Subject: GSSTEST: gssapi interoperability test tool available

From: Martin Rex <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 20:20:47 +0200 (METDST)

Hi CAT fanciers,

I have written a GSS-API interoperability test tool and it
is available for download in the directory:

   ftp://ftp.sap.com/pub/ietf-work/gssapi/gsstest/

version 1.22 is my most recent release.

Although the primary purpose of this tool are interoperability tests
focusing on the usage pattern of my employer's (distributed) application,
it may be useful to every implementor of a gssapi mechanism to verify
consistency in operations, spec conformance, implementation robustness
and performance of one's own gssapi mechanism implementation.

GSSTEST expects a gssapi mechanism to be supplied as a shared
library/DLL.  This shared library/DLL will be dynamically
loaded at runtime through the platform-specific runtime linker,
e.g. LoadLibrary(), dlopen(), etc.  All tests and all context
establishments are performed locally, i.e. within the same
program.  For the initiator, the default credentials will be
used; for the acceptor, a name can optionally be specified.
Since version 1.22 GSSTEST can load two independent shared
libraries, one for the operations of the initiator and one
for the operations of the acceptor.  This allows to test
two independent implementations of the same gssapi mechanism
for interoperability.

The code is distributed as source, but also contains a precompiled Win32
executable.  The distribution includes a Makefile and build scripts
for the following platforms and compilers:

   Win32          95, 98, ME, NT4, W2K    Visual C++ 4.2, 5.0, 6.0
   Linux                                  gcc
   AIX            4.1.x, 4.2.x, 4.3.x     IBM XLC
   Digital Unix   4.0x                    DEC C Compiler
   HP-UX          10.x, 11.x              HP ANSI-C Compiler
   Reliant Unix   5.4x                    SNI Compiler
   SunOS          5.6, 5.7, 5.8           Sun Workshop Pro
 
Using other compilers should be fairly easy to change,
porting it to other platforms might take a little longer.

-Martin
-++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==--++**==
This message was posted through the Stanford campus mailing list
server.  If you wish to unsubscribe from this mailing list, send the
message body of "unsubscribe ietf-cat-wg" to [email-masked]