Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-ccamp-inter-domain-pd-path-comp-03.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 3 Sep 2006 19:59:00 +0200

question about this doc - section 4 (where the real story starts)

"If the loose next-hop is not present in the TED, the following
   conditions MUST be checked:

   - If the IP address of the next hop boundary LSR is outside of the
   current domain,

   - If the domain is PSC (Packet Switch Capable) and uses in-band
   control channel

   If the two conditions above are satisfied then the boundary LSR
   SHOULD check if the next-hop has IP reachability (via IGP or BGP)."

what if one of these condition doesn't hold (?)

in the following case X --- [ASBR1 -...- ABR1 -...- ABR2 -...- ASBR2] -- 
[ASBR3 --..-- ASBR4] 

ASBR1 receives ASBR4 [loose], the IP address of the so called "next hop 
boundary LSR" is inside the domain if we refer to the AS but within domain 
if referring to the Area => the draft says "current" domain ... what does 
it mean ?

ABR1 is locally known to ASBR1, ASBR4 (loose next hop) is outside domain 
... does that generate any failure ? i don't think so 

if authors/others could clarify ?

ps: on the structure of this doc - if section 3 could concentrate on 
working assumptions and put examples (and other tutorial material) in 
appendix this would be helpful in facilitating reading

-d.

[email-masked]
30/08/2006 21:50
Please respond to internet-drafts
 
        To:     [email-masked]
        cc:     [email-masked]
        Subject:        I-D 
ACTION:draft-ietf-ccamp-inter-domain-pd-path-comp-03.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.
This draft is a work item of the Common Control and Measurement Plane 
Working Group of the IETF.

                 Title                           : A Per-domain path 
computation method for 
                          establishing Inter-domain Traffic 
                          Engineering (TE) Label Switched Paths (LSPs)
                 Author(s)               : J. Vasseur, et al.
                 Filename                : 
draft-ietf-ccamp-inter-domain-pd-path-comp-03.txt
                 Pages                           : 21
                 Date                            : 2006-8-30
 
This document specifies a per-domain path computation technique for
establishing inter-domain Traffic Engineering (TE) Multiprotocol
Label Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Label Switched
Paths (LSPs).  In this document a domain refers to a collection of
network elements within a common sphere of address management or path
computational responsibility such as IGP areas and Autonomous
Systems.  Per-domain computation applies where the full path of an
inter-domain TE LSP cannot be or is not determined at the ingress
node of the TE LSP, and is not signaled across domain boundaries.
This is most likely to arise owing to TE visibility limitations.  The
signaling message indicates the destination and nodes up to the next
domain boundary.  It may also indicate further domain boundaries or
domain identifiers.  The path through each domain, possibly including
the choice of exit point from the domain, must be determined within
the domain.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-inter-domain-pd-path-comp-03.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-ietf-ccamp-inter-domain-pd-path-comp-03.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
                 [email-masked].
In the body type:
                 "FILE 
/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-inter-domain-pd-path-comp-03.txt".
 
NOTE:            The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
                 MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use 
this
                 feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the 
"FILE"
                 command.  To decode the response(s), you will need 
"munpack" or
                 a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant 
mail readers
                 exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
                 "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been 
split
                 up into multiple messages), so check your local 
documentation on
                 how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
ftp://[email-masked]/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-inter-domain-pd-path-comp-03.txt
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce