Subject: [Capwap] Image Identifier Potential Issue

From: "Glenn Chagnot" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 2 Sep 2008 18:28:44 -0500

Hi Pat,

As I have been working my way through the CAPWAP Protocol Base -11 draft, I
found the encoding information for the Image Identifier a bit confusing.  In
addition to Pasi's earlier feedback that the length should be >= 5, I also
found the description of Data Length confusing.  The line that confuses me
states:

"Data Length:   Length of data field, with a maximum size of 65535."

In the description for the Data field, the statement is made:

"The length of this field is inferred from this message element's length
field."

It seems to me that the Data Length line does not belong in this description
at all, particularly since it is not shown in the message element diagram.
In other words, I think the message element should contain:

Type                        2 octets

Length                      2 octets

Vendor ID                   4 octets

Data                        1-1024 octets

 If it does belong in the description, then the diagram probably should be
updated and a description an update to the text is in order to clarify its
usage further.

Thanks!

Glenn

Glenn Chagnot

Chief Architect

VeriWave, Inc.

817-898-0369

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap