Subject: [CCAMP] adjacent lambda constraint

From: Young Lee <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2010 09:55:03 -0500

Hi CCAMPers,

During the last CCAMP meeting in Anaheim, the adjacent lambda constraint
issue (http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-schroetter-wson-ospf-link-info-00)
was raised if this should be included in the WSON Framework. 

An Adjacent Lambda constraint is a particular example of an impairment
associated constraint, e.g., when there are 40G and 10G channels coexist.
Hence this is a bit advanced topic to be included in the current WSON
framework. How best to model this needs a bit more thought, though this is
one reasonable approach. For some DWDM systems different polarization is
used on adjacent channels and hence can couple adjacent channel effects with
PMD as well as simple cross talk due to spectrum overlap. Hence we probably
would want to bring this issue up with ITU-T. As such we would want to
address this in the impairment framework document.

We believe that the WSON Framework (06 version) is ready for WG LC. The
following is the summary of changes in 06 version:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-ccamp-rwa-wson-framework-06 

-        We deleted research-oriented/background material:

o     Section 4.3 "Lightpath Temporal Characteristic" has been taken out

o     Section 6.1.4 RWA algorithm related information has been taken out.

o     Section 6.3.1 Lightpath duration/timeliness discussion has been taken
out.

-        Editorial:

o     Deleted section 6.4 summary (redundant info) 

o     Defined translucent/transparent network in the terminology section

Please let us know if there is any question on the updated version. Thanks. 

Greg and Young

---

From: Giovanni Martinelli <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 09 Apr 2010 14:36:52 +0200

Hi,

On 04/08/2010 04:55 PM, Young Lee wrote:
>
> Hi CCAMPers,
>
> During the last CCAMP meeting in Anaheim, the adjacent lambda 
> constraint issue 
> (http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-schroetter-wson-ospf-link-info-00) 
> associated constraint, e.g., when there are 40G and 10G channels 
> coexist. Hence this is a bit advanced topic to be included in the 
> current WSON framework. How best to model this needs a bit more 
> thought, though this is one reasonable approach. For some DWDM systems 
> different polarization is used on adjacent channels and hence can 
> couple adjacent channel effects with PMD as well as simple cross talk 
> due to spectrum overlap. Hence we probably would want to bring this 
> issue up with ITU-T. As such we would want to address this in the 
> impairment framework document.
>
The impairment issue is one of three use case provided, other use cases 
are simply related to the RWA.

My comment above is however independent from the fact that the wson-rwa 
framework have or have-not to include such considerations about link 
details. I mean, if not I have no issue about that.

> We believe that the WSON Framework (06 version) is ready for WG LC. 
> The following is the summary of changes in 06 version: 
>  We deleted research-oriented/background material:
>
> o     Section 6.3.1 Lightpath duration/timeliness discussion has been 
> taken out.
>
>  Editorial:
>

thx for incorporating my comments!

Cheers
G

> Greg and Young
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> CCAMP mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ccamp
>