Subject: RFC 4558 on Node-ID Based Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP) Hello: A Clarification Statement

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 15 Jun 2006 17:43:24 -0700

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4558

        Title:      Node-ID Based Resource Reservation Protocol 
                    (RSVP) Hello: A Clarification Statement 
        Author:     Z. Ali, R. Rahman,
                    D. Prairie, D. Papadimitriou
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       June 2006
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 14185
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-rsvp-node-id-based-hello-02.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4558.txt

Use of Node-ID based Resource Reservation Protocol (RSVP) Hello
messages is implied in a number of cases, e.g., when data and control
planes are separated, when TE links are unnumbered.  Furthermore, when
link level failure detection is performed by some means other than
exchanging RSVP Hello messages, use of a Node-ID based Hello session is
optimal for detecting signaling adjacency failure for Resource
reSerVation Protocol-Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE).  Nonetheless, this
implied behavior is unclear, and this document formalizes use of
the Node-ID based RSVP Hello session in some scenarios.  The procedure
described in this document applies to both Multi-Protocol Label
Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) capable nodes.  [STANDARDS 
TRACK]

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and 
suggestions for improvements.Please refer to the current edition of the 
Internet Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization 
state and status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is 
unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

Joyce K. Reynolds and Sandy Ginoza
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...