Subject: [Capwap] ChangeStatePendingTimer clarification

From: "Smitha Smitha (ssmitha)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2007 08:22:07 +0530

The definition for ChangeStatePendingTimer is as given below:
 
  The maximum time, in seconds, the AC will wait for the Change State
   Event Request from the WTP after having transmitted a successful
   Configuration Status Response message.  The default value is 25
   seconds
 
So - according to this ChangeStatePendingTimer is started after sending
configuration status response.
 
Transition from Join to Configure:
 
  AC:  This state transition occurs immediately after the AC
         transmits the Join Response message to the WTP.  If the AC
         receives the Configuration Status message from the WTP, the AC
         MUST transmit a Configuration Status Response message (see
         Section 8.3) to the WTP, and MAY include specific message
         elements to override the WTP's configuration.  The WTP also
         starts the ChangeStatePendingTimer timer (see Section 4.7).

This does not clarify when ChangeStatePendingTimer is started and also
no timer is started after sending a Join Response message to the WTP. If
the WTP never sends a Configuration Status message, AC will hold the
DTLS session. So, I think we should start the neighbor dead interval
timer after sending join response. That will solve the issue.
 
Thanks
Smitha
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap