Subject: [Cbor] New Version Notification for draft-bormann-cbor-tags-oid-04.txt

From: Sean Leonard <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 8 Jul 2016 12:57:45 -0700

Hi CBOR mailing list:

We present the latest version of CBOR Tags and Techniques. Without 
changing the wire protocol, it talks about:
* Object Identifiers (the original purpose)
* Binary (Internet) messages and MIME entities
* Enumeration and Set/Multiset techniques
* Regular Expressions

The main changes occurred in version-03. Based on (rather limited but 
pointed) feedback, version-04 mainly revised the title and the abstract 
so that it more accurately reflects the current contents.

Hope to get quality feedback.

Regards,

Sean

PS As stated in the -03 announcement, the details of Sections 6 and 
onwards were mostly written by me (although Carsten and I talked about 
them in person in the past).

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for draft-bormann-cbor-tags-oid-04.txt
Date: 	Fri, 08 Jul 2016 08:32:40 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-bormann-cbor-tags-oid-04.txt
has been successfully submitted by Sean Leonard and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-bormann-cbor-tags-oid
Revision:	04
Title:		Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) Tags and Techniques
                  for Object Identifiers, Enumerations, Binary Entities,
                  Regular Expressions, and Sets
Document date:	2016-07-08
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		32
URL: 
https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bormann-cbor-tags-oid-04.txt
Status: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-bormann-cbor-tags-oid/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-bormann-cbor-tags-oid-04
Diff: 
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-bormann-cbor-tags-oid-04

Abstract:
     The Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR, RFC 7049) is a data
     format whose design goals include the possibility of extremely small
     code size, fairly small message size, and extensibility without the
     need for version negotiation.

     Useful tags and techniques have emerged since the publication of RFC
     7049; the present document makes use of CBOR's built-in major types
     to define and refine several useful constructs, without changing the
     wire protocol.  This document adds object identifiers (OIDs) to CBOR
     with CBOR tags <<O>> and <<R>> [values TBD].  It is intended as the
     reference document for the IANA registration of the CBOR tags so
     defined.  Useful techniques for enumerations and sets are presented
     (without new tags).  As the documentation for MIME entities (tag 36)
     and regular expressions (tag 35) RFC 7049 left much out, this
     document provides more comprehensive specifications.