Subject: [Cbor] Charter update

From: Jim Schaad <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Aug 2020 20:05:19 -0700

We need to get a charter update to deal with the new CDDL control document.
We are looking at changing paragraph 4 as follows:

CDDL has been published as RFC 8610. While this specification has been

completed, several new features were raised during the update process that

were not included, in order not to delay publication, and to allow

publication in the Standards Track. One example of such a feature is the

ability to combine multiple CDDL files together using a mechanism other than

manually concatenating them together for processing. The working group will

collect these features as well as other features that are raised by users of

CDDL, evaluate their utility and add to a second edition of the

specification where warranted., where warranted, progress them either in a

standalone document or as part of a second edition of the specification.

The object is to allow us to do a standalone CDDL document which is current
not permitted.

Please comment on the mailing list.  This is expected to be part of the
agenda on Wed.

Jim

---

From: Michael Richardson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Aug 2020 18:26:12 -0400

> We are looking at changing paragraph 4 as follows:

seems fine to me.

---

From: Carsten Bormann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2020 07:31:20 +0200

On 2020-08-30, at 05:05, Jim Schaad <[email-masked]> wrote:
> 
> The object is to allow us to do a standalone CDDL document which is current not permitted.

Looks good to me.

Grüße, Carsten