Subject: New Liaison Statement, "Liaison statement to ccamp regarding work on calls and Vcat/LCAS"

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 14:08:11 -0000

Hi,

We have received a second liaison statement from Question 14 of Study Group 
15 of the IETF.

This can be seen at www.olddog.co.uk/ccamp.htm

We are asked to respond by 2nd April 2007

> Title: Liaison statement to ccamp regarding work on calls and Vcat/LCAS
> Submission Date: 2007-03-14
> URL of the IETF Web page: 
> https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/liaison_detail.cgi?detail_id=306
> Attachment(s):
>     text of liaison 
> (https://datatracker.ietf.org/documents/LIAISON/file407.doc)

We understand that IETF ccamp is currently progressing towards RFC status:
Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) RSVP-TE Signaling Extensions in support of Calls
 - draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-rsvp-te-call-04.txt

Section 2.1 of this draft states:
“2.1 Applicability to ASON

[RFC4139] details the requirements on GMPLS signaling to satisfy the ASON 
architecture described in [G.8080]. The mechanisms described in this 
document meet the requirements for Calls as described in Sections 4.2 and 
4.3 of [RFC4139] and the additional Call-related requirements in Sections 
4.4, 4.7, 5 and 6 of [RFC4139].

[ASON-APPL] describes the applicability of GMPLS protocols to the ASON 
architecture.”

Since ITU-T SG 15 has responsibility for the ASON architecture, we would 
appreciate the opportunity to review this draft and provide our comments 
before it is published as an RFC.  We would also appreciate a view from IETF 
ccamp on how this draft would be applied in the context of an ASON network, 
in particular how the ASON requirements are supported.

Additionally, we observe with interest the progress on the draft:
Operating Virtual Concatenation (VCAT) and the Link Capacity Adjustment 
Scheme (LCAS) with Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS)
 - draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-vcat-lcas-01.txt

This draft uses mechanisms defined by ITU-T SG 15 in Recommendations G.7041 
and G.7042 and is also applicable to an ASON network.  Therefore, we would 
appreciate having an opportunity to review and provide input on this draft 
from an architectural perspective before it is published as an RFC.

An electronic copy of this liaison statement is available at:
http://ties.itu.int/u/tsg15/sg15/xchange/wp3/q14/0702/wd/wd38r4_ls_ccamp.doc