Subject: [Cbor] I-D Action: draft-ietf-cbor-7049bis-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 14:32:58 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Concise Binary Object Representation Maintenance and Extensions WG of the IETF.

        Title           : Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR)
        Authors         : Carsten Bormann
                          Paul Hoffman
	Filename        : draft-ietf-cbor-7049bis-05.txt
	Pages           : 62
	Date            : 2019-01-15

Abstract:
   The Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) is a data format
   whose design goals include the possibility of extremely small code
   size, fairly small message size, and extensibility without the need
   for version negotiation.  These design goals make it different from
   earlier binary serializations such as ASN.1 and MessagePack.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-cbor-7049bis/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-cbor-7049bis-05
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-cbor-7049bis-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-cbor-7049bis-05

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: "Paul Hoffman" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2019 14:44:33 -0800

Greetings again. The updates in this draft encompass many of the pull 
requests on the WG's GitHub repo at:
    https://github.com/cbor-wg/CBORbis
We don't think any of the diffs will be too controversial, but we are 
certainly open to suggested changes. The biggest changes are in the 
indefinite-length objects and bignums; there are smaller cleanups in 
many other places as well.

There are too looming changes that Jeffrey has submitted as pull 
requests: being clearer about what is ill-formed, and what is valid. 
We'll deal with those (and other newly-opened issues) well before the 
Prague meeting.

--Paul Hoffman