Subject: [Capwap] WG Last Call on MIB Documents

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Aug 2009 14:23:19 -0400

Hi Everyone,

The updated MIB documents are now available in the Internet-Drafts  
repository:

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-capwap-base-mib-06.txt
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-capwap-802dot11-mib-05.txt

This message will serve as a two week Working Group Last Call on these  
documents.  If there are no blocking issues raised in the next two  
weeks, we will submit these documents to our AD, Dan Romascanu, for  
publication as Proposed Standard RFCs.

The changes in the latest versions of these drafts are summarized and  
explained in the slides from IETF 75:

http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/75/slides/capwap-0.ppt

There is only one significant change, a switch to using the MAC  
Address of the wireless access point as the unique identifier for the  
WTP.  The previous version used the serial number, which was not  
guaranteed to be unique across different models/brands of access  
points.  A concern was raised that the MAC Address is not listed in  
the CAPWAP Base Specification as a required field, although it is also  
not listed as optional.  There was agreement at the meeting to submit  
RFC errata on the CAPAP Base Spec to make the MAC Address mandatory,  
and that agreement was checked on the mailing list.

If you have any blocking concerns with sending the CAPWAP MIB  
documents to the IESG for publication as Proposed Standard RFCs,  
please send your concerns to the CAPWAP mailing list by midnight GMT  
on Thursday, August 27th (two weeks from today).

Thanks,
Margaret

(for the CAPWAP WG chairs)
_________________________________________________________________
To unsubscribe or modify your subscription options, please visit:
http://lists.frascone.com/mailman/listinfo/capwap

Archives: http://lists.frascone.com/pipermail/capwap

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Aug 2009 15:19:40 -0400

Just a reminder that we have an open WG Last Call on the MIB documents  
(see below).  If you know of any reason why we should not forward  
these documents to the IESG for publication as Proposed Standard RFCs,  
please send e-mail to the CAPWAP mailing list by midnight GMT TOMORROW  
(Thursday, August 27th).

Thank you,
Margaret

(for the CAPWAP WG Co-Chairs)

Begin forwarded message:

> From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
> Date: August 13, 2009 2:23:19 PM EDT
> To: capwap <[email-masked]>
> Subject: [Capwap] WG Last Call on MIB Documents
>
>
> Hi Everyone,
>

---

From: "Romascanu, Dan (Dan)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 09:21:31 +0200

One question that I would like to ask as AD and be reflected in the
PROTO write-ups is whether the MIB documents were reviewed by the WG
chairs and by the editors of the CAPWAP protocol RFCs to make sure that
the content is consistent with the definitions in these documents.

Thanks and Regards,

Dan

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Margaret Wasserman [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 10:20 PM
> To: capwap
> Subject: [Capwap] REMINDER: WG Last Call on MIB Documents
> 
> 
> Just a reminder that we have an open WG Last Call on the MIB 
> documents (see below).  If you know of any reason why we 
> should not forward these documents to the IESG for 
> publication as Proposed Standard RFCs, please send e-mail to 
> the CAPWAP mailing list by midnight GMT TOMORROW (Thursday, 
> August 27th).
> 
> Thank you,
> Margaret
>

---

From: Margaret Wasserman <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Aug 2009 08:13:04 -0400

Hi Dan,

The default write-up asks about the WG chairs...  I did read an  
earlier version of these documents, and (assuming I do the write-up) I  
will read the current versions before sending it to you.  I believe  
that Mani has also read them.

I will poll the CAPWAP draft editors as part of doing the write-up,  
and I'll include that information there.

Margaret

On Aug 27, 2009, at 3:21 AM, Romascanu, Dan (Dan) wrote:

>> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-capwap-802dot11- 
>> mib-05.
>>> txt
>>>