Subject: Draft liaison for your review

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Jul 2007 04:56:59 +0100

Hi,

We propose to send the following liaison to the ITU-T to reopen the 
conversation on ASON Routing Requirements.

Please let us know if we should change any of the wording.

Thanks,
Adrian and Deborah

===

To: ITU-T SG15
From: CCAMP Working Group
For Comment

The IETF CCAMP working group has become aware from the chair of ITU-T
Study Group 15 Working Party 3 that there are concerns within ITU-T Study
Group 15 regarding the correlation of the IETF RFCs and corresponding ITU
Recommendations.

The specific RFCs in question are:

RFC 4258
Requirements for Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS)
Routing for the Automatically Switched Optical Network (ASON)
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4258.txt

RFC 4652
Evaluation of Existing Routing Protocols against Automatic Switched
Optical Network (ASON) Routing Requirements
http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc4652.txt

We believe that there may have been some developments in the ITU-T
Recommendations (especially G.7715, G.7715.1, G.7715.2, and G.8080) that
may result in desired updates to the RFCs. We also understand that there
may be some long-standing concerns about some technical details in the
RFCs.

In the former case we would welcome pointers to the relevant sections in
the documents, and your analysis of what we should do with the
referenced material.

In the latter case we would appreciate a restatement of the concerns.
Given the previous attempts to ensure correlation between the work
of the two bodies, we would suggest that it may be advantageous to
present these concerns in new words, and providing as much
technical detail as possible.

Many thanks for your consideration of this issue.

Adrian Farrel and Deborah Brungard
IETF CCAMP Working Group Co-Chairs