Subject: RE: Addressing doc

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 18:54:12 +0200

richard, would it be possible to adapt the following sentence as well ?

"  A Path message is sent to the next hop node.  It is RECOMMENDED that
   the TE router ID of the next hop node be used as an IP destination
   address in the packet that carries the RSVP-TE message. "

as

"  A Path message is sent to the next hop node.  It is RECOMMENDED that
   a stable IP address of the next hop node be used as the IP destination
   address of the packet that carries the RSVP-TE message. This address
   MAY be the TE router ID of the next hop node or a reachable next-hop
   (stable) IP address."

Resv message destination address should be adapted along the same line, ...

by the way why scenarios that were not tested during this event are
de-facto "more complex" ?

---

Hi all,

The editors have been having various discussions with people about some of
their issues with this draft. In order to clarify a some points here are
some of the changes that we plan to make to the next version of the draft.
We hope this will help to clarify the draft.

1. In section 4.2.1, previous text:
   Alternatively, the tunnel end point address MAY also be set to the
destination data plane address if the ingress knows that address or the TE
Router ID.
New text:
   Alternatively, the tunnel end point address MAY also be set to the
destination data plane address if the ingress knows that address.

2. In section 4.2.2 previous text:
   Alternatively, the tunnel sender address MAY also be set to the sender
data plane address or the TE Router ID.
New text:
   Alternatively, the tunnel sender address MAY also be set to the sender
data plane address.

3. at the end of the introduction, we will add wording to the last line to
that effect:
Various more complex deployment scenarios can be constructed but these are
currently out of scope as the only GMPLS implementations encountered in
interoperability testing or in deployment have applied this relationship.
When new implementations that include any other relationship between
control plane and data plane entities are encountered, this document would
be enhanced as necessary.

---

From: "Richard Rabbat" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2005 13:43:37 -0400

Dimitri,

Yes, this will sync up the language.

As for "complex", the Merriam-Webster dictionary says:
Complex: 
1: a whole made up of complicated or interrelated parts 

In this draft, interrelated parts. 

The complex case may still be simple :)

Richard.

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] 
> [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2005 12:54 PM
> To: Richard Rabbat
> Cc: 'ccamp'; 'Kohei Shiomoto'; 'Richard Rabbat'; 'Rajiv Papneja'
> Subject: RE: Addressing doc
> 
> 
>