Subject: Fw: Enforcement of Updated IPR Boilerplate

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 21:19:48 +0100

Please be aware and update your new draft submissions accordingly.
Adrian
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "IETF Secretariat" <[email-masked]>
To: "IETF Announcement list" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, April 04, 2005 6:05 PM
Subject: Enforcement of Updated IPR Boilerplate

> As you may be aware, RFC 3667 (BCP 78), "IETF Rights in Contributions,"
> has been obsoleted by RFC 3978 (BCP 78), which was published in March
> 2005, and which bears the same title.  The major difference between the
> two RFCs is that the IPR-related notices and disclaimers that the IETF
> requires in all Internet-Drafts have been updated to correct anomalies.
>
> The updated versions of the required notices and disclaimers are
specified
> in Section 5, "Notices Required in IETF Documents," of RFC 3978, and in
> Section 3, "IPR-Related Notices Required in Internet-Drafts," of the
> recently revised "Guidelines to Authors of Internet-Drafts"
> (http://www.ietf.org/ietf/1id-guidelines.html).  The "Guidelines"
document
> also provides additional guidance regarding the placement of these
notices.
>
> Currently, the IETF Secretariat accepts and posts Internet-Drafts that
> include *either* the RFC 3667 or the RFC 3978 version of these notices.
> However, as of 17:00 ET on Friday May 6, 2005, the Secretariat will
> accept *only* those Internet-Drafts that comply with the requirements
> of RFC 3978, and with the most recent version of the "Guidelines"
> document.
>
> Please note that the required notices and disclaimers must be reproduced
> verbatim since they have been legally reviewed and formally adopted as
part
> of the IETF process.  The Secretariat will not accept deviations from
the
> specified text, nor will it correct the text.  Any documents that do not
> comply with the requirements will be returned to the submitter.
>
> The IETF Secretariat

---

From: Kireeti Kompella <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 14:12:55 -0700 (PDT)

> Please be aware and update your new draft submissions accordingly.

For those using xml2rfc, there is a new version that has the new
boilerplate.

Kireeti.
-------