Subject: GSS-API: Java bindings question

From: Hengki Widjaja <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 1998 15:28:06 +1000

Currently, I am working with project that implement GSS-API, and
I have question regarding the GSS-API V2: Java-bindings. My question is
how can the GSSContext get the information (such as credential-data)
from the GSSCredential ?
Information such as lifetime, usage and name can be retrieved using
getRemainingLifetime() ,getUsage(), etc.
However, how can I get the the actual data from the GSSCredential class
(say TGT when we using Kerberos mechanism) ?

I could be wrong in understanding of this.. since I'm new. But, I would
like to get bit of direction at the implementation of the API.
All comments will be helpful.

thank you

Hengki

==========================================================================
This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list
server.  If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the
message body of "unsubscribe ietf-cat-wg" to [email-masked]

---

From: Mayank Upadhyay <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Oct 1998 01:51:29 -0700 (PDT)

This is something that will vary from implementation to implementation. But 
the general idea is that in a given implementation, say yours, the 
GSSContext class will have access to methods/data in GSSCredential that are 
"package private." So those methods/data will be accessible to every class 
in your package but not to classes in the outside world.

(Methods/data are package private if you leave out any access specifiers 
such as public, private or protected.)

-Mayank

|>From: Hengki Widjaja <[email-masked]>
|>Mime-Version: 1.0
|>To: [email-masked]
|>Subject: GSS-API: Java bindings question
|>Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit
|>
|>Currently, I am working with project that implement GSS-API, and
|>I have question regarding the GSS-API V2: Java-bindings. My question is
|>how can the GSSContext get the information (such as credential-data)
|>from the GSSCredential ?
|>Information such as lifetime, usage and name can be retrieved using
|>getRemainingLifetime() ,getUsage(), etc.
|>However, how can I get the the actual data from the GSSCredential class
|>(say TGT when we using Kerberos mechanism) ?
|>
|>I could be wrong in understanding of this.. since I'm new. But, I would
|>like to get bit of direction at the implementation of the API.
|>All comments will be helpful.
|>
|>thank you
|>
|>Hengki
|>
|>
|>=========================================================================
=
|>This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list
|>server.  If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the
|>message body of "unsubscribe ietf-cat-wg" to [email-masked]