Subject: ITU-T Q.14/15 alignment with ITU-T SG13 work

From: "Ong, Lyndon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 04:19:23 -0400

Hi Folks,
 
Monique had asked if the equipment specifications work in Q.14/15 in
ITU-T on Ethernet-over-Transport
and T-MPLS was in alignment with the work in ITU-T SG13 on the same
subjects.  I received the following
response from the Rapporteur for Q.14:
 
The EoT and T-MPLS works in SG15 are in alignment with Q5/13, in
particular, with Y.17TOM (T-MPLS OAS Mechanism) and Y.1731 (OAM
functions and mechanisms for Ethernet based networks).
 
Cheers,
 
L. Ong

---

From: Monique Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 04:53:08 -0400

Thanks Lyndon!

/m

On 22/3/07 4:19 am, "Ong, Lyndon" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Hi Folks,
>  
> Monique had asked if the equipment specifications work in Q.14/15 in ITU-T on
> Ethernet-over-Transport
> and T-MPLS was in alignment with the work in ITU-T SG13 on the same subjects.
> I received the following
> The EoT and T-MPLS works in SG15 are in alignment with Q5/13, in particular,
> with Y.17TOM (T-MPLS OAS Mechanism) and Y.1731 (OAM functions and mechanisms
> for Ethernet based networks).
>  
> Cheers,
>  
> L. Ong
>

---

From: Huub van Helvoort <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 10:20:21 +0100

Hello Lyndon,

You wrote:

> ITU-T on Ethernet-over-Transport and T-MPLS was in alignment with
> the work in ITU-T SG13 on the same subjects. 

To avoid more confusion:
The equipment specifications are G.8021 for Transport Ethernet
and G.8121 for T-MPLS. Both are developed in Q9/15.

Q14/15 is responsible for the management and control of that
system/equipment, i.e. G.EOT_mgmt and G.tmpls_mgmt

> I received the
> following response from the Rapporteur for Q.14:
> 

Cheers, Huub.

-- 
================================================================
                   http://www.van-helvoort.eu/
================================================================
Always remember that you are unique...just like everyone else...

---

From: Monique Morrow <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 06:01:28 -0400

My question was more specific to the OAM requirements for T-MPLS as
presented by Lyndon in his liaison report

Will these be different from those sourced in Q5/13?

Monique