Subject: [Capwap] 答复: Capwap Digest, Vol 40, Issue 15

From: young <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 02:02:36 -0800

Hi,

To close #3 “Suggest Let Base MIB to Support a WTP Profile Function”,
it is NOT required to add a new table capwapBaseWtpModelTable any more. All
the changes for it is keep same as discussion during IETF 74 meeting.

I put the text in the example section as followed to explain how to
Do without capwapBaseWtpModelTable added.
Please give your opinion.
   
2) Query the ifIndexes of WTP Virtual Radio Interfaces

   Before operator configures parameters for PHY radios, he should query
   and get the ifIndexes of WTP Virtual Radio Interfaces which
   correspond to the PHY radios.

   As CapwapBaseWirelessBindingTable already stores the mapping relation
   between PHY radio (Radio ID) and the ifIndex of WTP Virtual Radio
   Interface, operator are able to query the table and get the ifIndex
   of each WTP Virtual Radio Interface on a WTP.  The query operation
   should be in a loop by trying different value of the Radio ID (from 1
   to 31 according to [RFC5415]), till a invalid value (0) of the
   ifIndex is returned.

   In this example, operator firstly use capwapBaseWtpProfileId = 1 and
   capwapBaseWirelessBindingRadioId = 1, as input to query the
   CapwapBaseWirelessBindingTable, he get
   capwapBaseWirelessBindingVirtualRadioIfIndex = 10. then use
   capwapBaseWtpProfileId = 1 and capwapBaseWirelessBindingRadioId = 2,
   and get a invalid value (0) of the ifIndex, so the loop of query
   would be over.  By this way, Operator gets not only the ifIndexes of
   WTP Virtual Radio Interfaces, but also the number of PHY radio.
   Also, operator should check whether capwapBaseWirelessBindingType is
   the binding type he intends to use.
   Now, it is time to configure the wireless binding parameters.

Regards
Richard

-----邮件原件-----
发件人: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
发送时间: 2009年3月30日 5:26
收件人: [email-masked]
主题: Capwap Digest, Vol 40, Issue 15

Send Capwap mailing list submissions to
	[email-masked]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
	http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
	[email-masked]

You can reach the person managing the list at
	[email-masked]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Capwap digest..."

Today's Topics:

   1. I put the text to close issue #2 (young)
   2. I put the text to close #3 (young)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 02:29:59 -0800
From: young <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Capwap] I put the text to close issue #2
To: [email-masked]
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=gb2312

Hi,

As per discussion in the IETF 74th meeting, the change for #2 is done.
#2 Dot11 MIB should add a new Terminology  WLAN Profile (Richard)
I put the text here, kindly give your opinion.

1) In the overview section, it explains the WLAN profile:
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////
5.  Overview

5.1.  WLAN Profile

   It is a configuration profile which includes several parameters such
   as MAC type and tunnel mode, and each profile is identified by a
   profile ID.  In other words, WLAN profile is configuration for WLAN.
   The operator creates WLAN profiles before WTPs connect to the AC.
   Also, operator could specify which profiles is set on which radio of
   a specific WTP.  Such profiles set operation is also called as WLAN
   profile binding radio operation.  When this binding operation
   happened, the AC system MUST check what's unused WLAN ID could be
   allocated, and ensure the value of it is between one (1) and 16
   [RFC5416].  For example, for a specific radio, if it is already
   allocated with WLAN ID 8, when it binds with one more profile, WLAN
   ID 9 should be assigned to it.  For the radio to bind, it is a WTP
   Virtual Radio Interface and identified by the ifIndex.  The PHY
   address for this interface is be base BSSID address for PHY radio.
   Although maximum value of WLAN ID is 16, the AC could configure WLAN
   Profiles more than 16.

   In summary, WLAN Profile is a WLAN configuration on the AC side, and
   it takes effect for a WLAN when operator binds profile with a radio
   on the specific WTP, and WTP get it by CAPWAP Protocol Binding for
   IEEE 802.11 [RFC5416].

