Subject: Further liaison from ITU-T on ASON Lexicography

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 17:07:41 +0100

Hi,

We have received a second liaison from Study Group 15 of the ITU-T on the
ASON lexicography.

The liaison is marked for Action, but no specific action is requested.

I will send a response liaison to query this.

If anyone wishes to review the two appendixes on IETF terms in the
referenced Recommendation, then I am sure that SG15 would welcome the
feedback.

As with all incoming liaisons, this is posted at
http://www.olddog.co.uk/incoming.htm and will be placed on the IETF's
liaison Web site.

Adrian

=========
Title: Reply on GMPLS/ASON Lexicography
From : ITU-T SG15, Q3/15
Contacts: Hiroshi Ohta ([email-masked])
For: Action
Deadline: August 31, 2005

Thank you for your information on your Internet-Draft on GMPLS/ASON
Lexicography.  We would like to explain the status within ITU-T SG15
concerning the GMPLS/ASON development.

To facilitate readers in using ASON terminology, ITU-T has developed
Recommendation G.8081/Y.1353, which is intended to be a single normative
source for terms in ASON area. G.8081/Y.1353 included two Appendices,
which are named:

- Definitions found in documents from other organizations related, and
- Abbreviations and Acronyms found in documents from other organizations
related.

Among terms listed in these two appendices, most are from IETF. Of course,
due to the availability of documents and progress of the work related the
coverage of these appendixes is not complete, and updates to them are
needed. To avoid misleading, the two appendices cited exactly what the
original documents stated for particular term as a definition listed
explicitly with no extra words.

All terms and Abbreviations are listed in Alphabetical order in
G.8081/Y.1353 including those in its appendices as this would be
convenient for readers to look up.

We appreciate the continuous exchange of information between us for
consistent development.