Subject: [Capwap] Issue 173: Inconsistency in enabling DTLSWait timer

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 11:36:09 -0700

There is an issue with the DTLSWait timer description in section 2.4.2.
The actual description in the state machine shows the DTLSWait timer
starting before the DTLSStart command is executed (state transition 3),
yet the text in 2.4.2 says that the timer is started when PeerAuthorize
event is received (state transition 5). 

The correct one is state transition 3.

PatC
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2008 14:07:57 -0700

All,

I have addressed the problem by changing the text in 2.4.2 to ensure
that it is consistent with the state machine:

<new text>
2.4.2.  DTLS Session Establishment

   The WTP, either through the Discovery process, or through pre-
   configuration, determines the AC to connect to.  The WTP uses the
   DTLSStart command to request that a secure connection be established
   to the selected AC.  Prior to initiation of the DTLS handshake, the
   WTP sets the WaitDTLS timer.  Upon invoking the DTLSStart or
   DTLSListen commands, the WTP and AC, respectively, set the WaitDTLS
   timer.  If the DTLSEstablished notification is not received prior to
   timer expiration, the DTLS session is aborted by issuing the
   DTLSAbortSession DTLS command.  This notification causes the CAPWAP
   module to transition to the Idle state.  Upon receiving a
   DTLSEstablished notification, the WaitDTLS timer is deactivated.
</new text> 

PatC
-----Original Message-----
From: Pat Calhoun (pacalhou) 
Sent: Monday, August 04, 2008 11:36 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Capwap] Issue 173: Inconsistency in enabling DTLSWait timer

PatC