Subject: [Capwap] A new function of Wtp template configurtion for base MIB

From: young <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2009 17:26:42 +0800

Hi, 

As editors of WG drafts, we should avoid a big change during current WGLC 
phase when drafts already became stable and closed most issues found by WG.

However, I thought there is one function for Base MIB we should let WG 
aware of and decide whether we should add it in the next version of drafts.
Base MIB could work without this function.
Kindly give your opinion.

The background of this new function:
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////
Current Base MIB does not explain how to create  "Virtual radio interface ",

while it will maintain mapping relationship between PHY radio and Virtual 
radio by capwapBaseWirelessBindingTable. 
We wants leave the function such as  "Virtual radio interface " creation to 
vendors' private MIB implementation.
Another limit is: Operator could ONLY change configuration for Wtp in run
status. 
Operator could not prepare configuration for WTPs before they connects to
AC.
In summary, new function would support:
a) Let operator to prepare configuration for WTPs before they connects to
AC.
b) Could trigger system to create  "Virtual radio interface ", and NOT
depend on
vendor private MIB.

The basic logic of new change:
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
We should add one table CapwapBaseWtpTemplateTable (or say we should divide
current 
capwapBaseWtpTable into capwapBaseWtpTable and new
CapwapBaseWtpTemplateTable)
In the text, CapwapBaseWtpTemplateTable corresponds to Wtp template
conception, 
and a Wtp template contains a several configuration parameters such as Wtp
name, 
serial id, static Ip, fallback and so on.
CapwapBaseWtpTemplateTable would let user to prepare configuration for each 
WTPs before Wtps connect to AC. 
CapwapBaseWtpTemplateTable could let operator specify a Wtp's serial id.
When Wtp discover, join AC, it could carry WTP serial Id, so AC are able to 
match the configuration of a Wtp template with a specific Wtp device.
 
The design of CapwapBaseWtpTemplateTable:
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
///////////////////////////////////
CapwapBaseWtpTemplateEntry ::= SEQUENCE
    {
        capwapBaseWtpTemplateId                  Unsigned32,
        capwapBaseWtpTemplateName                OCTET STRING, 
        capwapBaseWtpTemplateWtpSerialId         OCTET STRING,
        capwapBaseWtpTemplateWtpModelNum         OCTET STRING,
        capwapBaseWtpTemplateWtpName             OCTET STRING,
      //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
        Here lot of objects would be moved to here from capwapBaseWtpTable
    
        capwapBaseWtpTemplateRowStatus        RowStatus
    }
    
    The key point of table design is:
    a) capwapBaseWtpTemplateId is index of table
    b) capwapBaseWtpTemplateName gives a name for each Wtp template.
    c) capwapBaseWtpTemplateWtpSerialId
     CAPWAP msg would carry WTP serial Id, so AC are able to 
     match the configuration of a Wtp template with a specific Wtp device.
    d) capwapBaseWtpTemplateWtpModelNum
    As per 4.6.40. of RFC5415, WTP Model Number could be carried
    in the CAPWAP message. Operator would specify it in the configuration 
    of a Wtp template. 
    As a PHY radio number is pre-decided by WTP Model Number, 
    when a row object is created, it will trigger system to create 
    specific number of "Virtual Radio Interface" according to 
    capwapBaseWtpTemplateWtpModelNum.
    capwapBaseWirelessBindingTable will offer the mapping relationship
    between "Virtual Radio Interface" and PHY radio.
    e) Other configuration such as capwapBaseWtpTemplateWtpName would be
     added
 
The influnce to current MIB objects.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////    
1) Influnce to capwapBaseWtpTable
At present, capwapBaseWtpTable is to let operator query Wtp property and do 
configuration for Wtp in run status. 
When we have capwapBaseWtpTemplateEntry, the capwapBaseWtpTable should Only
let 
operator query Wtp property (such as capwapBaseWtpRetransmitCount) when Wtp
 in run status.
 The objects(such as capwapBaseWtpStaticIp)for configuration function
 should be removed to capwapBaseWtpTemplateEntry.
 
2) Influnce to CapwapBaseWtpStateTable
To help operator to query a Wtp 's current configuration, 
capwapBaseWtpTable should add a new object which keep current Wtp template
Id.

3) Influnce to capwapBaseWirelessBindingEntry

    INDEX { 
      capwapBaseWtpStateWtpId, 
      capwapBaseWirelessBindingRadioId 
    }
    with be changed with 
      INDEX { 
      capwapBaseWtpTemplateId, 
      ////// The Wtp template Id. (the index of CapwapBaseWtpTemplateEntry)
      capwapBaseWirelessBindingRadioId (no change)
    }
    The reason of change is: The creation of Virtual radio interface is
triggered by 
    operation on the CapwapBaseWtpTemplateTable.
  
4) The influnce to Dot11 MIB. It only requires to update the Example
section.

Regards
Richard

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap