Subject: Protocol Action: 'OSPF Extensions in Support of Inter-AS Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Traffic Engineering' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 11:56:34 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'OSPF Extensions in Support of Inter-AS Multiprotocol Label Switching 
   (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Traffic Engineering '
   <draft-ietf-ccamp-ospf-interas-te-extension-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Ross Callon and David Ward.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-ospf-interas-te-extension-06.txt

Technical Summary

   This document describes extensions to the OSPF version 2 and 3
   protocols to support Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and
   Generalized MPLS (GMPLS) Traffic Engineering (TE) for multiple
   Autonomous Systems (ASes). OSPF-TE v2 and v3 extensions are defined
   for the flooding of TE information about inter-AS links which can be
   used to perform inter-AS TE path computation.

Working Group Summary

   WG has good consensus. The document was also last called in the 
   OSPF working group (as well as CCAMP) and comments resolved.  

Document Quality

   There is at least one implementation of the OSPF v2 extensions. No
   known implementation (yet) of the OSPF v3 extensions (ie, extensions
   to support IPv6). Document review by Acee Lindem deserves mention 
   for its care and thoroughness.

Personnel

   Adrian Farrel is the document shepherd. Ross Callon is the 
   responsible AD.