Subject: [Capwap] Protocol Action: 'CAPWAP Protocol Binding for IEEE 802.11' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Nov 2008 07:14:42 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'CAPWAP Protocol Binding for IEEE 802.11 '
   <draft-ietf-capwap-protocol-binding-ieee80211-12.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Control And Provisioning of Wireless 
Access Points Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Dan Romascanu and Ron Bonica.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-capwap-protocol-binding-ieee80211-12.txt

Technical Summary

   The Control And Provisioning of Wireless Access Points (CAPWAP) 
   Protocol defines an extensible protocol to allow an Access Controller 
   to manage wireless agnostic Wireless Termination Points.  The CAPWAP 
   protocol itself does not include any specific wireless technologies, 
   but instead relies on binding specification to extend the technology 
   to a particular wireless technology.

   This specification defines the Control And Provisioning of Wireless
   Access Points (CAPWAP) Protocol Binding Specification for use with
   the IEEE 802.11 Wireless Local Area Network protocol.  

Working Group Summary

   This document has gone throught several review and internal WG
   discussion. This document has solid consensus and agreement by the WG.

Document Quality

   A number of pre-standard implementations are known. The document was 
   extensively reviewed in the Working Group and also by IEEE 802.11. 

Personnel

   Dorothy Gellert is the PROTO shepherd. Dan Romascanu is the 
   shepherding AD.

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap