Subject: [Capwap] Issue 179: Change name of "AC Name with Index" to "AC Name with Priority"

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 11 Sep 2008 14:35:55 -0700

All,

Yong Zhang brought up the following to my attention on draft -12. I have
created issue 179 to track this, but I consider this a minor change - it
does not impact interoperability in any way.

> 2. You changed index to priority in the figure/description, but still
call it "AC Name with Index"
> 
> 4.6.5.  AC Name with Index
> 
>    The AC Name with Index message element is sent by the AC to the WTP
>    to configure preferred ACs.  The number of instances of this
message
>    element is equal to the number of ACs configured on the WTP.  The
WTP
>    also uses this message element to send its configuration to the AC.
> 
>       0                   1
>       0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5
>      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
>      |   Priority  |   AC Name...
>      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
> 
>    Type:   5 for AC Name with Index
> 
>    Length:   >= 2
> 
>    Priority:   A value between 1 and 255 specifying the priority order
>       of the preferred AC.  For instance, the value of one (1) is used
>       to set the primary AC, the value of two (2) is used to set the
>       secondary, etc.

Yes, I felt the name was OK, and a change was unnecessary. We can change
it, but I don't view that as critical. We can address this if we have a
chance before publication.

PatC
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 12 Sep 2008 15:48:35 -0700

Here is the new text:

<proposed text>
4.6.5.  AC Name with Priority

   The AC Name with Priority message element is sent by the AC to the
   WTP to configure preferred ACs.  The number of instances of this
   message element is equal to the number of ACs configured on the WTP.
   The WTP also uses this message element to send its configuration to
   the AC.

      0                   1

   Type:   5 for AC Name with Priority

   Length:   >= 2

   AC Name:   A variable length UTF-8 encoded string [RFC3629]
      containing the AC name, whose maximum size MUST NOT exceed 512
      bytes.
</proposed text> 

As well as any references to the message element across the spec.

PatC
-----Original Message-----
From: Pat Calhoun (pacalhou) 
Sent: Thursday, September 11, 2008 2:36 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Capwap] Issue 179: Change name of "AC Name with Index" to "AC
Namewith Priority"

All,

message
WTP

PatC