Subject: RFC 4990 on Use of Addresses in Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 6 Sep 2007 08:55:27 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 4990

        Title:      Use of Addresses in Generalized 
                    Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Networks 
        Author:     K. Shiomoto, R. Papneja,
                    R. Rabbat
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       September 2007
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 50908
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-addressing-08.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc4990.txt

This document clarifies the use of addresses in Generalized
Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) networks.  The aim is to
facilitate interworking of GMPLS-capable Label Switching Routers
(LSRs).  The document is based on experience gained in implementation,
interoperability testing, and deployment.

The document describes how to interpret address and identifier fields
within GMPLS protocols, and how to choose which addresses to set in
those fields for specific control plane usage models.  It also
discusses how to handle IPv6 sources and destinations in the MPLS and
GMPLS Traffic Engineering (TE) Management Information Base (MIB)
modules.

This document does not define new procedures or processes.  Whenever
this document makes requirements statements or recommendations, these
are taken from normative text in the referenced RFCs.  This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community. 
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution
of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF list and the RFC-DIST list.
Requests to be added to or deleted from the IETF distribution list
should be sent to [email-masked].  Requests to be
added to or deleted from the RFC-DIST distribution list should
be sent to [email-masked].

Details on obtaining RFCs via FTP or EMAIL may be obtained by sending
an EMAIL message to [email-masked] with the message body 

help: ways_to_get_rfcs. For example:

        To: [email-masked]
        Subject: getting rfcs

        help: ways_to_get_rfcs

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

Submissions for Requests for Comments should be sent to
[email-masked].  Please consult RFC 2223, Instructions to RFC
Authors, for further information.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute

...