Subject: Document Action: 'Evaluation of existing GMPLS Protocols against Multi Layer and Multi Region Networks (MLN/MRN)' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Jul 2008 01:22:04 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Evaluation of existing GMPLS Protocols against Multi Layer and Multi 
   Region Networks (MLN/MRN) '
   <draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mln-eval-06.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ross Callon and David Ward.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mln-eval-06.txt

Technical Summary

   This document provides an evaluation of Generalized Multi-Protocol
   Label Switching (GMPLS) protocols and mechanisms against the
   requirements for Multi-Layer Networks (MLN) and Multi-Region Networks
   (MRN). In addition, this document identifies areas where additional
   protocol extensions or procedures are needed to satisfy these
   requirements, and provides guidelines for potential extensions.

   This document is closely related to draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mln-reqs,
   which is on the same IESG telechat agenda. 

Working Group Summary

   No dissent reported. This document has had broad review. See 
   PROTO writeup by Adrian Farrel for more details. 

Document Quality

   This is an evaluation of existing GMPLS mechanisms against the 
   requirements described in draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mln-reqs. There
   is related ongoing work in the CCAMP working group. 

Personnel

   Adrian Farrel is the Document Shepherd for this document.  
   Ross Callon is the Responsible Area Director.  There are 
   no related IANA requirements (there is a null IANA section
   to make this clear).