Subject: Re: [Capwap] WTP MAC address

From: "Smitha Smitha (ssmitha)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 3 Jan 2007 08:26:47 +0530

Peter,
 
You can use the "M" bit in the CAPWAP transport header and populate the
mac address in the "Radio Mac Address" field.
 
Thanks
Smitha

________________________________

From: Peter Nilsson J (LI/EAB) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, December 21, 2006 3:50 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Capwap] WTP MAC address

In the early days of CAPWAP (draft-ohara-capwap-lwapp-03.txt) the WTP
MAC address was part of the WTP Board Data message element.

It has since been removed and I can not see that there is a way for the
AC to retrieve the WTP MAC address. 
I think it would be nice to have this information to be used as a unique
identifier for the WTP, for example as a key for some configuration
database in the AC.

The serial number which should be unique per WTP is already a part of
the WTP Descriptor and could be used for the purpose. 

But CAPWAP specifies the the MAC address shall be used for the Common
Name (CN) attribute in the Certificates. 
Maybe one wants to access the database during the DTLS handshake. Then
it would be nice to be able to use the same key for both these purposes.

I suggest to add the WTP MAC address to the WTP Descriptor element. 

Peter 

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "Peter Nilsson J (LI/EAB)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Jan 2007 08:41:31 +0100

But the Radio Mac Address filed is defined to be the MAC address of the
radio interface.
I was intrested to get hold of the MAC address of the (Ethernet)
interface on which the CAPWAP packets are transmitted.
 
Peter

From: Smitha Smitha (ssmitha) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: den 3 januari 2007 03:57
To: Peter Nilsson J (LI/EAB); [email-masked]
Subject: RE: [Capwap] WTP MAC address

Peter,

Thanks
Smitha

Peter