Subject: Fw: liaison to IETF (ccamp, MPLS, BFD, PWE3, and L3VPN) on MFA Forum MPLS ICI

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 7 Sep 2007 22:57:09 +0100

Hi,

Here is another liaison from the MFA Forum.

This one asks for our review of a new specification, but gives no deadline 
for the review.

See the liaison and the specification at www.olddog.co.uk/ccamp.htm

Cheers,
Adrian
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "J. Rao Cherukuri" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; 
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; "Ronald Bonica" 
<[email-masked]>; "Stewart Bryant (stbryant)" <[email-masked]>; 
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; "George Swallow 
(swallow)" <[email-masked]>; "Loa Andersson" <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Ross Callon" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; 
<[email-masked]>; "David Sinicrope (RL/TNT)" 
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; "Bocci, 
Matthew (Matthew)" <[email-masked]>; "J. Rao Cherukuri" 
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2007 1:28 AM
Subject: liaison to IETF (ccamp, MPLS, BFD, PWE3, and L3VPN) on MFA Forum 
MPLS ICI

Dear All,

The MFA Forum is currently working on an MPLS Inter-Carrier Interconnect
(MPLS-ICI) specification to support IP VPNs, MPLS Pseudo Wires, Data
Trunks, and VoIP. This specification is being driven by the MFA Forum
service provider members.

The objective of this Technical Specification is to enable a set of MPLS
services, across administrative domains operated by different carriers.
The MPLS ICI is a bi-directional IP-MPLS logical link between an
Autonomous System Border Router (ASBR) in one service provider network
and an ASBR in another service provider network.

This document is targeted to equipment vendors to specify the necessary
ASBR requirements and to service providers to provide guidance on how to
use these capabilities. This document uses protocols developed in
appropriate standard bodies (e.g., IETF, ITU) where applicable.

This document is in our first level ballot procedure.

Please review and provide comments.

Thank you for your consideration of this matter.

Cordially,

David Sinicrope,
A&D Chair, MFA Forum

Rao Cherukuri
Chairman, MFA Forum Technical Committee
(draft MPLS ICI)

---

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 8 Sep 2007 13:32:50 +0100

FYI,

The MFA would like a response to their liaison by 18th October.

Adrian
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "David Sinicrope (RL/TNT)" <[email-masked]>
To: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>; "J. Rao Cherukuri" 
<[email-masked]>
Cc: "Ross Callon" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; 
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; "Bocci, Matthew 
(Matthew)" <[email-masked]>; 
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; 
<[email-masked]>; "Ronald Bonica" <[email-masked]>; 
"Stewart Bryant (stbryant)" <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; 
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; "George Swallow (swallow)" 
<[email-masked]>; "Loa Andersson" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2007 11:28 PM
Subject: RE: liaison to IETF (ccamp, MPLS, BFD, PWE3, and L3VPN) on MFA 
Forum MPLS ICI

Hi Adrian,
Our next MFA Forum Technical Committee meeting is scheduled for October
22-26.  If at all possible, we would like to have comments and feedback
from the IETF by 10/18/2007 so that we could review and address them
during that meeting.  I realize that for the size of the document a
little over 5 weeks for review and comment is very short notice.

If not by 10/18/2007, then as soon as possible afterwards would help us.
We are aiming to complete the document by year end and would need to
have IETF feedback resolved and incorporated by the end of November at
the latest to meet that goal.

Please feel free to contact me with any other questions you may have.

Thank-you for your help and support.
Best Regards,
David

-----Original Message-----
From: Adrian Farrel [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, September 07, 2007 5:44 PM
To: J. Rao Cherukuri; David Sinicrope (RL/TNT)
Cc: Ross Callon; [email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; Bocci, Matthew (Matthew);
[email-masked]; [email-masked];
[email-masked]; Ronald Bonica; Stewart Bryant
(stbryant); [email-masked]; [email-masked]; [email-masked]; George
Swallow (swallow); Loa Andersson
Subject: Re: liaison to IETF (ccamp, MPLS, BFD, PWE3, and L3VPN) on MFA
Forum MPLS ICI

Rao, David,

> Please review and provide comments.

Please suggest an appropriate timescale for review feedback.

Thanks,
Adrian

----- Original Message -----
From: "J. Rao Cherukuri" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>;
Matthew (Matthew)" <[email-masked]>; "J. Rao
Cherukuri"
Subject: liaison to IETF (ccamp, MPLS, BFD, PWE3, and L3VPN) on MFA
Forum MPLS ICI

Dear All,

Cordially,

David Sinicrope,

A&D Chair, MFA Forum

Rao Cherukuri

(draft MPLS ICI)