2) The example section 8 is updated:
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////
I would talk about it in the email for #3 Suggest Let Base MIB to Support a
WTP Profile Function

3) add new TC CapwapDot11WlanIdProfileTC
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////
CapwapDot11WlanIdTC ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
    DISPLAY-HINT "d"
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
        "Represents an unique identifier of a WLAN."
    SYNTAX      Unsigned32 (1..16)
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////
CapwapDot11WlanIdTC was changed back to previous design (Unsigned32 (1..16))

CapwapDot11WlanIdProfileTC ::= TEXTUAL-CONVENTION
    DISPLAY-HINT "d"
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
        "Represents an unique identifier of a WLAN profile."
    SYNTAX      Unsigned32 (1..512)

For the table design, there are no too much changes. 
Main changes are to add support for "WLAN profile". And updated
The description of MIB objects.

4) Change of the capwapDot11WlanTable
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The description is changed with:
capwapDot11WlanTable OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      SEQUENCE OF CapwapDot11WlanEntry
    MAX-ACCESS  not-accessible
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
        "A table of objects that display and configure WLAN profiles.
         It allows operator to specify MAC type and tunnel mode
         for a WLAN. Also, it helps the AC system to configure WLAN
         through the IEEE 802.11 MIB module.
         Values of all objects in this table are persistent at
         restart/reboot."
    ::= { capwapDot11Objects 1 }

Use capwapDot11WlanProfileId to replace the previous WLAN ID here.
CapwapDot11WlanEntry ::=
    SEQUENCE {
      capwapDot11WlanProfileId          CapwapDot11WlanIdProfileTC,
      capwapDot11WlanProfileIfIndex     InterfaceIndex,
      capwapDot11WlanMacType            CapwapBaseMacTypeTC,
      capwapDot11WlanTunnelMode         CapwapBaseTunnelModeTC,
      capwapDot11WlanRowStatus          RowStatus
    }
The description of capwapDot11WlanProfileId (newly added) and
capwapDot11WlanProfileIfIndex are changed with:    
capwapDot11WlanProfileId OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      CapwapDot11WlanIdProfileTC
    MAX-ACCESS  not-accessible
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
        "Represents the ID for a WLAN profile which has a
         capwapDot11WlanProfileIfIndex interface corresponding to it."
    ::= { capwapDot11WlanEntry 1 }

capwapDot11WlanProfileIfIndex OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      InterfaceIndex
    MAX-ACCESS  read-only
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
        "Represents the index value that uniquely identifies a
         WLAN Profile Interface. The interface identified by a
         particular value of this index is the same interface as
         identified by the same value of the ifIndex.
         The creation operation of a row object on the
         capwapDot11WlanTable triggers the AC system to create an
         WLAN Profile Interface and it is identified by the ifIndex.
         It does not require operator to manually create
         a WLAN Profile Interface.
         As most MIB tables in the IEEE 802.11 MIB module
         [IEEE.802-11.2007] use the ifIndex to identify an interface
         for configuration and statistic data, for example,
         dot11AuthenticationAlgorithmsTable, with the way of
         WLAN Profile Interface, Operator could do configuration for
         WLAN by using IEEE 802.11 MIB module. For example, operator
         could specify authentication algorithm by set
         dot11AuthenticationAlgorithm object in the
         dot11AuthenticationAlgorithmsTable."
    ::= { capwapDot11WlanEntry 2 }

5) Change of the capwapDot11WlanBindTable
///////////////////////////////////////////////////////
The description of table is updated:
capwapDot11WlanBindTable OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      SEQUENCE OF CapwapDot11WlanBindEntry
    MAX-ACCESS  not-accessible
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
        "A table of objects that configure which WLAN profile
         (identified by capwapDot11WlanProfileId) binds
         which radio. For the radio to bind, it is a WTP Virtual Radio
         Interface and identified by the ifIndex.
         Also, display and control the mapping relationship between
         WLAN ID and WLAN BSS Interface.
         Values of all objects in this table are persistent at
         restart/reboot."
    REFERENCE
        "Section 6.1. of CAPWAP Protocol Binding for IEEE 802.11,
         RFC 5416."
    ::= { capwapDot11Objects 2 }

For Index of table, use capwapDot11WlanProfileId to replace the previous
WLAN ID.

