Subject: [CCAMP] LMP Message ID

From: Vishwas Manral <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2010 10:25:46 -0800

Hi LMP-authors,

I noticed that the Message-ID usage in LMP is very confusing and
unclear, have a look at section 7.

   For TE link specific messages, the Message_Id field is within the
scope of the LMP adjacency.

However in the same section for LinkSummary message the message-id is

   "less than the largest Message_Id value previously received from the
   sender for the TE Link, then the message SHOULD be treated as being
   out-of-order."

Here it seems to say the LinkSummary message Message-id is on a TE link basis.

For Channel Status Message

   "the most recently received Message_Id value
   associated with at least one of the data channels included in the
   message, the message MUST NOT be treated as out of order"

This means the message_id is also on a Datalink basis.

In my view the best way forward would be to not have special cases for
different message types and instead allow retransmits to use new
message id's.

Do let me know your views?

Thanks,
Vishwas