Subject: [Capwap] AC Timestamp Format for CAPWAP

From: "Glenn Chagnot" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Sep 2008 14:41:24 -0500

Hi,

The AC timestamp format in section 4.6.6 isn't particularly clear about the
units of the timestamp.  I have included the text from this section for
reference:

   Type:   6 for AC Timestamp

   Length:   4

   Timestamp:   The AC's current time, allowing all of the WTPs to be time
synchronized in the format defined by Network Time Protocol (NTP) in RFC
1305 [RFC1305].

The way I read the text, I think that the timestamps format should follow
the NTP format defined in RFC-1305.  The text from RFC-1305 states the
following with respect to timestamp formats:

"NTP timestamps are represented as a 64-bit unsigned fixed-point number, in
seconds relative to 0h on 1 January 1900. The integer part is in the first
32 bits and the fraction part in the last 32 bits."

The timestamp field defined in section 4.6.6 is only 4 octets long so cannot
include the above format.  If I am erroneously trying to apply the RFC-1305
format then please advise as to the units that should be used in the AC
timestamp field.

Thanks,

Glenn

Glenn Chagnot

Chief Architect

VeriWave, Inc.

817-898-0369

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap