Subject: [Capwap] 4.6.25. Image Data still uses Opcode

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Sep 2008 10:23:42 -0700

All,

Yong has raised the following issue during WG Last Call. I have created
issue 196 to track it.

> "Opcode" has been changed to "Data Type", but the description still
has word "opcode".
> 
> 4.6.25.  Image Data
> 
>    The Image Data message element is present in the Image Data Request
>    message sent by the AC and contains the following fields.
> 
>       0                   1                   2                   3
>       0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
>      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
>      |   Data Type   |                    Data ....
>      +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
> 
>    Type:   24 for Image Data
> 
>    Length:   >= 1
> 
>    Data Type:   An 8-bit value representing the image Data Type.  The
>       following enumerated values are supported:
> 
>       1 -  Image data is included
> 
>       2 -  Last Image Data Block is included (EOF)
> 
>       5 -  An error occurred.  Transfer is aborted
> 
>    Data:   The Image Data field contains up to 1024 characters, and
its
>       length is inferred from this message element's length field.  If
>       the block being sent is the last one, the Opcode is set to 2.
The
>       AC MAY opt to abort the data transfer by setting the Opcode to
5.
>       When the Opcode is 5, the Value field has a zero length.

Yes, this needs to be corrected. I am therefore proposing changing the
Data field
Description to:

<proposed text>
4.6.25.  Image Data
[...]
   Data:   The Image Data field contains up to 1024 characters, and its
      length is inferred from this message element's length field.  If
      the block being sent is the last one, the Data Type field is set
      to 2.  The AC MAY opt to abort the data transfer by setting the
      Data Type field to 5.  When the Data Type field is 5, the Value
      field has a zero length.
</proposed text>

PatC
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap