Subject: [Capwap] Editorial nit in the Abstract of draft-ietf-capwap-protocol-specification-12.txt

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 12:00:35 +0200

While preparing the ballot write-up for the IESG telechat for
draft-ietf-capwap-protocol-specification-12.txt I observed an editorial
nit in the Abstract section. 

   This specification defines the Control And Provisioning of Wireless
   Access Points (CAPWAP) Protocol.  The CAPWAP protocol meets the
   Objectives for Control and Provisioning of Wireless Access Points
   (CAPWAP).  The CAPWAP protocol is designed to be flexible, allowing
   it to be used for a variety of wireless technologies.  This document
   describes the base CAPWAP protocol, while separate binding extensions
   will enable its use with additional wireless technologies.

CAPWAP is expanded twice which seems unnecessary. 

Please correct this with the RFC Editor or in the next version of the
document if there will be one. 

Thanks and Regards,

Dan
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 06:42:25 -0700

Thanks Dan. The reason why it was stated in this manner is that it is
the title of RFC 4564. However, it does look strange, so I am proposing
changing the text to:

<proposed text>
   This specification defines the Control And Provisioning of Wireless
   Access Points (CAPWAP) Protocol, meeting the objectives defined by
   the CAPWAP working group in RFC 4564.  The CAPWAP protocol is
   designed to be flexible, allowing it to be used for a variety of
   wireless technologies.  This document describes the base CAPWAP
   protocol, while separate binding extensions will enable its use with
   additional wireless technologies.
</proposed text>

Created issue 195 to track this.

PatC
-----Original Message-----
From: Romascanu, Dan (Dan) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 3:01 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Capwap] Editorial nit in the Abstract
ofdraft-ietf-capwap-protocol-specification-12.txt

Thanks and Regards,

Dan