Subject: [Capwap] Issue 72: get WLAN Config message

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Jan 2007 20:46:42 -0800

During the CAPWAP interim meeting, we discussed this issue and decided
to add
specific text to a new section, called management considerations. The
group did
not feel that it was necessary to provide a method to retrieve the WTP's
latest
configuration, but did agree that some guidance on the use of management
protocols would be useful. The proposed text is:

<text>

13.  Management Considerations

   The CAPWAP protocol assumes that it is the only configuration
   interface to the WTP to configure parameters that are specified in
   the CAPWAP specifications.  While the use of a separate management
   protocol MAY be used for the purposes of monitoring the WTP directly,
   configuring the WTP through a separate management interface is not
   recommended.  Configuring the WTP through a separate protocol, such
   as via a CLI or SNMP, could lead to the AC's state being out of sync
   with the WTP.

</text>

Pat Calhoun
CTO, Wireless Networking Business Unit
Cisco Systems
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap