Subject: [Capwap] Length Mismatch in Returned Message Element

From: "Glenn Chagnot" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 08:05:12 -0500

Hi,

There seems to be a conflict between the field diagram and description in
section 4.6.35.  The diagram is:

      0                   1                   2                   3

      0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1

     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

     |    Reason     |    Length     |       Message Element...

     +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

The description of the Length field is:

   Length:   The length of the Message Element field, which MUST NOT

      exceed 65535 octets.

I'm not sure if the intent is to extend the length field to be two octets or
if the description should be amended.

Thanks,

Glenn

Glenn Chagnot

Chief Architect

VeriWave, Inc.

817-898-0369

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 13:32:15 -0700

I have modified the text to 255 and created issue 184 to track it. 
 
PatC

________________________________

From: Glenn Chagnot [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2008 6:05 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Capwap] Length Mismatch in Returned Message Element

Hi,

There seems to be a conflict between the field diagram and description
in section 4.6.35.  The diagram is:

      0                   1                   2                   3

      exceed 65535 octets.

I'm not sure if the intent is to extend the length field to be two
octets or if the description should be amended.

Thanks,

Glenn

Glenn Chagnot

Chief Architect

VeriWave, Inc.

817-898-0369