Subject: [CCAMP] RFC 5828 on Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Ethernet Label Switching Architecture and Framework

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2010 19:55:24 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5828

        Title:      Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) 
                    Ethernet Label Switching Architecture and Framework 
        Author:     D. Fedyk, L. Berger,
                    L. Andersson
        Status:     Informational
        Date:       March 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      20
        Characters: 46396
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-ethernet-arch-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5828.txt

There has been significant recent work in increasing the
capabilities of Ethernet switches and Ethernet forwarding
models.  As a consequence, the role of Ethernet is rapidly expanding
into "transport networks" that previously were the domain of other
technologies such as Synchronous Optical Network (SONET) / Synchronous 
Digital Hierarchy (SDH), Time-Division Multiplexing (TDM), and 
Asynchronous Transfer Mode (ATM).  This document defines an architecture 
and framework for a Generalized-MPLS-based control plane for Ethernet in 
this "transport network" capacity.  GMPLS has already been specified for 
similar technologies.  Some additional extensions to the GMPLS control 
plane are needed, and this document provides a framework for these 
extensions.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC