Subject: draft-xie-ccamp-lsp-dppm-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Feb 2007 16:00:17 +0800

Dear all,

We have posted an new I-D: draft-xie-ccamp-lsp-dppm-00.txt.  Any comments for this are solicited! The following is the abstract of this I-D, and please refer the attachment for details.

Abstract

   Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) is one of the most
   promising candidate technologies for the future data transmission
   network.  The GMPLS has been developed to control and cooperate
   different kinds of network elements, such as conventional routers,
   switches, Dense Wavelength Division Multiplexing (DWDM) systems, Add-
   Drop Multiplexors (ADMs), photonic cross-connects (PXCs), optical
   cross-connects (OXCs), etc.  Dynamic provisioning ability of these
   physically diverse devices differs from each other drastically.  At
   the same time, the need for dynamically provisioned connections is
   increasing because optical networks are being deployed in metro area.
   As different applications have varied requirements in the
   provisioning performance of optical networks, it is imperative to
   define standardized metrics and procedures such that the performance
   of networks and application needs can be mapped to each other.

   This document provides a series of performance metrics to evaluate
   the dynamic LSP provisioning performance in GMPLS networks,
   specifically the dynamical LSP setup/release performance.  These
   metrics can depict the features of the GMPLS network in LSP dynamic
   provisioning.

Best regards,

Guowu Xie Shanghai Jiao Tong University
800 Dongchuan Road
Shanghai  200240 CN
Phone: +86 21 3420 4596
Email: [email-masked]