tracker a request to add
operations
		that are used to add and/or update the CERT(s) on a WTP.
		Did I miss this?
		
		Regards,
		/david t. perkins
	
_________________________________________________________________ 
		To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options,
please visit:
		http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap