Subject: [Capwap] 答复: Kindly let me how to do

From: young <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Feb 2009 09:01:21 +0800

Hi, Thanks David and mani.

         To mani:  If  it  does not require to long time to have 1.34
version, I would publish new version after that.

          Any way, I could send mail in the mailing list about changes made
for new version before publish.

         Regards

         Richard

发件人: Mani, Mahalingam (Mani) [mailto:[email-masked]] 
发送时间: 2009年2月20日 1:59
收件人: [email-masked]
主题: FW: Kindly let me how to do

Richard.

I will let you know once we receive notification about xml2rfc being fixed.
You can also monitor it at:

http://xml.resource.org/

current version is 1.33; once it says something about having Trust related
statement for Feb 2009 and shows a version higher than 1.34 – then you know
(check with me anyway).

-mani

  _____  

From: David Harrington [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2009 9:41 AM
To: 'Richard'
Cc: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [Capwap] Kindly let me how to do

Hi Richard,

XML2RFC is not yet ready with support for updated RFC5378 compatibility. The
developers are working hard on it, and it should be done within a few days.
I hope there will be an announcement made to the chairs, so they can tell
their editors that it is ready.

I am also waiting for this fix for my documents.

dbh

  _____  

From: Richard [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2009 10:11 AM
To: David Harrington
Cc: [email-masked]
Subject: Kindly let me how to do

Dear David:

I use idnits to check the MIB file. It used to be OK, but it have the
following output about boilerplate this time.

I guess it may be related to  ipr="full3978" in the XML source file.

<rfc category="std" docName="draft-ietf-capwap-base-mib-04" ipr="full3978">

I tried to use "full5378", while it could not work.

Kindly let me know how to do?

The attached is the source file for MIB.

Regards

Richard

 Showing Errors (**), Warnings (==), and Comments (--).
  Errors MUST be fixed before draft submission.

  Checking boilerplate required by RFC 5378 and the IETF Trust (see
  http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info):
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

  ** It looks like you're using RFC 3978 boilerplate.  You should update
this
     to the boilerplate described in the IETF Trust License Policy document
     (see http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info), which is required from
     December 16, 2008.  Version 1.34 of xml2rfc can be used to produce
     documents with boilerplate according to the mentioned Trust License
     Policy document.

  -- Found old boilerplate from RFC 3978 Section 5.1 on line 20.

     The obsolete RFC 3978 Section 5.1 text:
     "By submitting this Internet-Draft, each author represents that any
      applicable patent or other IPR claims of which he or she is aware
      have been or will be disclosed, and any of which he or she becomes
      aware will be disclosed, in accordance with Section 6 of BCP 79."

  -- Found old boilerplate from RFC 3978 Section 5.5 updated by RFC 4748 on
     line 3319.

     The obsolete RFC 3978 Section 5.5 updated by RFC 4748 text:
     "This document and the information contained herein are provided on an
      "AS IS" basis and THE CONTRIBUTOR, THE ORGANIZATION HE/SHE
      REPRESENTS OR IS SPONSORED BY (IF ANY), THE INTERNET SOCIETY, THE
      IETF TRUST AND THE INTERNET ENGINEERING TASK FORCE DISCLAIM ALL
      WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO ANY
      WARRANTY THAT THE USE OF THE INFORMATION HEREIN WILL NOT INFRINGE
      ANY RIGHTS OR ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS
      FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE."

  -- Found old boilerplate from RFC 3979 Section 5 paragraph 1 on line 3330.

     The obsolete RFC 3979 Section 5 paragraph 1 text:
     "The IETF takes no position regarding the validity or scope of any
      Intellectual Property Rights or other rights that might be claimed
      to pertain to the implementation or use of the technology described
      in this document or the extent to which any license under such
      rights might or might not be available; nor does it represent that
      it has made any independent effort to identify any such rights. 
      Information on the procedures with respect to rights in RFC
      documents can be found in BCP 78 and BCP 79."

  -- Found old boilerplate from RFC 3979 Section 5 paragraph 2 on line 3337.

     The obsolete RFC 3979 Section 5 paragraph 2 text:
     "Copies of IPR disclosures made to the IETF Secretariat and any
      assurances of licenses to be made available, or the result of an
      attempt made to obtain a general license or permission for the use
      of such proprietary rights by implementers or users of this
      specification can be obtained from the IETF on-line IPR repository
      at http://www.ietf.org/ipr."

  -- Found old boilerplate from RFC 3979 Section 5 paragraph 3 on line 3343.

     The obsolete RFC 3979 Section 5 paragraph 3 text:
     "The IETF invites any interested party to bring to its attention any
      copyrights, patents or patent applications, or other proprietary
      rights that may cover technology that may be required to implement
      this standard.  Please address the information to the IETF at
      [email-masked]."

  ** The document seems to lack an RFC 3978 Section 5.4 (updated by RFC
4748)
     Copyright Line. 

     RFC 3978 Section 5.4 paragraph 1 updated by RFC 4748 text:
     "Copyright (C) The IETF Trust (<year>)."

  Checking nits according to http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.txt:
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

     No issues found here.

  Running in submission checking mode -- *not* checking nits according to
  http://www.ietf.org/ID-Checklist.html.
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------

     Summary: 2 errors (**), 0 warnings (==), 5 comments (--).

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: David Harrington <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 2009 14:23:23 -0500

Hi, the 134 version is now available.
You want the experimental version avaibale at xml.resource.org
 
dbh

  _____  

From: young [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Thursday, February 19, 2009 8:01 PM
To: 'Mani, Mahalingam (Mani)'; [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked]; 'Yong Zhang'
Subject: 答复: Kindly let me how to do

         To mani:  If  it  does not require to long time to have 1.34 version, I would publish new version after that.

          Any way, I could send mail in the mailing list about changes made for new version before publish.

         Regards

         Richard

Richard.

I will let you know once we receive notification about xml2rfc being fixed. You can also monitor it at:

http://xml.resource.org/

current version is 1.33; once it says something about having Trust related statement for Feb 2009 and shows a version higher than 1.34 – then you know (check with me anyway).

-mani

  _____  

Hi Richard,

XML2RFC is not yet ready with support for updated RFC5378 compatibility. The developers are working hard on it, and it should be done within a few days. I hope there will be an announcement made to the chairs, so they can tell their editors that it is ready.

dbh

  _____  

Dear David:

I use idnits to check the MIB file. It used to be OK, but it have the following output about boilerplate this time.

Regards

Richard

  ** It looks like you're using RFC 3978 boilerplate.  You should update this

  ** The document seems to lack an RFC 3978 Section 5.4 (updated by RFC 4748)
     Copyright Line. 

     No issues found here.