Subject: [Capwap] Issue 204: Need to specify what modes of discovery the AC MUST support

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 18:02:45 -0700

> > Section 3.3., paragraph 5:
> >    WTP use of a limited IP broadcast, multicast or unicast IP
address is
> >    implementation dependent.
> 
>   Since no recommendation or requirement is made for the WTP to always
>   use at least one of these option (the text basically says "MUST do
one
>   of the three"), does that mean that the AC needs to always listen
for
>   Discovery Requests by all three means? If not, discovery between
>   components from different vendors may fail.

That is a valid point, and I recommend adding a new sentence to the
paragraph:

<new sentence>
ACs, on the other hand, MUST support broadcast, multicast and unicast
discovery.
</new sentence>

PatC
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap