Subject: GSS-API in Java 2 Standard Edition

From: Mayank Upadhyay <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 10:30:00 -0700 (PDT)

Sun is working with the Java community to incorporate the Java language 
bindings of the GSS-API into the specification for the standard Java 
platform, i.e., Java 2 Standard Edition (J2SE).

The goal of this process is to have the Java community endorse the IETF 
defined API in RFC 2853, as is. However, as a result of this process, 
there may be some additional requirements on vendors of J2SE needed to 
make the specification more pertinent to the J2SE user. For instance, at 
this point in the process it has been suggested that the Kerberos V5 
mechanism be made mandatory in J2SE to ensure a minimum level of 
interoperability between Java runtimes from different vendors.

The specification which includes these additional requirements is 
available for the public to review and comment on. If CAT members are 
interested in participating in this process, their review of the spec at  
http://java.sun.com/aboutJava/communityprocess/review/jsr072 will be 
greatly appreciated.

Please note that suggestions received at any stage of this review process 
for modifications to the API in RFC 2853 will be relayed back to the CAT 
working group.

Thanks,
Mayank

-++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==
This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list
server.  If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the
message body of "unsubscribe ietf-cat-wg" to [email-masked]