Subject: [Capwap] WG LAST CALL: draft-ietf-capwap-protocol-specification-06.txt and draft-ietf-capwap-protocol-binding-ieee80211-03.txt

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 14:28:07 -0400

Hi All,

This is a Working Group Last Call (WGLC) for comments on draft-ietf- 
capwap-protocol-specification-06.txt and draft-ietf-capwap-protocol- 
binding-ieee80211-03.txt.  This WGLC will remain open through Friday,  
May 11th.

During this period, each active WG member should do a careful review  
of the drafts and raise any remaining issues that need to be resolved  
before publication.  Even if you have read the drafts before, please  
re-review the drafts in their entirety and send any remaining issues  
to the mailing list by Friday, May 11th.

We will accept two types of WGLC comments:

- Substantive issues:  Problems (bugs) in the specification that you  
believe must be resolved before the drafts are published.
- Editorial issues:  Minor problems (such as spelling, grammar or  
structural issues) that should be resolved at the
discretion of the editors.

Please be clear about the category (substantive or editorial) of each  
of your comments.

Also, if you review the document and do not find any substantive  
issues, please send a note to the list indicating that fact, so that  
we will know that the document has been adequately reviewed.

It is no longer in scope to suggest optimizations and/or alternative  
ways to accomplish the CAPWAP goals, unless they are required to fix  
blocking, substantive problems with the drafts.  Although it is  
always in scope to point out a serious technical flaws in IETF  
specifications, once we have collected the full set of WGLC issues,  
we will attempt to constrain any further review periods to comments  
on the changes that were made to resolve those issues.  So, it is  
important to get all of your issues on the table during this WGLC  
period, if you want them to be considered by the WG.

These documents are also out for review by the IEEE at their upcoming  
IEEE 802.11meeting in mid-May.  Any comments from the IEEE will also  
be treated as Last Call comments (even though they may be returned  
shortly after the end of our WGLC period) and will be resolved during  
the WGLC comment resolution period.

We already have some open issues with the drafts that have not yet  
been fixed in the latest version.  Please see the CAPWAP issues  
tracker for details regarding these issues, their status and their  
proposed resolutions.  The issue tracker can be found here:

http://www.capwap.org/cgi-bin/roundup/CAPWAP/index

Issues in the "feature" and "bug" categories will be resolved before  
publication.  Issues in the "wish" category have been deferred and  
will not be addressed in this version of the CAPWAP specification.   
They may be considered for a future version of the CAPWAP protocol.   
If you have raised an issue that you believe has not been properly  
reflected in the CAPWAP issue tracker, please make that clear now  
during the WGLC period, so that we can resolve your issue before  
publication.

Thanks,
Dorothy, Mani and Margaret
The CAPWAP Co-Chairs

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Apr 2007 14:37:42 -0400

For your convenience, here are URLs that point to the two drafts that  
were just sent to WGLC:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-capwap-protocol- 
specification-06.txt

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-capwap-protocol- 
binding-ieee80211-03.txt

Margaret