Subject: RFC 5316 on ISIS Extensions in Support of Inter-Autonomous System (AS) MPLS and GMPLS Traffic Engineering

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2008 15:12:26 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5316

        Title:      ISIS Extensions in Support of 
                    Inter-Autonomous System (AS) MPLS and GMPLS 
                    Traffic Engineering 
        Author:     M. Chen, R. Zhang, X. Duan
        Status:     Standards Track
        Date:       December 2008
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      19
        Characters: 45408
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-isis-interas-te-extension-04.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5316.txt

This document describes extensions to the ISIS (ISIS) protocol to
support Multiprotocol Label Switching (MPLS) and Generalized MPLS
(GMPLS) Traffic Engineering (TE) for multiple Autonomous Systems
(ASes).  It defines ISIS-TE extensions for the flooding of TE
information about inter-AS links, which can be used to perform inter-
AS TE path computation.

No support for flooding information from within one AS to another AS
is proposed or defined in this document.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
USC/Information Sciences Institute