Subject: [Capwap] publication of the three informational documents

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 08:25:46 +0300

As you could see from the agenda of the 4/19 IESG telechat, the three
documents 

draft-ohara-capwap-lwapp
draft-iino-capwap-wicop
draft-narasimhan-ietf-slapp

that were initial submissions for the capwap protocol and were
re-submitted as independent submissions via RFC Editor will be discussed
in the telechat tomorrow for publication as Informational RFCs, with an
IESG notes that explains their status. Some of the ADs raised the
concern that the publication of the documents before the CAPWAP protocol
is completed and published can create confusion, and recommended
considering postponing the publication until the completion of the
CAPWAP protocol document. If there are any strong opinions on this
respect please make them heard here or to the IESG until tomorrow 4/19
morning the latest (the IESG telechat starts at 11:30ET on 4/19). 

Dan

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 00:32:09 -0700

I agree with the ADs concens, and would also request that the
informational RFCs be published post CAPWAP RFC.

PatC 

-----Original Message-----
From: Romascanu, Dan (Dan) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 10:26 PM
To: capwap
Cc: Wijnen, Bert (Bert)
Subject: [Capwap] publication of the three informational documents

draft-ohara-capwap-lwapp
draft-iino-capwap-wicop

Dan

---

From: "Susan Hares" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2007 10:47:21 -0600

Dan and Pat:

I'm fine with waiting until after the CAPWAP draft is completed.

Sue

-----Original Message-----
From: Pat Calhoun (pacalhou) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, April 18, 2007 3:32 AM
To: Romascanu, Dan (Dan); capwap
Cc: Wijnen, Bert (Bert)
Subject: Re: [Capwap] publication of the three informational documents

PatC 

-----Original Message-----
From: Romascanu, Dan (Dan) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, April 17, 2007 10:26 PM
To: capwap
Cc: Wijnen, Bert (Bert)
Subject: [Capwap] publication of the three informational documents

draft-ohara-capwap-lwapp
draft-iino-capwap-wicop

Dan