Subject: [Capwap] Issue 212: Missing message element values

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 08:48:56 -0700

All,

The following issue was raised during the IESG Review:

> Section 4.6:
> 
> What about type values 0, 65025-65535? What are they and should one 
> care about them at all?

Hmmm..... I actually have no idea why the numbers stop at 65024. There
is no technical reason, however the value zero (0) is reserved and MUST
NOT be used. I am therefore proposing the following text:

<proposed text>
   The 16 bit Type field identifies the information carried in the Value
   field and Length (16 bits) indicates the number of bytes in the Value
   field.  The value of zero (0) is reserved and MUST NOT be used.  The
   rest of the Type field values are allocated as follows:

              Usage                              Type Values

   CAPWAP Protocol Message Elements                   1 - 1023
   IEEE 802.11 Message Elements                    1024 - 2047
   Reserved for Future Use                         2048 - 3071
   EPCGlobal Message Elements                      3072 - 4095
   Reserved for Future Use                         4096 - 65535
</proposed text>

PatC
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap