Subject: [Cbor] draft-ietf-cbor-cddl-05 and representation types

From: Kevin Braun <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2018 14:28:34 -0400

Hi folks,

"2.2.3. Representation Types" says:

'Note that although this notation is based on the CBOR serialization, it 
is about a set of values at the data model level, e.g. "#7.25" specifies 
the set of values that can be represented as half-precision floats; it 
does not mandate that these values also do have to be serialized as 
half-precision floats: CDDL does not provide any language means to 
restrict the choice of serialization variants.'

So, to be clear, uint (#0) could match a non-negative integer value 
encoded as a half-precision float (#7.25) or as a BigNum (#2)?  I just 
want to be clear this isn't something special for floats. Perhaps it 
would be better to say, 'e.g. "#7.25" specifies the set of values that 
can be represented as half-precision floats; it does not mandate that 
these values also do have to be serialized as half-precision floats, /or 
even as floats at all/: CDDL does not....'.

Regards,
Kevin