Subject: Liaison from ITU-T on ASON Lexicography

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Jun 2005 17:06:53 +0100

Hi,

We have received the following liaison from Study Group 15 of the ITU-T.

The liaison is for comment so we must respond. We will obviously want to
take the review comments on board when we revise the I-D.

As with all incoming liaisons, this is posted at
http://www.olddog.co.uk/incoming.htm and will be placed on the IETF's
liaison Web site.

You can find the attachment there as well.

Adrian

=========
Title: Reply to liaison on GMPLS/ASON Lexicography
From : ITU-T SG15, Q12/15 and Q14/15
Contacts: Malcolm Betts ([email-masked])
          Hing-Kam Lam ([email-masked])
For: Comment

Q12/15 thanks the CCAMP working group for the liaison of the
Internet-Draft written to capture and progress the output of the
terminology discussions held under our auspices in Holmdel earlier this
year (draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ason-lexicography-02.txt).  The draft is a
very useful step toward developing a common understanding of GMPLS terms
in order to apply GMPLS in an ASON context.

Q12/15 has partially reviewed and discussed the draft.  There was not
sufficient time in this meeting to complete this review and discussion;
however, the results achieved have been recorded in the attached revised
draft which Q12/15 submits for CCAMP consideration. The proposed revisions
have been made with the following understanding:

- The purpose of the document is to enable those familiar with ASON to
understand
  GMPLS terminology in an ASON context
- GMPLS terms are described informally in the document in a way that is
generally
  consistent with GMPLS (existing RFCs and work in progress)
- Based on these descriptions, interpretations of these GMPLS terms in
ASON
  terminology are provided
- CCAMP has primarily responsibility for the descriptions of GMPLS terms
- Q12/15 has responsibility to provide input to the GMPLS-ASON
interpretations
  (based on the descriptions in this draft)

Q12/15 looks forward to continued exchange on this topic.  The work will
be progressed via correspondence on the Q12/15 mailing list and liaison if
required.  Q12/15 would appreciate future liaison of this draft and will
provide further review and comment as a response.

To assist in this joint effort, Mr. Ben Mack-Crane will act as SG15
representative to IETF CCAMP WG on the GMPLS-ASON lexicography draft.