Subject: [Capwap] Issue 213: Need to strengthen IPv4/UDP-Lite statement

From: "Pat Calhoun (pacalhou)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 25 Sep 2008 08:50:36 -0700

All,

The following was raised during IESG Review:

> Secton 4.6.14:
> 
> "Note that this option is illegal is
>          either the WTP or the AC uses IPv4."
>         
> In addition to the is/if misstake it isn't really illegal but not
defined?

Umm... Yes, it is not defined in the CAPWAP spec, and that's what I
meant by illegal. Since this message element is used to negotiate the
data channel, it is fair to assume that the control and data channels
will use the same IP version (v4 vs. v6). Therefore, Ithink we can
strengthen the language to:

<proposed text>
4.6.14.  CAPWAP Transport Protocol
[...]
      1 -  UDP-Lite: The UDP-Lite transport protocol is to be used for
         the CAPWAP data channel.  Note that this option MUST NOT be
         used if the CAPWAP control channel is being used over IPv4.
</proposed text>
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap