From: Simon Gibson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 98 12:04:59 +1000

> The xgss draft has not been actively discussed within the CAT-WG for some
> time (the last meeting reference I can locate, e.g., was at the December
> 1997 meeting) and is not currently pending IESG consideration for
> advancement to RFC status. In order to request its progression on behalf of
> a WG, IETF procedure requires apparent constituency and consensus on a
> document.  Are other WG members also committed to this specification, and/or
> awaiting its progression?
> 
> --jl
> 

We are not committed to the XGSSAPI at this stage but will incorporating 
access control to a project later on. Obviously we will wish to use common 
standard interfaces. From my understanding I guess the XGSSAPI and the GAA-API 
are competing drafts.

Simon
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Simon Gibson,                                      Telephone: +61 7 3864 5120
Research Scientist, Security Unit,                 Facsimile: +61 7 3864 1282
CRC for Distributed Systems Technology,
Queensland University of Technology,           email:<[email-masked]>
Brisbane Qld 4001, Australia.                          http://www.dstc.edu.au
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

==========================================================================
This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list
server.  If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the
message body of "unsubscribe ietf-cat-wg" to [email-masked]