Subject: [Cbor] cbor - Not having a session at IETF 113

From: IETF Meeting Session Request Tool <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 07:36:40 -0800

Barry Leiba, a chair of the cbor working group, indicated that the cbor working group does not plan to hold a session at IETF 113.

This message was generated and sent by the IETF Meeting Session Request Tool.

---

From: Christian Amsüss <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2022 16:52:09 +0100

Hello CBOR group,
hello readers of session-request@,

On Wed, Jan 26, 2022 at 07:36:40AM -0800, IETF Meeting Session Request Tool wrote:
> Barry Leiba, a chair of the cbor working group, indicated that the
> cbor working group does not plan to hold a session at IETF 113.

To give some context on the request withdrawal that was decided during
today's interim meeting: Several regular working group items are making
good enough progress during the interims that we don't feel a strong
need for a meeting during the full IETF in Vienna; we do expect to meet
again at future IETFs.

There is one item that does deserve wider IETF attention, even exceeding
the one it would get as the dominant topic of the meeting it would be:
The evolution of CDDL approaching a second revision, establishing it
more firmly as a modelling tool.

We are evaluating opportunities for making that development approachable
to a larger audience, and gather interested parties, and will keep you
informed on where that will happen (at least) on the CBOR mailing list.

Best regards
Christian

-- 
We are dreamers, shapers, singers, and makers.
  -- Elric