Subject: [CCAMP] CORRECTED Document Action: 'Graceful Shutdown in MPLS and Generalized MPLS Traffic Engineering Networks' to Informational RFC

From: IESG Secretary <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 09:06:21 -0800 (PST)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Graceful Shutdown in MPLS and Generalized MPLS Traffic Engineering 
   Networks '
   <draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-graceful-shutdown-13.txt> as an Informational
RFC

This document is the product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Adrian Farrel and Ross Callon.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-graceful-shutdown-13.txt
Technical Summary

   MPLS-TE Graceful Shutdown is a method for explicitly notifying
   the nodes in a Traffic Engineering (TE) enabled network that the
   TE capability on a link or on an entire Label Switching Router
   (LSR) is going to be disabled. MPLS-TE graceful shutdown
   mechanisms are tailored toward addressing planned outage in the
   network.

   This document provides requirements and protocol mechanisms to
   reduce/eliminate traffic disruption in the event of a planned
   shutdown of a network resource. These operations are equally
   applicable to both MPLS and its Generalized MPLS (GMPLS)
   extensions.

   This document explains usage of existing protocol mechanisms to
   support a "Graceful Shutdown" operation. No new protocol mechanisms 
   are defined

Working Group Summary

   The document was significantly revised to be in line with
   draft-ietf-mpls-gmpls-lsp-reroute.  Much of the WG discussion focused
   on this.  Once alignment was agreed upon, there was no significant
   disagreement.

Document Quality

   There are no known implementations or planned implementations of this
   work.

Personnel

   Lou Berger ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.

   Adrian Farrel ([email-masked]) is the 
   Responsible Area Director.