Subject: [Cbor] RFC 8610 on Concise Data Definition Language (CDDL): A Notational Convention to Express Concise Binary Object Representation (CBOR) and JSON Data Structures

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Jun 2019 16:39:30 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8610

        Title:      Concise Data Definition Language (CDDL): 
                    A Notational Convention to Express Concise 
                    Binary Object Representation (CBOR) and JSON 
                    Data Structures 
        Author:     H. Birkholz,
                    C. Vigano,
                    C. Bormann
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       June 2019
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      64
        Characters: 125233
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-cbor-cddl-08.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8610

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8610

This document proposes a notational convention to express Concise
Binary Object Representation (CBOR) data structures (RFC 7049).  Its
main goal is to provide an easy and unambiguous way to express
structures for protocol messages and data formats that use CBOR or
JSON.

This document is a product of the Concise Binary Object Representation Maintenance and Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet Standards Track
protocol for the Internet community, and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Official
Internet Protocol Standards (https://www.rfc-editor.org/standards) for the 
standardization state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this 
memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC