Subject: CALL FOR PARTICIPATION: iPOP 2005

From: "K. Miyazaki" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Jan 2005 13:47:33 +0900

************************************************************************

CALL FOR PARTICIPATION: iPOP 2005

The International Conference on IP + Optical Network (iPOP 2005)
GMPLS Interoperability Public Demonstration, Exhibition and Conference
Tokyo, Japan, February 21-22, 2005
http://www.pilab.org/ipop2005/

iPOP 2005 is the international conference that will convince you that
the IP and Optical technologies are the breakthrough needed for the
next-generation network infrastructure. It is intended to share the
latest results among industry and academia, and experience in state-
of-the-art of "IP and Optical Networking technologies".

Following this theme, it will provide a showcase for GMPLS
interoperability, which is the first demonstration of its kind in Asia.
Additionally, it will exhibit GMPLS network equipment (IP routers,
SONET/SDH XCs, Optical/Photonic XCs), GMPLS protocol test equipment,
GMPLS network operation support tools, Optical Switches, and other
related devices.

The conference also features keynotes, special and technical sessions by
leaders of IP and Photonic Network technologies from academia and
industry.

We hope for your participation.

YOU WILL ENJOY:
* GMPLS Interoperability Demonstrations by world-wide vendors:
- Multi-Region Routing and Signaling
- Multi-Layer Traffic Engineering
- MPLS/GMPLS Migration
- GMPLS-based Protection and Restoration

* Exhibition of state-of-the-art photonic network products:
- GMPLS network equipment: IP routers, SONET/SDH XCs, Optical/Photonic
XCs
- GMPLS protocol test equipment,
- GMPLS network operation support tools,
- Optical switches and other devices.

* Conference sessions on
- Interoperability of IP and Optical Networking Products and Services
- Field trial Plan/Report
- Network Operator Experience
- Advances of GMPLS and Future Optical Networking Technologies

CONFIRMED SPEAKERS
- Prof. Tomonori Aoyama, University of Tokyo, Japan.
- Prof. Shoichiro Asano, the National Institute of Informatics (NII),
Japan.
- Mr. Hisao Iizuka, NTT Communications, Japan.
- Dr. Bijan Jabbari, ISOCORE, USA.
- Prof. Ken-ichi Kitayama, Osaka University, Japan.
- Dr. Tatsuzo Koga, Tsukuba JGN II Research Center, Japan.
- Mr. Rajiv Papneja, ISOCORE, USA.
- Dr. Rajiv Ramaswami, Cisco Systems, USA.
- Mr. Jerry Sobieski, Mid-Atlantic Crossroads, USA.
- Dr. Masatoshi Suzuki, KDDI Laboratories, Japan.
- Ms. Amy Wang, Avici Systems, USA.
- Prof. Naoaki Yamanaka, Keio University, Japan.

REGISTRATION
Attendance to iPOP 2005 is FREE OF CHARGE with pre-registration
required.
Please register at http://www.pilab.org/ipop2005/ through January 31,
2005.

LOCATION
The venue, Tokyo Fashion Town (TFT) Hall is located in Tokyo's newly
developed seafront area known as Odaiba. It is easily accessible by
public transport from downtown Tokyo and Narita International Airport.
For more information, please visit the iPOP 2005 Web site at
http://www.pilab.org/ipop2005/.

TENTATIVE CONFERENCE PROGRAM

February 21, 2005
* Opening Addresses
- Prof. Tomonori Aoyama (General Chair, University of Tokyo)
- Dr. Bijan Jabbari (General Chair, ISOCORE)

* Keynote
- IP + Optical in the Next Generation Network
by Dr. Rajiv Ramaswami (Cisco Systems)

* Program Introduction
- Mr. Tadanobu Okada (TPC Chair, NTT)

* Special Session 1: Toward Truly Interoperable IP and Optical
Networking Products and Services
- Mr. Rajiv Papneja (ISOCORE)
- Prof. Naoaki Yamanaka (Organization Committee Chair, PIL)
- Ms. Amy Wang (OIF)

* Special Session 2: Project Report: IP+Optical Testbed
- Super SINET by Prof. Shoichiro Asano (NII)
- JGN II by Dr. Tatsuzo Koga (Tsukuba JGN II Research Center)
- 863 Project (China: Inviting)
- Keihanna by Prof. Ken-ichi Kitayama (Osaka University)
- Dragon Project by Mr. Jerry Sobieski (Mid-Atlantic Crossroads)

* Public Demonstration
GMPLS Interop Showcase at Exhibition Hall

* Special Session 3: Visions for the Next Generation IP+Optical Network
Research and Development
- Mr. Hisao Iizuka (NTT Communications)
- Dr. Masatoshi Suzuki (KDDI Laboratories)

February 22, 2005
* Technical Session 1: Multi-layer: IP+Optical
* Technical Session 2: New services: VPN, QoS, Grid
* Technical Session 3: Migration Scenario to GMPLS Networks
* Technical Session 4: Implementation Report Experiments

SPONSORSHIP
PIL (Photonic Internet Lab, http://www.pilab.org), founded by 6 vendors
and 1 service provider in 2002, is promoting R&D on next-generation
photonic network control protocols based on photonic technologies for
managed networks.

ISOCORE (http://www.isocore.com) is the leading technology validation
lab in the next generation IP and optical networking. Its goal is to
advance internetworking through technology validation and product
verification and to promote development and rapid deployment of
innovative networking technologies.

PIF (Photonic Internet Forum, http://www.scat.or.jp/photonic/english/)
is a non-profit organization contributing to the progress of info-
communication technology to realize all optical ultra-high-speed
networks.

************************************************************************