CapwapDot11WlanBindEntry ::=
    SEQUENCE {
      capwapDot11WlanBindWlanId        CapwapDot11WlanIdTC,
      capwapDot11WlanBindBssIfIndex    InterfaceIndex,
      capwapDot11WlanBindRowStatus     RowStatus
    }

Update description of capwapDot11WlanBindWlanId:
capwapDot11WlanBindWlanId OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      CapwapDot11WlanIdTC
    MAX-ACCESS  read-only
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
        "Represents the WLAN ID for a WLAN.
         When binding operation happened for a WLAN profile,
         the AC system MUST check what's unused WLAN ID could be
         allocated, and ensure the value of it is
         between one (1) and 16 [RFC5416].
         For example, for a specific radio, if it is already allocated
         with WLAN ID 8, when it binds with one more profile, WLAN ID
         9 should be assigned to it."
    REFERENCE
        "Section 6.1. of CAPWAP Protocol Binding for IEEE 802.11,
         RFC xxx."
    ::= { capwapDot11WlanBindEntry 1 }

Regards
Richard

-----????-----
???: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] 
????: 2009?3?26? 8:34
???: [email-masked]
??: Capwap Digest, Vol 40, Issue 11

Send Capwap mailing list submissions to
	[email-masked]

To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
	http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap
or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
	[email-masked]

You can reach the person managing the list at
	[email-masked]

When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
than "Re: Contents of Capwap digest..."

Today's Topics:

   1. #2 Dot11 MIB should add a new Terminology  WLAN Profile (Richard)
   2. #3 Suggest Let Base MIB to Support a WTP Profile Function
      (Richard)

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Message: 1
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 22:55:43 +0800
From: Richard <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Capwap] #2 Dot11 MIB should add a new Terminology  WLAN
	Profile
To: [email-masked]
Cc: Yong Zhang <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312"

Hi,

This is second open issue we would discuss during IETF 74 meeting.

#2 Dot11 MIB should add a new Terminology  ?WLAN Profile

Why is it required?
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
/////////////////////
The issues were found by Editors.
In the Dot11 MIB 03, we changed the value scope
of capwapDot11WlanId from (1..16) to (1..512) as AC side could
Configure WLAN Service more than 16 (capwapDot11WlanTable).
But for the operation of  WLAN Id binding to
Radio (capwapDot11WlanBindTable), it would conflict
with RFC5416,  as it specify the value scope of WLAN id is 1 to 16.

How to close it?
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
/////////////////////
In the section ?Overview?? of new version , we should
bring forward a new terminology ?WLAN Profile?,
which is a configuration profile which includes several
parameters such as MAC Mode.  The value scope of profile?s
Id is 1 to 512. Also, it should explain
the relationship between WLAN Profile Id and WLAN ID.

For MIB table, Current WLAN ID object in the
table capwapDot11WlanTable  should be replaced with
WLAN Profile Id.
and capwapDot11WlanBindTable should add a WLAN Profile Id
Object.

System behavior would be:
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
/////////////////////
Suppose WLAN Profile Id configured is 32 (more than 16),
when bind it with a radio (CapwapDot11WlanEntry),
system internally should check what WLAN id
should be allocated and assign an unused value to
capwapDot11WlanBindWlanId.

For example, for a specific radio,  if it is already allocated
WLAN id 8, when new configuration WLAN Profile Id 32 is set,
WLAN id 9 should be assigned to this new configured WLAN on
This WTP's radio.

