Subject: CCAMP Proposed Recharter

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Sep 2007 10:09:27 +0100

Hi Ross and Dave,

Please propose the attached recharter to the IESG for approval. Can 
you get it onto the agenda for this Thursday? Probably missed it :-(

Thanks,
Adrian and Deborah

===

First paragraph

OLD
The CCAMP working group coordinates the work within the IETF defining
a common control plane and a separate common measurement plane for
physical path and core tunneling technologies of Internet and telecom
service providers (ISPs and SPs), e.g. O-O and O-E-O optical switches,
ATM and Frame Relay switches, MPLS, GRE, in cooperation with the MPLS
WG.

NEW
The CCAMP working group coordinates the work within the IETF defining
a common control plane and a separate common measurement plane for
physical path and core tunneling technologies of Internet and telecom
service providers (ISPs and SPs), e.g. O-O and O-E-O optical switches,
TDM switches, Ethernet switches, ATM and Frame Relay switches, IP 
encapsulation tunneling technologies, and MPLS in cooperation with the
MPLS WG.

===

New paragraph in the list of Scope bullets.
Suggest to place it after:
"- Definition of MIB modules and other OAM techniques relevant to the
   protocols and extensions specified within the WG."
and before:
"CCAMP WG currently works on the following tasks:"

- Work on traffic-engineering GMPLS mechanisms and protocol
  extensions to support source-controlled and explicitly-routed
  Ethernet data paths for Ethernet data planes that are already
  approved by an SDO with responsibility for the Ethernet data
  plane. It is expected that the primary SDO in this case is the
  IEEE. Note that the specification or modification of Ethernet data
  planes is out of scope.

===

Final paragraph

OLD
In doing this work, the WG will work closely with at least the
following other WGs: MPLS, ISIS, OSPF, IDR, L1VPN and PCE. The WG
will also cooperate with the ITU-T.

NEW
In doing this work, the WG will work closely with at least the
following other WGs: MPLS, ISIS, OSPF, IDR, L1VPN, and PCE. The
WG will also cooperate with the ITU-T and the IEEE 802.1.

===

Milestone revisions (see below for full revised milestone list)

OLD
  Jan 2006    First version WG I-D for Protocol solutions for MLN/MRN
NEW
  Sep 2007    First version WG I-D for Protocol solutions for MLN/MRN
---
OLD
  Mar 2006    First version WG I-D GMPLS OAM Requirements
NEW
  Sep 2007    First version WG I-D GMPLS OAM Requirements
---
OLD
  Apr 2006    First version of WG I-D for additional MIB module to
              cover RSVP-TE signaling extensions
NEW
  Nov 2007    First version of WG I-D for additional MIB module to
              cover RSVP-TE signaling extensions
---
OLD
  Jun 2006    Submit Informational I-D for Analysis of inter-domain
              issues for disjoint and protected paths for IESG review
NEW
  Oct 2007    Submit Informational I-D for Analysis of inter-domain
              issues for disjoint and protected paths for IESG review
---
OLD
  Oct 2006    Submit MPLS to GMPLS migration strategies I-D for IESG
              review
NEW
  Sep 2007    Submit MPLS-TE to GMPLS migration strategies I-D for
              IESG review
---
OLD
  Nov 2006    Submit ASON Routing solutions I-D for IESG review
NEW
  Jan 2008    Submit ASON Routing solutions I-D for IESG review
---
OLD
  Dec 2006    Submit Requirements for Multi-Layer and Multi-Region
              Networks I-D for IESG review
NEW
  Oct 2007    Submit Requirements for Multi-Layer and Multi-Region
              Networks I-D for IESG review
---
OLD
  Jan 2007    Submit MPLS-GMPLS interworking requirements and
              solutions I-D for IESG review
NEW
  Sep 2007    Submit MPLS-TE/GMPLS interworking requirements I-D for
              IESG review
---
OLD
  Feb 2007    Submit Evaluation of existing protocols for MLN/MRN for
              IESG review
NEW
  Oct 2007    Submit Evaluation of existing protocols for MLN/MRN for
              IESG review
---
OLD
  Mar 2007    Submit OSPF-TE/GMPLS MIB module for MIB doctor and IESG
              review
NEW
  Dec 2007    Submit OSPF-TE/GMPLS MIB module for MIB doctor and IESG
              review
---
OLD
  Jun 2007    Submit GMPLS OAM Requirements I-D for IESG review
NEW
  Feb 2008    Submit GMPLS OAM Requirements I-D for IESG review
---
OLD
  Aug 2007    Submit Protocol solutions for MLN/MRN I-D for IESG
              review
NEW
  Mar 2008    Submit Protocol solutions for MLN/MRN I-D for IESG
              review
---
OLD
  Dec 2007    Submit MIB module for RSVP-TE signaling extensions for
              MIB doctor and IESG review
NEW
  Apr 2008    Submit MIB module for RSVP-TE signaling extensions for
              MIB doctor and IESG review
---
OLD
  Dec 2007    Recharter or close Working Group
NEW
  Dec 2008    Recharter or close Working Group
---
NEW
  Oct 2007    First version WG I-Ds for GMPLS source-controlled and
              explicitly-routed Ethernet networks
---
NEW
  Sep 2008    Submit protocol extensions for GMPLS source-controlled
              and explicitly-routed Ethernet networks for IESG review

====

Goals and Milestones (full revised milestone list)

Done    Post strawman WG goals and charter
Done    Identify and document a limited set of candidate solutions
        for signalling and for measurement. Among candidate control
        solutions to be considered are the existing GMPLS drafts.
Done    Build appropriate design teams
Done    Submit WG document defining path setup portions of common
        control plane protocol
Done    Submit WG document defining common measurement plane protocol
Done    Submit LMP MIB to IESG
Done    Submit protection & restoration documents to IESG
Done    Submit ASON signaling requirements doc to IESG
Done    Submit GMPLS MIBs to IESG
Done    Produce CCAMP WG document for generic tunnel tracing protocol
Done    Produce CCAMP WG document for multi-area/AS signaling and
        routing
Done    Submit ASON routing requirements doc to IESG
Done    Submit revised charter and milestones to IESG for IESG
        consideration of more detailed deliverables and determination
        of usefulness of continuation of WG
Done    First version WG I-D for Advertising TE Node Capabilities in
        ISIS and OSPF
Done    First version WG I-D for Automatic discovery of MPLS-TE mesh
        membership
Done    Submit ASON Routing evaluation I-D for IESG review
Done    Cross-WG review of I-D for Advertising TE Node Capabilities in
        ISIS and OSPF
Done    First version WG I-D MPLS to GMPLS migration strategies
Done    First version WG I-D Requirements for Multi-Layer and Multi-
        Region Networks
Done    First version WG I-D for Evaluation of existing protocols for
        MLN/MRN
Done    First version of WG I-D for ASON Routing solutions
Done    Submit RSVP-TE extensions for inter-domain signaling I-D for
        IESG review
Done    Submit Per-domain path computation signaling I-D for IESG
        review
Done    First version of WG I-D for OSPF-TE/GMPLS MIB module
Done    Submit GMPLS signaling in support of Call Management I-D for
        IESG review
Done    First version WG Informational I-D for Analysis of inter-
        domain issues for disjoint and protected paths
Done    Submit I-D for Advertising TE Node Capabilities in ISIS and
        OSPF for IESG review
Done    Submit GMPLS/ASON lexicography I-D for IESG review
Done    First version WG I-D MPLS-GMPLS interworking requirements and
        solutions
Done    Submit LSP Stitching I-D for IESG review
Done    Submit I-D for Automatic discovery of MPLS-TE mesh membership
        for IESG review
Done    Submit GMPLS routing and signaling interoperability advice I-D
        for IESG review
Sep 2007    First version WG I-D for Protocol solutions for MLN/MRN
Sep 2007    First version WG I-D GMPLS OAM Requirements
Sep 2007    Submit MPLS-TE to GMPLS migration strategies I-D for IESG
            review
Sep 2007    Submit MPLS-TE/GMPLS interworking requirements I-D for
            IESG review
Oct 2007    First version WG I-Ds for GMPLS source-controlled and
            explicitly-routed Ethernet networks
Oct 2007    Submit Informational I-D for Analysis of inter-domain
            issues for disjoint and protected paths for IESG review
Oct 2007    Submit Requirements for Multi-Layer and Multi-Region
            Networks I-D for IESG review
Oct 2007    Submit Evaluation of existing protocols for MLN/MRN for
            IESG review
Nov 2007    First version of WG I-D for additional MIB module to
            cover RSVP-TE signaling extensions
Dec 2007    Submit OSPF-TE/GMPLS MIB module for MIB doctor and IESG
            review
Jan 2008    Submit ASON Routing solutions I-D for IESG review
Feb 2008    Submit GMPLS OAM Requirements I-D for IESG review
Mar 2008    Submit Protocol solutions for MLN/MRN I-D for IESG review
Apr 2008    Submit MIB module for RSVP-TE signaling extensions for
            MIB doctor and IESG review
Sep 2008    Submit protocol extensions for GMPLS source-controlled
            and explicitly-routed Ethernet networks for IESG review
Dec 2008    Recharter or close Working Group

====