Subject: Final Call for Papers - CQRE [Secure] networking

From: "Detlef Hühnlein" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 23 Apr 1999 15:01:16 +0100

Hallo!

Please accept my sincere appologies, if you receive this 
Final Call for Papers multiple times.

The mail is just to remind you that there are only !!! THREE !!! 
more weeks until the deadline for submission of extended 
abstracts on May 14th, 1999.

Recent news:
* best paper award at CQRE
* publication of proceedings in Springer's LNCS
* first invited speakers: 
   - Stephen Kent     (GTE)
   - Bruce Schneier   (Counterpane)
   - Helena Handschuh (Gemplus/ENST)

Best regards
    Detlef Huehnlein

***************************************************************
                  Final Call for Papers
            CQRE [Secure] Congress & Exhibition
        Duesseldorf, Germany, Nov. 30 - Dec. 2 1999
---------------------------------------------------------------
provides a new international forum covering most aspects of
information security with a special focus to the role of
information security in the context of rapidly evolving 
economic processes.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Deadline for submission of extended abstracts: May 14, 1999
CQRE - website: http://www.cqre.net (under construction)
CfP - at:       http://www.secunet.de/forum/cqre.html
mailing-list:   send mailto:[email-masked]
(where the subject is "subscribe" without paranthesis)
***************************************************************
The "CQRE [Secure] networking" provides a new international 
forum giving a close-up view on information security in the 
context of rapidly evolving economic processes. The 
unprecedented reliance on computer technology transformed 
the previous technical side-issue "information security" to 
a management problem requiring decisions of strategic
importance. Hence, the targeted audience represents decision 
makers from government, industry, commercial, and academic 
communities.

If you are developing solutions to problems relating to the 
protection of your country´s information infrastructure or 
a commercial enterprise, consider submitting a paper to the 
"CQRE [Secure] networking" conference.

We are looking for papers and panel discussions covering:

* electronic commerce
  - new business processes
  - secure business transactions
  - online merchandising
  - electronic payment / banking
  - innovative applications
* network security
  - virtual private networks
  - security aspects in internet utilization
  - security aspects in multimedia applications
  - intrusion detection systems
* legal aspects
  - digital signatures acts
  - privacy and anonymity
  - crypto regulation
  - liability
* corporate security
  - access control
  - secure teleworking
  - enterprise key management
  - IT-audit
  - risk / disaster management
  - security awareness and training
  - implementation, accreditation, and operation of secure systems
    in a government, business, or industry environment
* security technology
  - cryptography
  - public key infrastructures
  - chip card technology
  - biometrics
* trust management
  - evaluation of products and systems
  - international harmonization of security evaluation criterias
* standardization
* future perspectives

Any other contribution addressing the involvement of IT security 
in economic processes will be welcome.

Authors are invited to submit an extended abstract of their 
contribution to the program chair. The submissions should be 
original research results, survey articles or "high quality" 
case studies and position papers. Product advertisements are 
welcome for presentation, but will not be considered for the
proceedings. Manuscripts must be in English, and should not be 
more than 2.000 words. The extended abstracts should be in a 
form suitable for anonymous review, with no author names,
affiliations, acknowledgements or obvious references. 
Contributions must not be submitted in parallel to any conference 
or workshop that has proceedings. Separately, an abstract of 
the paper with no more than 200 words and with title, name and 
addresses (incl. an E-mail address) of the authors shall be 
submitted. In the case of multiple authors the contacting 
author must be clearly identified. We strongly encourage
electronic submission in Postscript format. The submissions 
must be in 11 pt format, use standard fonts or include the 
necessary fonts. Proposals for panel discussions should also be
sent to the program chair. Panels of interest include those that
present alternative/controversial viewpoints or those that 
encourage lively discussions of relevant issues. Panels that
are collections of unrefereed papers will not be considered.

Panel proposals should be a minimum of one page describing the 
subject matter, the appropriateness of the panel for this 
conference and should identify participants and their respective
viewpoints.

best paper award:
This award will be presented at CQRE to the authors of the best
paper to be selected by the program committee.

mailing list/ web-site:
If you want to receive emails with up to date information, please
send a brief mail to [email-masked]. You will find this call for 
papers and further information at http://www.secunet.de/forum/cqre.html.

publication:
The proceedings will be published by Springer-Verlag in the Lecture
Notes of Computer Science (LNCS) Series. The final papers must be
prepared as described in http://www.springer.de/comp/lncs/authors.html.

important dates:
deadline for submission of extended abstracts  May 14,  1999
deadline for submission of panel proposals     June 1,  1999
notification of acceptance                     June 25, 1999
deadline for submission of complete papers     July 30, 1999

program committee:
Johannes Buchmann  (TU Darmstadt)
Dirk Fox           (Secorvo)
Walter Fumy        (Siemens)
Ruediger Grimm     (GMD)
Helena Handschuh   (ENST/Gemplus)
Thomas Hoeren      (Uni Muenster)
Pil Joong Lee      (POSTECH)
Alfred Menezes     (U.o.Waterloo/Certicom)
David Naccache     (Gemplus)
Clifford Neumann   (USC)
Joachim Posegga    (German Telekom)
Mike Reiter        (Bell Labs)
Matt Robshaw       (RSA)
Richard Schlechter (EU-comm.)
Bruce Schneier     (Counterpane)
Tsuyoshi Takagi    (NTT)
Yiannis Tsiounis   (GTE Labs)
Michael Waidner    (IBM)
Moti Yung          (CERTCO)
Robert Zuccherato  (Entrust)

program chair:
Rainer Baumgart
secunet - Security Networks GmbH
Weidenauer Str. 223 - 225
57076 Siegen
Germany

Tel.: +49-271-48950-15
Fax: +49-271-48950-50
[email-masked]
This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list
server.  If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the
message body of "unsubscribe ietf-cat-wg" to [email-masked]