Regards
Richard

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap/attachments/20090326/389bff2a/att
achment.htm 

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 00:34:00 +0800
From: Richard <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Capwap] #3 Suggest Let Base MIB to Support a WTP Profile
	Function
To: [email-masked]
Cc: young <[email-masked]>, Yong Zhang <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312"

Hi,

This is #3 open issue we would discuss during IETF 74 meeting.
#3 Suggest Let Base MIB to Support a WTP Profile Function

The background of this new function
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////
In the current MIB MIB, operator could not prepare configuration
for WTPs before they connect to AC.
It only lets Operator to change configuration for WTP in run status.
It does not explain how to create  "Virtual radio interface ?.

In summary, We used to want to leave the following functions
to vendors' private MIB implementation:
1) Allow operator to prepare configuration for WTPs before
      they connect to AC
2) To trigger system to create  "Virtual radio interface ? during 1)

If we don?t have this function?
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////
Current MIB draft could work without it, while it would
has the following issues:
1) Private MIB implementation for it would lead to Interpretability  
Issues.
2) MIB design would be Not fully consistent with CAPWAP protocol as
  latter has very strong configuration function.

What is a WTP Profile?
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////
It is a profile which includes several Configuration parameters
such as static IP for a specific WTP, and operator Creates it
before a specific WTP connects to AC.

WTP Profile
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////
As CAPWAP Msg would carry It has serial number and
the serial number of WTP,
so system could match a WTP profile with a WTP

The design of MIB objects for WTP Profile
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////
CapwapBaseWtpProfileEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
       capwapBaseWtpProfileId                    Unsigned32,
       capwapBaseWtpProfileName                  OCTET STRING,
       capwapBaseWtpProfileWtpSerialId           OCTET STRING,
       capwapBaseWtpProfileWtpModeNum            OCTET STRING,
      ////////////////////////////////////////////
       Here lots of objects would be moved to here from
       current capwapWtpTable.
       capwapBaseWtpProfileRowStatus             RowStatus
     }

The MIB objects for static IP configuration and so on
would be moved to here from CapwapBaseWtpTable.

capwapBaseWtpProfileWtpModelNum:
   Operator would specify Model Number(RFC5415) of a WTP
  in  the  configuration of a Wtp profile.
   As a PHY radio number is pre-decided by WTP Model Number, when a
   row object is created, it will trigger system to create specific  
number
   of  "Virtual Radio Interface" according to
   capwapBaseWtpProfileWtpModelNum.
   Current capwapBaseWirelessBindingTable will offer the
    mapping relationship between "Virtual Radio Interface"
    and PHY radio.
(The above process is during the configuration phase, and before  WTP  
connect to AC)

How WTP Profile is to be used?
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////
1) Operator uses CapwapWtpProfileTable to create WTP profile for WTPs  
to manage before
2) WTP connect to AC, and it would trigger system to create ?Virtual  
Radio Interface?.
Operator Get ifIndex of ?Virtual Radio Interface? from  
capwapBaseWirelessBindingTable,
then operate IEEE 802.11 MIB Module to configure
WLAN radio  parameter

All the process Will be done Before WTP  Connect to AC

The impact to Current MIB objects:
////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////
////////////////////
1) Impact to capwapBaseWtpTable
At present, capwapBaseWtpTable lets operator query Wtp property and do  
configuration
  for Wtp in run status.
When we have capwapBaseWtpProfileEntry, the capwapBaseWtpTable should  
Only Let operator query Wtp property
(such as capwapBaseWtpRetransmitCount) when Wtp in run status.
  The objects (such as capwapBaseWtpStaticIp) for configuration  
function  should be moved to
  capwapBaseWtpProfileEntry.
2) Impact to CapwapBaseWtpStateTable
To help operator to query a Wtp 's current configuration,  
capwapBaseWtpTable should add a new
object which keep current Wtp profile Id.
3) Impact to capwapBaseWirelessBindingEntry
  INDEX Would be { capwapBaseWtpProfileId (changed),
     capwapBaseWirelessBindingRadioId (No change)}
The reason of change is: The creation of Virtual radio interface is  
triggered by operation on the
CapwapBaseWtpProfileTable

