Subject: [Capwap] FW: [IANA #151325] Application for User port-number: capwap-data (Assigned-5247)

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 3 May 2008 19:15:32 -0700

FYI 

-----Original Message-----
From: Pearl Liang via RT [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, May 02, 2008 9:08 AM
To: Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)
Subject: [IANA #151325] Application for User port-number: capwap-data
(Assigned-5247) 

Dear Pat Calhoun:

We have assigned the following user port number(s) with you as the point
of contact:

capwap-data     5247/udp   CAPWAP Data Protocol
#                          Pat Calhoun <pcalhoun&cisco.com> 01 May 2008

See: http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers

Please notify IANA if there is any change in contact information by
completing the following template:

http://www.iana.org/cgi-bin/mod_portno.pl

If you would like to list the document as the Contact, please include a
section in the draft to indicate the change.

This ticket [IANA #151325] is being considered resolved.

Best regards,

Pearl Liang
IANA 

***************************************************************
Internet Assigned Numbers Authority (IANA)
4676 Admiralty Way, Suite 330
Marina del Rey, California 90292

Voice: (310) 823-9358
FAX:   (310) 823-8649
email: [email-masked]
***************************************************************

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 09:33:01 -0400

Thanks, Pat!  I think we should get the document listed with IANA,  
although I'm not sure what it means to "include a section in the  
draft to indicate the change".  Do you?

Margaret

---

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2008 11:15:20 -0700

No, I do not, but will find out. My plan is to have an updated doc for
the 48 hour publication notice, which will include this information, the
issues you pointed out, and any additional editor and/or contibuting
author contact changes.

Let me know if you would prefer this to be published before.

PatC 

-----Original Message-----
From: Margaret Wasserman [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Sunday, May 04, 2008 6:33 AM
To: Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Capwap] FW: [IANA #151325] Application for User
port-number: capwap-data (Assigned-5247)

Thanks, Pat!  I think we should get the document listed with IANA,
although I'm not sure what it means to "include a section in the draft
to indicate the change".  Do you?

Margaret

On May 3, 2008, at 10:15 PM, Pat Calhoun (pacalhou) wrote:

> We have assigned the following user port number(s) with you as the 
> point of contact:
>
> If you would like to list the document as the Contact, please include 
> a section in the draft to indicate the change.
>

---

From: "David B. Nelson" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 20:38:33 -0400

Margaret Wasserman wrote:

> I think we should get the document listed with IANA,  
> draft to indicate the change".

If the document itself (i.e. RFC nnnn) contains any ongoing IANA 
considerations (e.g. assignment of further code points in a newly 
created registry) the RFC is listed as the controlling entity or 
"contact" for additional information.

Likewise, in terms of who "owns" this UDP port assignment, you can list 
the publised RFC as the "owner".