Subject: [CCAMP] Protocol Action: 'Label Switched Path (LSP) Dynamic Provisioning Performance Metrics in Generalized MPLS Networks' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 15:17:35 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Label Switched Path (LSP) Dynamic Provisioning Performance Metrics in 
   Generalized MPLS Networks '
   <draft-ietf-ccamp-lsp-dppm-11.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Ross Callon.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-lsp-dppm-11.txt

Technical Summary

   This document provides a series of performance metrics to evaluate
   the dynamic LSP provisioning performance in GMPLS networks,
   specifically the dynamic LSP setup/release performance. These
   metrics can be used to characterize the LSP dynamic provisioning
   features of GMPLS networks.

Working Group Summary

   This document received adequate attention and discussion. The
   discussions related to this document have also resulted in the
   companion draft for characterization of data plane setup metrics
   "Label Switched Path (LSP) Data Path Delay Metric in Generalized
   MPLS / MPLS-TE Networks".

Document Quality

   There have been no public statements related to intent to implement,
   but it is expected that some/all of the primary Authors plan to 
   implement.

   This document received thorough review in the IPPM and BM working
   groups.

Personnel

   Lou Berger ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.
   Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the Responsible AD