Subject: [Capwap] Issue 202: Need to specify scope of IPv6 multicast address

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Sep 2008 09:40:09 -0700

> * It is not clear what the required scope of the IPv6 All ACs
multicast 
address is. This needs to be clarified in the 
> IANA considerations.

This is a valid comment. Based on my reading of the allocation policies,
I 
believe that the variable scope is the best approach for the CAPWAP 
specification. I have created issue 202 to track this. Therefore I have 
updated to text to now read:

<updated text>
15.1.  Multicast Address

   This document requires a new organization local multicast address
   called the "All ACs multicast address" from the Variable Scope IPv6
   multicast address registry [to be removed upon publication
   http://www.iana.org/assignments/ipv6-multicast-addresses].  The new
   multicast address is to be inserted in Section 3.3.
</updated text>

PatC
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap