Subject: New draft of the framework and requirements for Composite Transport Group

From: "So, Ning" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 20:32:19 +0000

Dear all,

We have uploaded the draft of the framework and requirements for
Composite Transport Group.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-so-yong-mpls-ctg-framework-req
uirement-00.txt

Abstract

   This document states a traffic distribution problem in today's IP/

   MPLS network when multiple links are configured between two routers.

   The document presents a Composite Transport Group framework as the

   solution for the problems and specifies a set of requirements for

   Composite Transport Group(CTG).

We appreciate your input/comments and look forward to discussing in
Minneapolis.

Ning So

Lead Engineer

Data Traffic Engineering

972-729-7905

---

From: "Thomas D. Nadeau" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 16:47:14 -0400

Have you guys given any thought to the OAM ramifications of your
approach? I see no discussion of this in the draft.  I ask because
extensions were done to LSP ping which took  great pains to make work
correctly.  Have you thought about how to trouble-shoot this mechanism if
there are faults?

    --Tom

On 10/29/08 4:32 PM, "So, Ning" <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Dear all,
>  
> We have uploaded the draft of the framework and requirements for Composite
> Transport Group.
>  
> http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-so-yong-mpls-ctg-framework-requireme
> nt-00.txt
>  
> Abstract
>

---

From: "So, Ning" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 29 Oct 2008 21:51:22 +0000

Tom,

Most of the trouble-shooting mechanisms working today should be able to
work across CTG as well.  I am sure I have not thought of everything,
but I have not seen any problems.  Could you please be more specific on
the problem and the trouble-shooting method you are thinking here?    

Ning So

Lead Engineer

Data Traffic Engineering

972-729-7905

________________________________

From: Thomas D. Nadeau [mailto:[email-masked]] 
Sent: Wednesday, October 29, 2008 3:47 PM
To: So, Ning; [email-masked]; Andrew G. (Andy) Malis
Subject: Re: New draft of the framework and requirements for Composite
Transport Group

    Have you guys given any thought to the OAM ramifications of your
approach? I see no discussion of this in the draft.  I ask because
extensions were done to LSP ping which took  great pains to make work
correctly.  Have you thought about how to trouble-shoot this mechanism
if there are faults?

    --Tom

Dear all,

 
Abstract

 

 

Ning So
Lead Engineer
Data Traffic Engineering
972-729-7905