Subject: [Capwap] Issue 207 - WLAN terminology

From: "Saravanan Govindan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 09:34:55 +0800

Dear All,

A gentle reminder that there was agreement on this issue to include the
definition for WLAN.

Cheers,

Saravanan

 

________________________________

From: Dorothy Stanley [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Saturday, January 27, 2007 5:49 AM
To: capwap
Subject: [Capwap] Proposed Resolution - Issue 207 - New WLAN
terminologyproposed

All,

At the CAPWAP ad-hoc, we agreed to try to resolve rather than defer
Issue 207, listed below:

I'd like to suggest an additional item for the terminology section
(Section 

1.5 - Terminology). Following from earlier discussions, we can consider
using 

the same definition as in the Objectives RFC without having to reference
it. 

Suggestion:

WLAN: A WLAN refers to a logical separation of a physical WTP, also
known as 

logical group. So a single physical WTP will operate a number of WLANs
or 

logical groups. Virtual access points are examples of logical groups.
Here, 

each Basic Service Set Identifier (BSSID) and constituent wireless
terminals' 

radios are denoted as distinct logical groups of a physical WTP.

Proposed resolution:

Add the following definition to section 1.5 Terminology, in the binding
-01 document:

WLAN: In this document, WLAN refers to a logical component instantiated
on a WTP device.

A single physical WTP may operate a number of WLANs. Each Basic Service
Set Identifier (BSSID) 

and its constituent wireless terminal radios is denoted as a distinct
WLAN on a physical WTP.

Comments welcome,

Dorothy Stanley

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "Saravanan Govindan" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Apr 2007 09:38:00 +0800

Sorry, just saw the definition in the binding document.

Saravanan

 

From: Saravanan Govindan [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, April 16, 2007 9:35 AM
To: capwap
Subject: [Capwap] Issue 207 - WLAN terminology

Dear All,

Cheers,

Saravanan

 

All,

Suggestion:

 

Proposed resolution:

Comments welcome,

Dorothy Stanley