Subject: [Capwap] IMPORTANT: Upcoming CAPWAP Interim

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2007 10:04:22 -0500

Hi All,

I'd like to remind you of our upcoming interim meeting:

When:	Wed & Thurs, January 24th & 25th
Where:	3750 Cisco Way (Building 15)
		San Jose, CA, USA

If you are planning to attend and have not yet registered, please do  
so TODAY at:

http://www.ltsnet.net/ietf/67.5/

The registration cut-off is tomorrow (Friday, January 12th).

The editors have committed to send a document update before the  
meeting containing all of the resolutions that have been sent to the  
list to date.  The current version of the CAPWAP charter, including  
our upcoming milestones and pointers to our Internet-Drafts (soon to  
change), can be found here:

http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/capwap-charter.html

The goal of the meeting will be to review, and hopefully resolve, as  
many of the open CAPWAP issues as possible, in preparation for a WG  
Last Call on both documents in late February 2007 (before the Prague  
IETF meeting).

As for San Diego, we will produce a list of all open issues grouped  
into at least 5 major categories:

(1) Issues that are well-enough understood to benefit from face-to- 
face discussion.  These issues will be further grouped by topic and  
discussed in the meeting.
(2) Issues that are too new or unexplored to discuss yet.  These  
issues should be discussed further on the mailing list.
(3) Issues that have obvious or agreed solutions and don't require  
further discussion.  These will be fixed, as necessary., by the  
editors for the next document version.
(4) Issues that don't have enough information to be actionable.   
These issues will be closed without any action.
(5) Issues that are feature requests for a possible later version of  
CAPWAP.  These issues will be not remain open against this version,  
but will remain available for later consideration if/when development  
of a new version of CAPWAP is chartered.

This list will be sent to the mailing list early next week, and we  
hope to gain consensus on the categorization of these issues, as well  
as on solutions to specific issues.

If you have a specific open issue and/or proposed change that you  
would like to discuss at the interim, please do the following things:

(1) Check that your issue is listed as an open issue in the CAPWAP  
issue tracker at:  http://www.capwap.org/cgi-bin/roundup/CAPWAP/index
(2) Send an e-mail to the WG chairs (me, Dorothy and Mani, both  
cc:ed) no later than your COB on Friday, January 12th indicating that  
you would like to discuss your issue at the interim.  Include your  
issue number, a short description of the issue that you would like to  
discuss, and a summary of the WG mailing list discussion to date.

Because we will not have all of our active WG members present, we  
will only be discussing open issues from the tracker that have been  
discussed enough on the mailing list to indicate that there is some  
support to make a change and where those discussions indicate that we  
have some common understanding of the issue. This interim meeting is  
not an appropriate forum to present new work, to raise new  
substantive issues and/or to present new proposed changes that have  
not already been discussed on the mailing list.  The purpose of the  
interim will be to reach consensus of those present on the best  
solutions to our currently open issues.  All decisions will, of  
course, be reviewed on the mailing list.

We look forward to seeing many of you in San Jose!

Margaret
(for the CAPWAP Chairs)

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap