Subject: [Capwap] Clarification of ResponseTimeout and the transition of "Join to Configure" in AC side

From: "ky lu" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2007 15:30:51 +0800

Hi, All:

I'm a master student and I got some confusions with draft v5:

1) After sending Configuration Status, WTP starts the ResponseTimeout
timer (default is one second). If there's no response was received
after one second, and the ResponseTimeout timer was expired, what the
transition should be done at this time?

2) The transition "Join to Configuration" in the AC side:

         AC:  This state transition occurs immediately after the AC
         transmits the Join Response message to the WTP.  If the AC
         receives the Configuration Status message from the WTP, the AC
         must transmit a Configuration Status Response message (see
         Section 8.3) to the WTP, and may include specific message
         elements to override the WTP's configuration.  The WTP also
         starts the ChangeStatePendingTimer timer (see Section 4.6).

The ChangeStatePendingTimer timer was started after transmitting Join
Response or after transmitting Configuration Status Response?

Regards,
Louis Lu
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap