Subject: Protocol Action: 'GMPLS Signaling Procedure For Egress Control' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 20 Sep 2004 18:20:16 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'GMPLS Signaling Procedure For Egress Control '
   <draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-egress-control-03.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Alex Zinin and Bill Fenner.

Technical Summary
 
   This note clarifies the procedures for the control of the label used
   on a output/downstream interface of the egress node of a Label
   Switched Path (LSP).  Such control is also known as "Egress Control".
   Support for Egress Control is implicit in Generalized Multi-Protocol
   Label Switching (GMPLS) Signaling.  This note is a clarification to
   the specification of GMPLS Signaling and does not modify GMPLS
   signaling mechanisms and procedures.

Working Group Summary
 
 The WG has a consensus on this document.
 
Protocol Quality
 
 The document has been reviewed for the IESG by Alex Zinin.

RFC-Editor Note

1. Introduce "ERO" in Section 1. "Background", 2nd para:

OLD:

   For context, the following is the text from the GMPLS signaling draft
   dated June 2000:

NEW:

   For context, the following is the text from the GMPLS signaling draft
   dated June 2000 about how ERO (Explicit Route Object) for egress
   control:

2. Expand "RRO" in Section 2.2. "RRO Procedures", 1st para:

OLD:

   In the case where an ERO is used to specify outgoing interface
   information at the egress and label recording is indicated for the
   LSP, the egress should include the specified interface information
   and the specified label or labels in the corresponding RRO.

NEW:

   In the case where an ERO is used to specify outgoing interface
   information at the egress and label recording is indicated for the
   LSP, the egress should include the specified interface information
   and the specified label or labels in the corresponding RRO (Route
   Record Object).

3. Move [2119] to Normative References

4. Remove [BCP78] and [BCP79] from the list of references as unused.