Subject: Re: I-D ACTION:draft-caviglia-ccamp-pc-spc-grsvpte-ext-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2007 11:22:31 +0100

a couple of comments on this doc:

- why is applicability restricted to SPC ? any reason ? (GMPLS base 
mechanisms are not interface specific) 

- is the mechanism applicable to any LSP type - unclear from section 4.1

note: two first point may be treated in the initial doc (about motivation, 
pb statement, etc.)

- not sure to capture clearing procedure of the H flag (is R bit set ?) 
not sure to understand the following process "Handover flag is cleared in 
Path/Resv state block of the involved LSP, only by reception of 
ResvConfirm message (or Resv message, if ResvConfirm is not supported)."

- the PSR flag is ok in the Path msg/Error_Spec but you will have to 
detail the information in error as part of this object

- processing in case of failure during Resv exchanges not detailed (i 
understand the latter is used to commit the downstream check) 

- how to tackle false positive, the management plane info is correct but 
mis-matching with actual data plane resources two cases can occur an error 
which then ok but if these resources are used by another LSP the control 
plane is permanently pinning an error

- in any case, you may have to run a test (T bit) to verify control plane 
against data plane after hand-over completes

thx,
- d.

[email-masked]
09/02/2007 00:50
Please respond to internet-drafts
 
        To:     [email-masked]
        cc: 
        Subject:        I-D 
ACTION:draft-caviglia-ccamp-pc-spc-grsvpte-ext-00.txt

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

                 Title                           : GRSVP-TE Signaling 
Extension For The 
                          Conversion Between Permanent Connections And
                          Soft Permanent Connections In A GMPLS enabled 
Transport Network
                 Author(s)               : D. Caviglia, et al.
                 Filename                : 
draft-caviglia-ccamp-pc-spc-grsvpte-ext-00.txt
                 Pages                           : 13
                 Date                            : 2007-2-8
 
   In a transport network scenario, where Data Plane connections 
   controlled either by GMPLS (Soft Permanent Connections - SPC) or by 
   Management System (Permanent Connections - PC) may independently 
   coexist, the ability of transforming an existing PC into a SPC and 
   vice versa - without actually affecting Data Plane traffic being 
   carried over it - is a valuable option. This applies especially when 
   a GMPLS based Control Plane is first introduced into an existing 
   network and there may be the need, from a Carrier point of view, to 
   pass under GMPLS control existing connections already set up over 
   Data Plane. In other terms, such operation could be seen as a way of 
   transferring the ownership and control of an existing and in-use Data 
   Plane connection between the Management Plane and the Control Plane, 
   leaving its Data Plane state untouched. 
   This memo provides a minor extension to GRSVP-TE signaling protocol, 
   within GMPLS architecture, to enable such transfer of ownership and 
   describes the proposed procedures. 

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-caviglia-ccamp-pc-spc-grsvpte-ext-00.txt

To remove yourself from the I-D Announcement list, send a message to 
[email-masked] with the word unsubscribe in the body of 
the message. 
You can also visit https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/I-D-announce 
to change your subscription settings.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP. Login with the 
username "anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address. After 
logging in, type "cd internet-drafts" and then 
"get draft-caviglia-ccamp-pc-spc-grsvpte-ext-00.txt".

A list of Internet-Drafts directories can be found in
http://www.ietf.org/shadow.html 
or ftp://ftp.ietf.org/ietf/1shadow-sites.txt

Internet-Drafts can also be obtained by e-mail.

Send a message to:
                 [email-masked].
In the body type:
                 "FILE 
/internet-drafts/draft-caviglia-ccamp-pc-spc-grsvpte-ext-00.txt".
 
NOTE:            The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
                 MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use 
this
                 feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the 
"FILE"
                 command.  To decode the response(s), you will need 
"munpack" or
                 a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant 
mail readers
                 exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
                 "multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been 
split
                 up into multiple messages), so check your local 
documentation on
                 how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.
ftp://[email-masked]/internet-drafts/draft-caviglia-ccamp-pc-spc-grsvpte-ext-00.txt
_______________________________________________
I-D-Announce mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/i-d-announce

---

From: "Diego Caviglia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 10:20:35 +0100

Hi Dimitri,
            thanks for your quick review!

We'll address your comments in next revision.

Regards

Diego

[email-masked]@ops.ietf.org on 10/02/2007 11.22.31

Sent by:    [email-masked]

To:    <[email-masked]>
cc:

Subject:    Re: I-D ACTION:draft-caviglia-ccamp-pc-spc-grsvpte-ext-00.txt

thx,
- d.

[email-masked]
09/02/2007 00:50

Send a message to:
                 [email-masked].
In the body type:
                 "FILE