Regards
Richard

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL:
http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap/attachments/20090327/379663fb/att
achment.htm 

------------------------------

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

End of Capwap Digest, Vol 40, Issue 11
**************************************

------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 30 Mar 2009 05:25:59 -0800
From: young <[email-masked]>
Subject: [Capwap] I put the text to close #3
To: [email-masked]
Cc: 'Yong Zhang' <[email-masked]>
Message-ID: <[email-masked]>
Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii

Hi,

As per discussion in the IETF 74th meeting, 
We give the following text to close #3, 
#3  Suggest Let Base MIB to Support a WTP Profile Function

Kindly check whether it is ok or not.

1) In the overview section, the new section is added to explain
 what is WTP profile.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////
5.7.  WTP Profile
   In a centralized WLAN architecture, the operator needs to prepare
   configurations for WTPs to be managed before they connect to the AC.
   Also, it should have a way to change the configuration of WTPs after
   they connect to the AC.  The WTP Profile for a WTP offers such
   functions.  The WTP Profile is a profile which includes several
   configuration parameters such as static IP for a specific WTP, and
   operator creates it before a specific WTP connects to the AC, and
   operator could change WTP's current configuration by changing the
   value of parameters in the profile.  In each profile for a specific
   WTP, operator MUST specify the serial number of a WTP before it
   connects to the AC.  As CAPWAP messages carry the serial number
   [RFC5415] of WTP, the AC system is able to match a WTP with its
   profile configured for it.
   Another important function of WTP profile is to trigger system to
   create WTP Virtual Radio Interface.  When operator creates a WTP
   profile, he MUST specify the model number [RFC5415] of a WTP.  As a
   PHY radio number is pre-decided by WTP's model number, the creation
   of a WTP profile triggers system to create specific number of WTP
   Virtual Radio Interfaces.  With the ifIndex of WTP Virtual Radio
   Interface, operator could configure and manage WTP's radios by the
   wireless binding MIB modules.

2)  Add a new table capwapBaseWtpProfileTable
////////////////////////////////////////////////////
capwapBaseWtpProfileTable OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      SEQUENCE OF CapwapBaseWtpProfileEntry
    MAX-ACCESS  not-accessible
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
        "A table of objects that prepare configuration (WTP profile)
         for WTPs to be managed before they connect to the AC.
         Operator could change a WTP's current configuration by
         changing the value of parameters in the WTP profile.
         Values of all read-create objects in this table are
         persistent at restart/reboot."
    ::= { capwapBaseWtps 1 }

CapwapBaseWtpProfileEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
      capwapBaseWtpProfileId                CapwapBaseWtpProfileIdTC,
      capwapBaseWtpProfileName              SnmpAdminString,
      capwapBaseWtpProfileWTPSerialId       CapwapBaseWtpIdTC,
      capwapBaseWtpProfileWTPModelNumber    SnmpAdminString,

All the objects as followed are moved from current table CapwapBaseWtpTable.
At present, we kept their old name to let you easily find out what
Objects are moved from CapwapBaseWtpTable.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////
      capwapBaseWtpName                     OCTET STRING,
      capwapBaseWtpLocation                 OCTET STRING,
      capwapBaseWtpStaticIpEnable           TruthValue,
      capwapBaseWtpStaticIpType             InetAddressType,
      capwapBaseWtpStaticIp                 InetAddress,
      capwapBaseWtpNetmask                  InetAddress,
      capwapBaseWtpGateway                  InetAddress,
      capwapBaseWtpFallbackEnable           INTEGER,
      capwapBaseWtpEchoInterval             Unsigned32,
      capwapBaseWtpIdleTimeout              Unsigned32,
      capwapBaseWtpMaxDiscoveryInterval     Unsigned32,
      capwapBaseWtpReportInterval           Unsigned32,
      capwapBaseWtpSilentInterval           Unsigned32,
      capwapBaseWtpStatisticsTimer          Unsigned32,
      capwapBaseWtpWaitDTLSTimer            Unsigned32,
      capwapBaseWtpEcnSupport               INTEGER,
////////////////////////////////////////////////////
      capwapBaseWtpProfileRowStatus         RowStatus
    }

