Subject: Draft response to OIF on MEF-Related Work

From: "Adrian Farrel" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 15 Dec 2008 13:32:04 -0000

Hi,

Please also comment on this draft response to the OIF.

Thanks,
Adrian

===

Dear Lyndon,

In your communication oif2008.063.02.pdf dated February 14,
2008 you noted:

> Finally, we noted the discussion on the CCAMP mailing list
> regarding the computation of the Length field for TLVs, 
> especially for the Ethernet Bandwidth Profile TLV used in
> the Ethernet Traffic Parameters draft. As this draft is 
> considered to be very important for support of MEF defined
> Ethernet services, we request that this issue be resolved
> as soon as possible within CCAMP. 
>
> Our preference would be to compute the Length field for all
> TLVs (except those in RFC 4420) based on the full TLV rather
> than the Value alone, as this is the method commonly used in
> the past for length computation in RSVP.

Please note that RFC 4420 has been revised as
draft-ietf-ccamp-rfc4420-bis-03.txt. This draft is in the RFC 
Editor's queue, and will shortly be published as an RFC that
obsoletes RFC 4420. The change is to make the processing of
all RSVP-TE TLVs consistent so that the Length field accounts
for the full length of the TLV.

This change has also been incorporated into the work on traffic
parameters for Ethernet as described in 
draft-ietf-ccamp-ethernet-traffic-parameters-06.txt.

You will be pleased to hear that we consider our work on MEF-
related protocol extensions to be stable, and we will shortly
issue working group last calls on the following drafts:

draft-ietf-ccamp-ethernet-traffic-parameters-06.txt
draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ether-svcs-02.txt
draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-mef-uni-01.txt
draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-dcsc-channel-ext-00.txt

In view of the imminent last call on this work, we would 
welcome any input from OIF members. Input should be made either
by official communication from the OIF, or by email from any
individual to the CCAMP mailing list (subscription details are
found at http://www.ietf.org/html.charters/ccamp-charter.html).

Best regards,
Adrian Farrel and Deborah Brungard
IETF CCAMP Working Group Co-Chairs