Subject: [Capwap] Issue 234: Join Request is missing message elements

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2007 05:49:40 -0800

As noted in the interim meeting, since the discovery phase is optional,
it
is necessary for the join to include all of the message elements that
are in
the discovery messages. I have made the changes, which can be found
below.

6.1.  Join Request
[...]
   The following message elements MUST be included in the Join Request
   message.

   o  Location Data, see Section 4.5.28

   o  WTP Board Data, see Section 4.5.37

   o  WTP Descriptor, see Section 4.5.38

   o  WTP IPv4 IP Address, see Section 4.5.41

   o  WTP Name, see Section 4.5.43

   o  Session ID, see Section 4.5.34

   o  WTP Frame Tunnel Mode, see Section 4.5.40

   o  WTP MAC Type, see Section 4.5.42

   The following message element MAY be included in the Join Request
   message.

   o  WTP Reboot Statistics, see Section 4.5.46

6.2.  Join Response
[...]
   The following message elements MAY be included in the Join Response
   message.

   o  AC IPv4 List, see Section 4.5.2

   o  AC IPv6 List, see Section 4.5.3

   o  Image Identifier, see Section 4.5.25

   The following message element MUST be included in the Join Response
   message.

   o  Result Code, see Section 4.5.32

   o  AC Descriptor, see Section 4.5.1

   o  AC Name, see Section 4.5.4

   o  CAPWAP Control IPv4 Address, see Section 4.5.10

   o  CAPWAP Control IPv6 Address, see Section 4.5.11

   o  WTP Radio Information Element(s)that the AC supports; These are
      defined by the individual link layer CAPWAP Binding Protocols.

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap