Subject: [Capwap] tsv-dir review of draft-ietf-capwap-protocol-specification-13.txt

From: David Borman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 24 Sep 2008 15:27:45 -0500

I've reviewed this document as part of the transport area  
directorate's ongoing effort to review key IETF documents. These  
comments were written primarily for the transport area directors, but  
are copied to the document's authors for their information and to  
allow them to address any issues raised. The authors should consider  
this review together with any other last-call comments they receive.  
Please always CC tsv-dir@… if you reply to or forward this review.

This document was originally reviewed for transport issues in 2007,  
and a TSV directorate presentation was made to the CAPWAP WG during  
the Chicago IETF meeting.  At that time, five main issues were brought  
up.  While reviewing the current version of the document, I looked  
specifically for these five topics.  I am satisfied that they have all  
been addressed.  Specifically:

     "3. CAPWAP Transport"
	This section addresses 1) UDP checksum and 2) PMTU discovery concerns.

     "11. NAT Considerations"
	This section addresses the issues of 3) NAT Traversal

     "14.  Transport Considerations"
	This section addresses 4) congestion control, as well as the
	5) performance of the lock-step protocol.

I also did not see any new transport related issues in the current  
CAPWAP specification, so from the viewpoint of transport  
considerations, I believe that this document is ready for publication.

		-David Borman, for the Transport Directorate
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap