Subject: [CCAMP] New Version Notification for draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-g-694-lambda-labels-06

From: Dan Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 01:38:00 +0800

Dear CCAMPers and co-chairs,

As we have discussed the issues raised on the CCAMP WG mailing list  
with respect to the tunable lasers case, we finally resolved this  
issue by updating the CWDM/DWDM label format.

The main changes have been made in this (06) version, a new  
"identifier" field has been added in the label format.

The label format of DWDM/CWDM is as following:

   0                   1                   2                   3
   0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
  |Grid | C.S   |    Identifier   |              n                |
  +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

  (3) Identifier: 9 bits

  The identifier field is a per-node assigned and scoped value. This
  field MAY change on a per-hop basis. In all cases but one, a node MAY
  select any value, including zero (0), for this field. Once selected,
  the value MUST NOT change until the LSP is torn down and the value
  MUST be used in all LSP related messages, e.g., in Resv messages and
  label RRO subobjects. The sole special case occurs when this label
  format is used in a label ERO subobject. In this case, the special
  value of zero (0) means that the referenced node MAY assign any
  Identifier field value, including zero (0), when establishing the
  corresponding LSP.

Please let us know if you have any comment.

-----------
A new version of I-D, draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-g-694-lambda- 
labels-06.txt has been successfully submitted by Dan Li and posted to  
the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-g-694-lambda-labels
Revision:	 06
Title:		 Generalized Labels for Lambda-Switching Capable Label  
Switching Routers
Creation_date:	 2010-03-19
WG ID:		 ccamp
Number_of_pages: 14

Abstract:
Technology in the optical domain is constantly evolving and as a
consequence new equipment providing lambda switching capability has
been developed and is currently being deployed. However, [RFC3471]
has defined that a wavelength label (section 3.2.1.1) "only has
significance between two neighbors" and global wavelength continuity
is not considered. In order to achieve interoperability in a network
composed of next generation lambda switch-capable equipment, this
document defines a standard lambda label format, being compliant
with either [G.694.1](DWDM-grid) or [G.694.2](CWDM-grid). Moreover
some consideration on how to ensure lambda continuity with RSVP-TE
is provided. This document is a companion to the Generalized Multi-
Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) signaling. It defines the label
format when Lambda Switching is requested in an all optical network.
-----------

Thanks,

Authors of label draft