Subject: [Capwap] FW: Informational RFC to be: draft-ohara-capwap-lwapp-04.txt

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 8 May 2007 17:48:55 +0300

-----Original Message-----
From: The IESG [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Tuesday, May 08, 2007 5:47 PM
To: RFC Editor
Cc: [email-masked]; The IESG; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Informational RFC to be: draft-ohara-capwap-lwapp-04.txt 

The IESG has no problem with the publication of 'Light Weight Access
Point Protocol' <draft-ohara-capwap-lwapp-04.txt> as an Informational
RFC. 

The IESG would also like the RFC-Editor to review the comments in the
datatracker
(https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/pidtracker.cgi?command=view_id&dTag
=11787&rfc_flag=0)
related to this document and determine whether or not they merit
incorporation into the document. Comments may exist in both the ballot
and the comment log. 

The IESG contact person is Dan Romascanu.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ohara-capwap-lwapp-04.txt

The process for such documents is described at
http://www.rfc-editor.org/indsubs.html.

Thank you,

The IESG Secretary

Technical Summary

   The IETF's CAPWAP WG has identified that a standards based protocol
   is necessary between a wireless Access Controller and Wireless
   Termination Points (the latter are also commonly referred to as Light
   Weight Access Points).  This specification defines the Light Weight
   Access Point Protocol (LWAPP), which addresses the CAPWAP's protocol
   requirements.  Although the LWAPP protocol is designed to be flexible
   enough to be used for a variety of wireless technologies, this
   specific document describes the base protocol, and an extension that
   allows it to be used with the IEEE's 802.11 wireless LAN protocol.
 
Working Group Summary
 
   This document was a candidate protocol submission for the Control and

   Provisioning of Wireless Access Points (CAPWAP) Working Group. It is 
   being published for informational and historical reference purposes. 

Protocol Quality
 
   The evaluation of the candidate protocols for CAPWAP is being 
   described in RFC 4565.

   This document is not a candidate for any level of Internet
   Standard.  The document has not had complete IETF review for such
   things as security, congestion control, or inappropriate interaction 
   with deployed protocols.

Note to RFC Editor
 
   The IESG takes note that this submission is being published for 
   historic reference, with the intention to document an initial
   submission for the CAPWAP protocol. In order to avoid confusion, the
   IESG recommends that this document  be published only after the 
   approval and publication of the CAPWAP protocol (draft-ietf-capwap-
   protocol-specification) as Proposed Standard. 
 
   The IESG believes that the appropriate status at the publication of 
   this RFC would be 'Historic', and that the note 'Obsoleted by RFC
   xxxx' should be added on the front page, where xxxx will be the RFC 
   number of the CAPWAP protocol specification. 

   RFC Editor, please make the following changes:
 
   1. Place either in or immediately following the "Status of this Memo"
   section of the finished RFC the IESG note below

   2. Add the note 'Obsoleted by RFC xxxx' on the front page, where xxxx

   will be the RFC number of the CAPWAP protocol specification.

   3. Replace obsolete normative reference: RFC 1750 by RFC 4086

IESG Note

  In conformance with RFC 3932, Section 4, the IESG requests the
  publication of the following note:

  "This RFC documents the LWAPP protocol as it was when submitted to
  the IETF as a basis for further work in the CAPWAP WG, and therefore
  it may resemble the CAPWAP protocol specification (RFC XXXX), as well
  as other current IETF work in progress or published IETF work.
  This RFC is being published solely for the historical record. The
  protocol described in this RFC has not been thoroughly reviewed and
may
  contain errors and omissions. 

  RFC XXXX documents the standards track solution for the CAPWAP
  Working Group and obsoletes any and all mechanisms defined in this
RFC.
  This RFC itself is not a candidate for any level of Internet
  Standard and should not be used as a basis for any sort of deployment
  in the Internet.

  The IETF disclaims any knowledge of the fitness of this
  RFC for any purpose, and in particular notes that it has not had
  complete IETF review for such things as security, congestion control,
  or inappropriate interaction with deployed protocols.  The RFC Editor
  has chosen to publish this document at its discretion."

IANA Note

   As this document is not a candidate for standardization or deployment
   in the Internet, IANA is not required to take any action.

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap