Subject: [Cbor] Notes from CBOR teleconference, 22 Aug

From: Barry Leiba <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 23 Aug 2018 09:10:47 -0400

Here are my brief notes from yesterday's CBOR teleconference.

Attendees:
Barry Leiba
Carsten Bormann
Jim Schaad
Lawrence Lundblade
Michael Breuer

Carsten will leave for vacation tomorrow morning (23 Aug), back on 7 Sept.

CDDL status:
CDDL issues mostly resolved in Carsten’s working version
Thinks he’s addressed Jeffrey’s concerns, but would like to hear from
Jeffrey, who appears to be on vacation.
Addressed most of what Jim raised, but Jim sent another message 30
minutes before the call; will discuss later.

CBOR-bis:
need to go through the issues in detail after Carsten’s vacation
base64 padding will need much discussion
- some want to give up on it, but that causes implementors problems
- better for us to nail that down: revisit an old in-room decision
some other issues that are less technical will need discussion

brief look at issues and pull requests on the call; most not a big deal
- canonicalization, extract into separate document
- does it make sense to do an interop test for CBOR? (Jim: would be
helpful to find corner cases)
- Carsten will start a thread on the mailing list collecting interop
cases for an online test in October; will also do a Hackathon project
in Bangkok.

Back to CDDL, discussing Jim’s recent message to the list.
- Issue stops Jim from building a syntax tree.
- Discussion of options, looking at editorial changes.
- Carsten will work with Jim today on text.
- If the issue is still open after today, we can note it in the
shepherd writeup and finish dealig with it in IETF last call.

Call on 5 Sept will be cancelled unless we have something to talk
about without Carsten.
Next call after that is on 19 Sept; Carsten will be on it.

-- 
Barry