Subject: GELS slides - comments

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 24 Mar 2007 11:14:43 +0100

o) slide 2 - draft-andersson (rev.01)

"   o  Routing Protocol - OSPF-TE, we are running the OSPF-TE exactly as
      implemented by the Dragon project."

-> are there more details available ? more importantly which TE 
information are carried that are of use for explicit route (computation, 
selection, etc.)

section 3.3 suggest to make use of the LSP ATTRIBUTE object (that provides 
the flexibility of adding vectors of flags) - resource affinity can be 
still used per 3209

section 3.4 not sure to understand the purpose of using the suggested 
label as described

o) slide 9 - bw reservation i would suggest parking this item in the more 
general context (to prevent specialization)

o) slide 13 and slide 14 - clearly indicate the need supporting edge to 
edge ethernet LSP provisioning (explicit label control on the egress LSR)

o) more generically for all mechanisms put in place for 802.1q and related 
(B, PB, and PBB) there is a wider question is GMPLS appropriate for the 
support of "domain wide" labels - i am not arguing in favor or against - i 
am just trying to solicit discussion on implications

thanks,
-d.