Subject: New draft on wavelength switched optical networks

From: Greg Bernstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Jun 2007 10:39:29 -0700

Hi CCAMPer's and PCEr's, we have just published a new draft on the 
"Applicability of GMPLS and PCE to Wavelength Switched Optical 
Networks"  
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-bernstein-ccamp-wavelength-switched-00.txt 
.

This draft looks at optical networks that include tunable lasers and 
ROADM (reconfigurable optical add/drop multiplexers) with no or limited 
wavelength conversion capability (these components are defined in the 
draft). 
These limitations lead to the RWA (routing and wavelength assignment) 
problem which is a bit more demanding in terms of input information and 
computation than other constrained path computation problems.  In the 
draft we look at the implications for GMPLS signaling, GMPLS routing, 
and PCE protocols and suggest some potential extensions to better 
accommodate this application.

We'd appreciate feedback/collaboration on (a) overall interest in this 
application, (b) requirements discussions, and (c) solution/extension 
discussions.

Cheers

Greg B.

-- 
===================================================
Dr Greg Bernstein, Grotto Networking (510) 573-2237