Subject: [Capwap] IPR alert on MIB drafts

From: "Mani, Mahalingam (Mani)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 13:48:50 -0600

On the basis of IETF71 discussions and questions; and subsequently the
question popped by the chair(s) on the list - we had adopted the MIB
drafts

draft-yangshi-capwap-802dot11-mib
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yangshi-capwap-802dot11-mib-0
2.txt> 

draft-yangshi-capwap-base-mib
<http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-yangshi-capwap-base-mib-02.tx
t> 

as WG items - given there were no objections to the call for adopting
them as WG items made on the list 3/14/08.[this tracked the rough
consensus recorded in

IETF71].

Since then the authors have apparently submitted to the IETF as WG items
and the drafts now in the process of being posted as such, I understand.

Since then I came to note, on 5/27, that there are two IPR disclosures
made on the aforementioned individual submissions by  H3C (one of the
editors has affiliation to it) - disclosure #s 946, 947:

2008-04-23

946

H3C Technology's Statement about IPR related to
draft-yangshi-capwap-802dot11-mib-02
<https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/946/>  

2008-04-23

947

H3C Technology's Statement about IPR related to
draft-yangshi-capwap-base-mib-02 <https://datatracker.ietf.org/ipr/947/>

It is not clear if the other two editors are aware of this either.

This is to let WG take note of these disclosures and also opine whether
that changes anyone's position in this WG regarding accepting these
drafts as WG items

(again - as it stands now and as stated above - the drafts are accepted
as WG items).

[This is in anticipation of the formality that these disclosures will
carry forward to the WG drafts when they get posted - given that the
draft semantics related to these disclosures will carry forward].

Regards,

-mani

=============

Mahalingam Mani

(408)321-4840 (w)

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "David Harrington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 16:19:02 -0400

Hi,
 
I notice that the editors' names are incorrectly printed on the first
page of the MIB drafts.
 
dbh

---

From: "Mani, Mahalingam (Mani)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2008 16:48:45 -0600

David,

Are you referring to the individual drafts?

-mani
-----Original Message-----
From: David Harrington [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Friday, May 30, 2008 1:19 PM
To: Mani, Mahalingam (Mani); 'capwap'
Subject: MIB drafts

Hi,

dbh