3) Current capwapBaseWtpStateTable adds a new object
capwapBaseWtpStateCurrWtpProfileId
////////////////////////////////////////////////////
capwapBaseWtpStateCurrWtpProfileId OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      CapwapBaseWtpProfileIdTC
    MAX-ACCESS  read-only
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
        "Represents the current ID of a WTP profile. Operator could
         query a WTP' current configuration through it."
    ::= { capwapBaseWtpStateEntry 6 }

4) capwapBaseWtpTable is changed and only keep the read-only objects.
All read-write objects are moved to CapwapBaseWtpTable.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////
CapwapBaseWtpEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
      capwapBaseWtpCurrId                       CapwapBaseWtpIdTC,
      capwapBaseWtpPhyIndex                     PhysicalIndex,
      capwapBaseWtpBaseMacAddress               PhysAddress,
      capwapBaseWtpTunnelModeOptions            CapwapBaseTunnelModeTC,
      capwapBaseWtpMacTypeOptions               CapwapBaseMacTypeTC,
      capwapBaseWtpDiscoveryType                INTEGER,
      capwapBaseWtpRadiosInUseNum               Unsigned32,
      capwapBaseWtpRadioNumLimit                Unsigned32,
      capwapBaseWtpRetransmitCount              Counter32,
      capwapBaseWtpMaxDiscoveries               Unsigned32,
      capwapBaseWtpMaxFailedDTLSSessionRetry    Unsigned32,
      capwapBaseWtpMaxRetransmit                Unsigned32,
      capwapBaseWtpDataChannelKeepAliveTimer    Unsigned32,
      capwapBaseWtpDataChannelDeadInterval      Unsigned32,
      capwapBaseWtpDiscoveryInterval            Unsigned32,
      capwapBaseWtpDTLSSessionDeleteTimer       Unsigned32,
      capwapBaseWtpImageDataStartTimer          Unsigned32,
      capwapBaseWtpRetransmitInterval           Unsigned32
    }

5) capwapBaseWirelessBindingTable is changed with INDEX
///////////////////////////////////////////////
    INDEX {
      capwapBaseWtpProfileId,
      capwapBaseWirelessBindingRadioId
    }

6) Add a new table capwapBaseWtpModelTable
/////////////////////////////////////////////
We did not discuss it during the IETF 74 meeting.
Why it is required, please see 7) example change as followed.
The step 2 in the example explains the reason.
- capwapBaseWtpModelTable Table

capwapBaseWtpModelTable OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      SEQUENCE OF CapwapBaseWtpModelEntry
    MAX-ACCESS  not-accessible
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
        "A table of objects that allow operator to query properties
         of a specific model number."
    ::= { capwapBaseWtps 5 }

capwapBaseWtpModelEntry  OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      CapwapBaseWtpModelEntry
    MAX-ACCESS  not-accessible
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
        "A set of objects that allow operator to query properties
         of a specific model number."
    INDEX {
      capwapBaseWtpModelMfgName,
      capwapBaseWtpModelNumber
    }
    ::= { capwapBaseWtpModelTable 1 }

CapwapBaseWtpModelEntry ::= SEQUENCE {
      capwapBaseWtpModelMfgName     SnmpAdminString,
      capwapBaseWtpModelNumber      SnmpAdminString,
      capwapBaseWtpModelRadioNum    Unsigned32
    }

capwapBaseWtpModelMfgName OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      SnmpAdminString
    MAX-ACCESS  not-accessible
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
        "Represents the name of the manufacturer."
    ::= { capwapBaseWtpModelEntry 1 }

capwapBaseWtpModelNumber OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      SnmpAdminString
    MAX-ACCESS  not-accessible
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
         "Represents the model number of a WTP."
    REFERENCE
        "Section 4.6.40. of CAPWAP Protocol Specification, RFC 5415."
    ::= { capwapBaseWtpModelEntry 2 }

capwapBaseWtpModelRadioNum OBJECT-TYPE
    SYNTAX      Unsigned32 (0..255)
    MAX-ACCESS  read-only
    STATUS      current
    DESCRIPTION
        "Represents the maximum radio number supported by the WTP."
    ::= { capwapBaseWtpModelEntry 3 }

