Subject: Access control APIs

From: Michael Smith <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 10:00:54 -0500

John wrote:

>> The xgss draft has not been actively discussed within the CAT-WG for some
>> time [...] Are other WG members also committed to this specification, and/or
>> awaiting its progression?

And Simon Gibson <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>We are not committed to the XGSSAPI at this stage but will incorporating 
>access control to a project later on. Obviously we will wish to use common 
>standard interfaces. From my understanding I guess the XGSSAPI and the GAA-API 
>are competing drafts.

This pretty much represents my view as well. I would very much like to 
see a standard API for access control emerge; at this point I don't feel 
able to evaluate one proposal as against the other. There hasn't been 
enough discussion. But I would certainly hope that the WG could take
up this topic more energetically. 

--Michael Smith
  [email-masked]

==========================================================================
This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list
server.  If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the
message body of "unsubscribe ietf-cat-wg" to [email-masked]