Subject: Liaison Statement Received - MPLS-TP Signalling Communication Channel

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 11:10:30 -0000

Hi,

We have been copied on a liaison to the MPLS working group from ITU-T Study 
Group 15 Question 14. CCAMP is copied for Information and is not required to 
do anything. The MPLS working group is required to respond by 18 May 2009.

You can find this liaison at www.olddog.co.uk/ccamp.htm

Adrian
===

Title: LS28 - Generic Associated Channel (G-ACH) Requirement to Provide a 
Signalling Communication Channel (SCC) and a Management Communication 
Channel (MCC) for MPLS-TP
Submission Date: 2008-12-25
URL of the IETF Web page: 
https://datatracker.ietf.org/public/liaison_detail.cgi?detail_id=491
Please reply by 2009-05-18

From: Greg Jones(ITU-T SG 15) <[email-masked]>
To: IETF MPLS WG Co Chairs (Info: CCAMP WG Co Chairs, MEAD 
team)[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], 
[email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Reponse Contact: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Technical Contact: [email-masked]
Purpose: For action
Body:

Q14/15 would like to inform the IETF MPLS WG that it has added the following 
new study point to the Living List for ITU-T Recommendation G.7712 
(Architecture and specification of data communication network):

Build upon the development of the new MPLS Generic Associated Channel 
(G-ACH) at the IETF and amend
G.7712 to align MCN and SCN aspects for MPLS-TP packet transport technology 
with the outcome of the IETF work on MPLS-TP.

In section 3.4.1 of the Internet Draft draft-ietf-mpls-tp-framework-00.txt 
it is already stated that the G-ACH will provide a signalling communication 
channel (SCC) and a management communication channel (MCC) for MPLS-TP.

The G-ACH as defined in draft-ietf-mpls-tp-gach-gal-00.txt is capable to 
distinguish OAM, APS, SCC, and MCC packets from each other. Moreover, it is 
also necessary for the SCC and MCC to distinguish between different layer 3 
PDUs such as IPv4, IPv6, and OSI CLNP PDUs as it is the case for other 
technologies supporting the data communication network. Examples can be 
found in ITU-T Recommendation G.7712.

Q14/15 is looking forward to the progression of MPLS-TP SCC and MCC work in 
the IETF, and is aware that contributions are being prepared in the form of 
an Internet-Draft. Q14/15 looks forward to being able to add to G.7712 
accordingly as soon as the MPLS-TP SCC and MCC definitions are stable.