-- End of capwapBaseWtpModelTable Table

7) To improve the readability of the section:
  8.  Example of CAPWAP-BASE-MIB Module Usage, and to let it work with new 
changes of WTP profile. We updated the it.
////////////////////////////////////////////////////
Example of CAPWAP-BASE-MIB Module Usage

   Here takes IEEE 802.11 binding as an example to explain how the MIB
   modules would be used.

   1) Create a WTP profile for a WTP to be managed
   Before a WTP to be managed by the AC, operator creates a WTP profile
   for it on the AC.

   Suppose WTP's serial ID is '12345678', and operator creates a WTP
   profile as followed:

       In CapwapBaseWtpProfileTable
       {
         capwapBaseWtpProfileId               = 1,
         capwapBaseWtpProfileName             = 'WTP profile example',
         capwapBaseWtpProfileWTPSerialId      = '12345678',
         capwapBaseWtpProfileWTPModelNumber   = 'WTP123',
         capwapBaseWtpName                    = 'WTP profile 12345678',
         capwapBaseWtpLocation                = 'office',
         capwapBaseWtpStaticIpEnable          = true(1),
         capwapBaseWtpStaticIpType            = ipv4(1),
         capwapBaseWtpStaticIp                = '192.168.0.100',
         capwapBaseWtpNetmask                 = '255.255.255.0',
         capwapBaseWtpGateway                 = '192.168.0.1',
         capwapBaseWtpFallbackEnable          = true,
         capwapBaseWtpEchoInterval            = 30,
         capwapBaseWtpIdleTimeout             = 300,
         capwapBaseWtpMaxDiscoveryInterval    = 20,
         capwapBaseWtpReportInterval          = 120,
         capwapBaseWtpSilentInterval          = 30,
         capwapBaseWtpStatisticsTimer         = 120,
         capwapBaseWtpWaitDTLSTimer           = 60,
         capwapBaseWtpEcnSupport              = limited(0)
       }

   Suppose the model number 'WTP123' has one PHY radio and this PHY
   radio is identified by ID 1, the creation of this WTP profile
   triggers the AC system to create a WTP Virtual Radio Interface.
   Suppose the ifIndex of WTP Virtual Radio Interface is 10, the
   following information is stored in the
   CapwapBaseWirelessBindingTable.

      In CapwapBaseWirelessBindingTable
      {
        capwapBaseWtpProfileId                          = '12345678',
        capwapBaseWirelessBindingRadioId                = 1,
        capwapBaseWirelessBindingVirtualRadioIfIndex    = 10,
        capwapBaseWirelessBindingType                   = dot11(2)
      }

   By the mechanism of WTP Virtual Radio Interface, it seems WTP PHY
   radios are located on the AC.  The WTP Virtual Radio Interface is
   modeled by ifTable [RFC2863].

      In ifTable
      {
        ifIndex              = 10,
        ifDescr              = 'WTP Virtual Radio Interface',
        ifType               = xxx,
   RFC Editor - please replace xxx with the value
   allocated by IANA for IANAifType of WTP Virtual Radio Interface
        ifMtu                = 0,
        ifSpeed              = 0,
        ifPhysAddress        = '000000',
        ifAdminStatus        = true,
        ifOperStatus         = false,
        ifLastChange         = 0,
        ifInOctets           = 0,
        ifInUcastPkts        = 0,
        ifInDiscards         = 0,
        ifInErrors           = 0,
        ifInUnknownProtos    = 0,
        ifOutOctets          = 0,
        ifOutUcastPkts       = 0,
        ifOutDiscards        = 0,
        ifOutErrors          = 0
       }

   2) Query the ifIndexes of WTP Virtual Radio Interfaces

   Before operator configures parameters for PHY radios, he should query
   and get the ifIndexes of WTP Virtual Radio Interfaces which
   corresponds to the PHY radios.

