Subject: RFC 5298 on Analysis of Inter-Domain Label Switched Path (LSP) Recovery

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 11:48:33 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5298

        Title:      Analysis of Inter-Domain Label Switched 
                    Path (LSP) Recovery 
        Author:     T. Takeda, Ed., A. Farrel, Ed.,
                    Y. Ikejiri, JP. Vasseur
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       August 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      26
        Characters: 59894
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-inter-domain-recovery-analysis-05.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5298.txt

Protection and recovery are important features of service offerings
in Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS)
networks.  Increasingly, MPLS and GMPLS networks are being extended
from single domain scope to multi-domain environments.

Various schemes and processes have been developed to establish Label
Switched Paths (LSPs) in multi-domain environments.  These are
discussed in RFC 4726: "A Framework for Inter-Domain Multiprotocol
Label Switching Traffic Engineering".

This document analyzes the application of these techniques to
protection and recovery in multi-domain networks.  The main focus for
this document is on establishing end-to-end diverse Traffic
Engineering (TE) LSPs in multi-domain networks.  This memo provides
information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute