Subject: RFC 5339 on Evaluation of Existing GMPLS Protocols against Multi-Layer and Multi-Region Networks (MLN/MRN)

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 14:34:10 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5339

        Title:      Evaluation of Existing GMPLS Protocols 
                    against Multi-Layer and Multi-Region Networks 
                    (MLN/MRN) 
        Author:     JL. Le Roux, Ed.,
                    D. Papadimitriou, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       September 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 53998
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mln-eval-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5339.txt

This document provides an evaluation of Generalized Multiprotocol
Label Switching (GMPLS) protocols and mechanisms against the
requirements for Multi-Layer Networks (MLNs) and Multi-Region Networks
(MRNs).  In addition, this document identifies areas where additional
protocol extensions or procedures are needed to satisfy these
requirements, and provides guidelines for potential extensions.  
This memo provides information for the Internet community.

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute