Subject: GMPLS Architecture

From: "Tamer Khattab" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 11:05:05 -0800

Hi all,
I am newly subscribed to ccamp group and I am mainly interested in GMPLS 
architecutre.  I am doing some research as a Ph.D. student at University of 
BC in Vancouver, BC, Canada.

I would like to propose the addition of Optical Code Labelling method to the 
GMPLS architecture in order to have more label mapping layers and at the 
same time to increase the number of optical label mapping layers that are 
capable of working in an all optical manner (no need for O-E-O conversion).
Currently, this is only valid for FSC, and LSC.  If we add the Optical Code 
and call it Code Switch Capable (CSC) then we will make optical switches 
(specially the all-optical backbone ones) able to identify higher number of 
isolated flows, which will significantly increase the QoS, as well as 
Management and Contol abilities of all-optical networks.

Any comments/suggestions in this area?  I am open for any discussions.

Thank you and best regards,

Tamer Khattab
PhD. Canadidate
Lab for Advance Networking
Electrical and Computer Engineerign
The University of British Columbia
http://www.ece.ubc.ca/~tkhattab

_________________________________________________________________
MSN Premium: Up to 11 personalized e-mail addresses and 2 months FREE*   
http://join.msn.com/?pgmarket=en-ca&page=byoa/prem&xAPID=1994&DI=1034&SU=http://hotmail.com/enca&HL=Market_MSNIS_Taglines