Subject: [CCAMP] RFC 5818 on Data Channel Status Confirmation Extensions for the Link Management Protocol

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 16:50:02 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5818

        Title:      Data Channel Status Confirmation Extensions 
                    for the Link Management Protocol 
        Author:     D. Li, H. Xu,
                    S. Bardalai, J. Meuric,
                    D. Caviglia
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      15
        Characters: 34092
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-confirm-data-channel-status-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5818.txt

This document defines simple additions to the Link Management
Protocol (LMP) to provide a control plane tool that can assist in
the location of stranded resources by allowing adjacent Label-Switching
Routers (LSRs) to confirm data channel statuses and provide triggers for
notifying the management plane if any discrepancies are found.  As LMP is
already used to verify data plane connectivity, it is considered to be an
appropriate candidate to support this feature.  [STANDARDS TRACK]

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC