Subject: [Capwap] Implementations of CAPWAP

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 12:43:58 +0200

WG chairs and participants,

A current question and criteria for approval in the IESG discussions is
the status of implementation of a protocol brought for approval. Can you
please provide even rough information about how many independent
'pre-standard' implementation are out there and in works? 

Thanks and Regards,

Dan
 
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 11:22:16 -0400

Hi Dan,

I am personally aware of three implementations of the CAPWAP base spec  
that support the EPCglobal DCI binding, at least two of which are  
completely independent.

During a WG meeting, there were three separate organizations that  
indicated their plans to implement the CAPWAP MIBs, which sort of  
implies that those three organizations have, or are working on, CAPWAP  
implementations.

Only one of the three organizations that spoke up about the MIB  
overlaps with one of the three companies that I know have implemented  
the EPCglobal DCI spec, so I believe that there are at last 4  
different companies implementing the CAPWAP base spec, at least two of  
which have entirely independent implementations.

Margaret

---

From: "Glenn Chagnot" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 10:49:08 -0500

Hi Dan,
  My company is currently looking into an implementation as well that is
independent of everyone else's.

  Thanks,
  Glenn

-----Original Message-----
From: Margaret Wasserman [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, September 17, 2008 10:22 AM
To: Romascanu, Dan (Dan)
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Capwap] Implementations of CAPWAP

Hi Dan,

Margaret