Subject: [Capwap] I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-capwap-threat-analysis-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Aug 2008 13:30:01 -0700 (PDT)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Control And Provisioning of Wireless Access Points Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: CAPWAP Threat Analysis for IEEE 802.11 Deployments
	Author(s)	: S. Kelly, C. Clancy
	Filename	: draft-ietf-capwap-threat-analysis-03.txt
	Pages		: 34
	Date		: 2008-8-14
	
Early Wireless Local Area Network (WLAN) deployments feature a "fat"
   Access Point (AP) which serves as a stand-alone interface between the
   wired and wireless network segments.  However, this model raises
   scaling, mobility, and manageability issues, and the Control and
   Provisioning for Wireless Access Points (CAPWAP) protocol is meant to
   address these issues.  CAPWAP effectively splits the fat AP
   functionality into two network elements, and the communication
   channel between these components may traverse potentially hostile
   hops.  This document analyzes the security exposure resulting from
   the introduction of CAPWAP, and summarizes the associated security
   considerations for IEEE 802.11-based CAPWAP implementations and
   deployments.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-capwap-threat-analysis-03.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap