Subject: support

From: Sophia K. Beltran <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 03:44:46 -0800

htmlYou'll find a long, irreverent and fascinating profile of
biogerontologist Aubrey de Grey at Popular Science today. The financial
situation is so dire, the company has at times been unable to afford
basic office supplies.

They converge and interact with each other. This is a terrible state of
affairs for all of us, given the future of age-related disease and
degeneration that we face - but the Methuselah Foundation initiatives
are a step in the right direction.

Jay Olshansky last week as a part of their ongoing series on aging. The
objective is to replace dead cells with healthy ones and in this way
restore functions that have been lost.

But instead of raging impotently against age-related biological decay,
he set out to do something about it .

With this in mind, it's good to see that Sirtris Pharmaceuticals has
secured a fair-sized A round of funding, following on from the seed
round only a few months back.

The problem is, it's so healthy, that those of us outside California are
pretty concerned.

phpDiscussions were held, but it still looks like a vote could go either
way. Understanding the aging brain and developing regenerative medicine
that works in situ is vital. "A group of well-respected scientists and
theorists take on the biological and philosophical arguments against
radically extending the human life span.

Encourage the people you know to pitch in and make a difference to the
future of health and longevity!

It's clear that the transplanted cells aren't growing, as we once hoped,
into heart cells.

The recent history of supplements is littered with substances that did
well in the lab, but do nothing when ingested as pills, or whose
supposed benefits were later invalidated.

Here, the Boston Herald looks at work on clams and its relevance to
future medicine: "The clam eggs are the key. "We instead found that
senescence was a mosaic of traits.

New Cause Of Mental Decline? If more of us step forward to support
longevity science, the future of healthy life extension for all can be
brought closer.

Jay Olshansky last week as a part of their ongoing series on aging. A UN
ban would lend support to those groups attempting to force a ban in the
US. "Elixir Pharmaceuticals, Inc. If you have opinions or suggestions on
this topic, please do jump in and comment in the following post at Fight
Aging!