Subject: [CCAMP] RFC 5852 on RSVP-TE Signaling Extension for LSP Handover from the Management Plane to the Control Plane in a GMPLS-Enabled Transport Network

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 16:50:47 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5852

        Title:      RSVP-TE Signaling Extension for LSP 
                    Handover from the Management Plane to 
                    the Control Plane in a GMPLS-Enabled 
                    Transport Network 
        Author:     D. Caviglia, D. Ceccarelli,
                    D. Bramanti, D. Li,
                    S. Bardalai
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      23
        Characters: 49293
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-pc-spc-rsvpte-ext-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5852.txt

In a transport network scenario, Data Plane connections controlled by
either a Generalized Multiprotocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Control
Plane (Soft Permanent Connections - SPC) or a Management System
(Permanent Connections - PC) may independently coexist.  The ability
of transforming an existing PC into an SPC and vice versa -- without
actually affecting Data Plane traffic being carried over it -- is a
requirement.  The requirements for the conversion between permanent
connections and switched connections in a GMPLS Network are defined
in RFC 5493.

This memo describes an extension to GMPLS Resource Reservation
Protocol - Traffic Engineering (RSVP-TE) signaling that enables the
transfer of connection ownership between the Management and the
Control Planes.  Such a transfer is referred to as a Handover.  This
document defines all Handover-related procedures.  This includes the
handling of failure conditions and subsequent reversion to original
state.  A basic premise of the extension is that the Handover
procedures must never impact an already established Data Plane
connection.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC