Subject: R: Re: [mpls-tp] mpls-tp Dual stack DCN? (was MPLS over OTN)

From: "Diego Caviglia" <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 17:15:58 +0200

Stewart,
           I think i agree here.

Even if i'm coming from sdh i don'e see the need to hane osi capability
in brand new mpls-tp boxes.

Br

Diego

---

From: Dieter Beller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Aug 2008 11:07:58 +0200

... resent this mail because it did not appear on the mailing lists :-( .

Hi Diego,

Diego Caviglia wrote:

Stewart,
I think i agree here.

I actually do not fully agree here. If, due to historical reasons, the
existing DCN

is an OSI network and if the new MPLS-TP boxes will only understand IP
and have

to use the existing OSI-based DCN, then the new MPLS-TP boxes need to
support

at least tunneling of IP over CLNP tunnels. Otherwise, a dual stack DCN
would

indeed be needed (I am assuming here that the existing OSI-only DCN
cannot be

turned into an IP-only DCN).

Cheers,

Dieter

Br

Diego

--

--