Subject: [Capwap] TC question in the MIBs

From: young <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 09:37:28 +0800

HI, 

Yong joined the MIB works, and became co-editors of MIB drafts. 

We have done lots of improvement work these days.

We have some questions and hope mailing list could give some suggestion.

I will send separated email about each question in the mailing list.

Kindly give your response.

Now, most TCs have the following problem:

1. smilint complains about: 

mibs/CAPWAP-MIB:314: [5] {identifier-case-match} warning: identifier

`capwapWTPId' differs from `CapwapWTPId' only in case

* CapwapWTPId is an example.

Now, there are two methods here. 

a)       Rename object

In the new version of Base MIB draft, we intend to use capwapBase as prefix
to MIB

Objects. We could keep current TC " CapwapWTPId",and rename object
"capwapWtpId"

as "capwapBaseWtpId". 

The problem is: TC doesn't use CapwapBase as prefix, then TC and object will
use different prefix 

(except first character in the prefix)) whether this way is acceptable or
not?

b)       Rename object

TC "CapwapWTPId' is rename as CapwapBaseWTPId to follow prefix rule
mentioned above.

Object of capwapBaseWtpId is renamed as capwapBaseWtpObj.

If use this method, we have to ensure the name of object is good enough.

The new name is good ?

Please suggest which method is better or you have some other suggestion?

Regards

Richard

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "David Harrington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 10:14:48 +0300

>From RFC4181:
   - Names of TCs that are specific to the MIB module and names of
     SEQUENCE types that are used in conceptual table definitions
should
     start with a prefix Xxx that is the same as xxx but with the
     initial letter changed to uppercase.  OPT-IF-MIB uses the prefix
     OptIf on the names of TCs and SEQUENCE types.

So if you change the module name to CapwapBaseMib, then you should
name the TCs with the CapwapBase prefix.
Naming the Textual Convention with a TC suffix, CapwapBaseWTPIdTC,
should eliminate the warning. You might want to check the smilint
documentation to see if there is a recommended workaround.
 
dbh

  _____  

From: young [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, September 25, 2008 4:37 AM
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; 'Yong Zhang'
Subject: [Capwap] TC question in the MIBs

HI, 

We have some questions and hope mailing list could give some
suggestion.

a)       Rename object

In the new version of Base MIB draft, we intend to use capwapBase as
prefix to MIB

as "capwapBaseWtpId". 

The problem is: TC doesn't use CapwapBase as prefix, then TC and
object will use different prefix 

(except first character in the prefix)) whether this way is acceptable
or not?

b)       Rename object

If use this method, we have to ensure the name of object is good
enough.

The new name is good ?

Please suggest which method is better or you have some other
suggestion?

Regards

Richard