Subject: Fw: Liaison on ASON Routing Topics

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2008 05:24:11 +0100

FYI
----- Original Message ----- 
From: "Ross Callon" <[email-masked]>
To: <[email-masked]>
Cc: "Scott Bradner" <[email-masked]>; "IAB" <[email-masked]>; "Russ Housley" 
<[email-masked]>; <[email-masked]>; "Trowbridge, Stephen J 
(Steve)" <[email-masked]>; "Lam, Hing-Kam (Kam)" 
<[email-masked]>; "Malcolm Betts" <[email-masked]>; 
<[email-masked]>; "Brungard, Deborah A, ALABS" <[email-masked]>; "Adrian 
Farrel" <[email-masked]>; "Ross Callon" <[email-masked]>
Sent: Monday, September 15, 2008 10:18 PM
Subject: Liaison on ASON Routing Topics (with reference added)

Thank you for your liaison dated 2/29/08 about handling ASON routing
topics in a joint forum.

At the 71st IETF meeting in Philadelphia in March this year, we  held
an extra meeting to discuss the open issues related to ASON  routing,
and we are grateful to the ITU-T experts who attended,  some of them
travelling specially for this meeting. During the  meeting it was
agreed that work should commence on a revision of  RFC 4258 to
address the concerns raised by the ITU.

This work is being led by a team of volunteers with considerable ITU
and IETF experience, and can be discussed on an open mailing  list.
Subscription details can be found at
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ason-routing

For the moment, this work is under the care of the CCAMP working
group within the Routing Area of the IETF. Questions can be sent to
the Routing Area Directors:
  - Ross Callon ([email-masked])
  - Dave Ward ([email-masked] )
or to the CCAMP working group co-chairs:
  - Deborah Brungard ([email-masked])
  - Adrian Farrel ([email-masked])

We look forward to further cooperation between the ITU and IETF.

Sincerely,
Ross Callon
Dave Ward

Reference:

https://datatracker.ietf.org/liaison/428/