Subject: Protocol Action: 'A Per-domain path computation method for establishing Inter-domain Traffic Engineering (TE) Label Switched Paths (LSPs)' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2007 17:03:14 -0500

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'A Per-domain path computation method for establishing Inter-domain 
   Traffic Engineering (TE) Label Switched Paths (LSPs) '
   <draft-ietf-ccamp-inter-domain-pd-path-comp-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ross Callon and David Ward.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-inter-domain-pd-path-comp-06.txt

Technical Summary
 
  This document specifies a per-domain path computation technique for
  establishing inter-domain Traffic Engineering (TE) Multiprotocol
  Label Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Label Switched
  Paths (LSPs). In this document a domain refers to a collection of
  network elements within a common sphere of address management or path
  computational responsibility such as IGP areas and Autonomous
  Systems.

  Per-domain computation applies where the full path of an inter-domain
  TE LSP cannot be or is not determined at the ingress node of the TE
  LSP, and is not signaled across domain boundaries. This is most
  likely to arise owing to TE visibility limitations. The signaling
  message indicates the destination and nodes up to the next domain
  boundary. It may also indicate further domain boundaries or domain
  identifiers. The path through each domain, possibly including the
  choice of exit point from the domain, must be determined within
  the domain.
 
Working Group Summary
 
  no dissent reported. There are other possible choices for inter-AS or
  inter-domain path computation (such as PCE). This document describes
  one choice. 
 
Protocol Quality
 
  Ross Callon reviewed the spec for the IESG. Adrian Farrel and Deborah
  Brungard (WG co-chairs) have also both reviewed the spec.