Subject: Dublin Draft Agenda

From: "BRUNGARD, DEBORAH A, ATTLABS" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 17 Jul 2008 20:43:12 -0400

Hi CCAMP,
 
We've uploaded a draft agenda:
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/08jul/agenda/ccamp.txt
 
Please let us know if we have missed anything.
 
Adrian and Deborah

---

From: Greg Bernstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2008 09:01:02 -0700

Hi Deborah and Adrian, for session I on Monday you've got me down for 15 
minutes to discuss the VCAT/LCAS draft. This is too generous ;-)
Was part of this time for Lou to discuss a general "call approach"? If 
not then I probably only need 10 minutes and will talk about an encoding 
based on the CALL_ATTRIBUTES object class, from the MLN extensions draft 
but using a new C-Type for VCAT/LCAS control.

Also for session II, the WSON signaling draft will be presented by Dan 
King. This is the merging of the two signaling drafts and the title of 
my submission was a bit more generic than Sugang's.

Regards

Greg

-- 
===================================================
Dr Greg Bernstein, Grotto Networking (510) 573-2237

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 15:38:31 -0400

I was going to cover use of CALL_ATTRIBUTES object in my time slots 
(12/13).  Can do otherwise/earlier if desired...

Lou

At 12:01 PM 7/18/2008, Greg Bernstein wrote:
>Hi Deborah and Adrian, for session I on Monday you've got me down 
>for 15 minutes to discuss the VCAT/LCAS draft. This is too generous ;-)
>Was part of this time for Lou to discuss a general "call approach"? 
>If not then I probably only need 10 minutes and will talk about an 
>encoding based on the CALL_ATTRIBUTES object class, from the MLN 
>extensions draft but using a new C-Type for VCAT/LCAS control.
>
>Also for session II, the WSON signaling draft will be presented by 
>Dan King. This is the merging of the two signaling drafts and the 
>title of my submission was a bit more generic than Sugang's.
>
>Regards
>
>Greg
>
>><http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/08jul/agenda/ccamp.txt>http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/08jul/agenda/ccamp.txt
>>

---

From: Greg Bernstein <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 10:44:24 -0700

Hi Lou, I'll just point out that were planning on using CALL_ATTRIBUTES 
for VCAT/LCAS signaling and will point out that you'll cover this in a 
more general context. And this approach is now in Deborah's updated agenda!

Greg

Lou Berger wrote:
>> Hi Deborah and Adrian, for session I on Monday you've got me down for 
>> 15 minutes to discuss the VCAT/LCAS draft. This is too generous ;-)

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Jul 2008 14:10:30 -0400

Sounds like a plan...

Lou

At 01:44 PM 7/22/2008, Greg Bernstein wrote:
>Hi Lou, I'll just point out that were planning on using 
>CALL_ATTRIBUTES for VCAT/LCAS signaling and will point out that 
>you'll cover this in a more general context. And this approach is 
>now in Deborah's updated agenda!
>
>Greg
>
>Lou Berger wrote:
>>>Was part of this time for Lou to discuss a general "call 
>>>approach"? If not then I probably only need 10 minutes and will 
>>>talk about an encoding based on the CALL_ATTRIBUTES object class, 
>>>from the MLN extensions draft but using a new C-Type for VCAT/LCAS control.
>>>

---

From: "Ong, Lyndon" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Jul 2008 16:31:46 -0400

Hi Lou,

The ether-svcs draft points to the CALL_ATTRIBUTES object to carry the
Ethernet endpoint identifier, while the mef-uni draft points to the
LSP_ATTRIBUTES object, is this intentionally different or something that
is going to be aligned in the future?

Also, do you have a pointer to a definition for
Ethernet endpoint identifier?  I took a quick look over G.8011 and MEF
10.1
and did not locate that particular term.  Is this intended to be a MAC
address or something else?

Thanks,

Lyndon 

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
Behalf Of Lou Berger
Sent: Monday, July 21, 2008 12:39 PM
To: Greg Bernstein
Cc: BRUNGARD, DEBORAH A, ATTLABS; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: Dublin Draft Agenda

Lou

At 12:01 PM 7/18/2008, Greg Bernstein wrote:
>15 minutes to discuss the VCAT/LCAS draft. This is too generous ;-) Was

>part of this time for Lou to discuss a general "call approach"?

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 00:29:50 +0100

Hi Lyndon,

See below.

>is going to be aligned in the future?

it's a bug, see http://www3.ietf.org/proceedings/08jul/slides/ccamp-9.ppt

>Ethernet endpoint identifier?

per the text:

    Ethernet endpoint identifiers, as they are defined in [G.8011] and
    [MEF10.1], differ significantly from the identifiers used by GMPLS.
    Specifically, the Ethernet endpoint identifiers are character based
    as apposed to the GMPLS norm of being IP address based.

and the UNI document:

    2.2. Ethernet Endpoint (UNI) Identification

    UNI identification, except as noted below, MUST follow Ethernet
    endpoint (UNI) identification as defined in [GMPLS-ESVCS]. There is
    one additional case that is covered in this document where the scope
    of the Ethernet endpoint identifier is relevant beyond the typical
    case of just ingress and egress nodes.

So it's "ethernet identification" in the generic document and UNI 
identification in the UNI document, which maps to the UNI 
ID/identifier in MEF/G.8011...

Lou

>I took a quick look over G.8011 and MEF
>10.1