   By CapwapBaseWtpModelTable, he is able to get the maximum radio
   number supported by a specific model number.  In this example, he
   gets the maximum number for the model number 'WTP123' is 1, then he
   knows that there is only one PHY radio required to be configured.

       In CapwapBaseWtpModelTable
       {
         capwapBaseWtpModelMfgName     = 'capwap',
         capwapBaseWtpModelNumber      = 'WTP123',
         capwapBaseWtpModelRadioNum    = 1
       }

   In the step 1), CapwapBaseWirelessBindingTable already stored the
   mapping relationship between the ifIndex of WTP Virtual Radio
   Interface and PHY radio.  From it, operator could get the ifIndex of
   WTP Virtual Radio Interface is 10 (corresponding to PHY radio 1).

   Now, it is time to configure the wireless binding parameters.

   3) Configure specific wireless binding parameters by WTP Virtual
   Radio Interface

   It is to be done on the AC through specific wireless binding MIB
   module such as IEEE 802.11 MIB module.

   For example, to configure parameter for WTP Virtual Radio Interface
   (the ifIndex is 10) by IEEE 802.11 Dot11OperationTable
   [IEEE.802-11.1999].

      In Dot11OperationTable
      {
        ifIndex                         = 10,
        dot11MACAddress                 = '000000',
        dot11RTSThreshold               = 2347,
        dot11ShortRetryLimit            = 7,
        dot11LongRetryLimit             = 4,
        dot11FragmentationThreshold     = 256,
        dot11MaxTransmitMSDULifetime    = 512,
        dot11MaxReceiveLifetime         = 512,
        dot11ManufacturerID             = 'capwap',
        dot11ProductID                  = 'capwap'
      }

   4) WTP reports its current configuration status

   According to [RFC5415], after join phase and before WTP get
   configuration from the AC, WTP reports its current configuration
   status to the AC through configuration status request message.  The
   data of MIB objects is updated on the AC.  For example, for IEEE
   802.11 binding, the AC updates data in the ifTable [RFC2863] and IEEE
   802.11 MIB module so on according to message content.  As an example
   for the ifIndex 10, its ifOperStatus in ifTable is updated according
   to current radio operational status in the CAPWAP message.

   5) Query WTP and radio statistics data

   After WTPs come to run status, operator could query WTP and radio
   statistics data through CAPWAP-BASE-MIB and specific binding MIB
   module on the AC.  For example, through dot11CountersTable in the
   IEEE 802.11 MIB module, operator could query counter data for radio
   which is identified by the ifIndex of a virtual radio interface.
   With capwapBaseWtpTable table in the CAPWAP-BASE-MIB module, operator
   could query properties of WTPs which are in run status.

   6) MIB operations through a CAPWAP protocol wireless binding MIB
   module

   For example, for CAPWAP IEEE 802.11 binding protocol [RFC5416], Some
   MIB operations such as MAC mode configuration for a WLAN depend on
   the CAPWAP Protocol Binding MIB for IEEE 802.11
   [I-D.ietf-capwap-802dot11-mib].  In the
   [I-D.ietf-capwap-802dot11-mib], it gives more explain.

   7) Query other properties of WTP

   Operator could query MIB objects in the ENTITY-MIB [RFC4133] module
   by capwapBaseWtpPhyIndex in the capwapBaseWtpTable of CAPWAP-BASE-MIB
   module.  The properties of WTP such as software version, hardware
   version and so on are available in the ENTITY-MIB module.

------------------------------

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

End of Capwap Digest, Vol 40, Issue 15
**************************************

_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap