Subject: Re: [CCAMP] VC4-4c and VC4-4v

From: Dieter Beller <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2010 13:48:19 +0200

Hi Gladwin,

ITU-T Recommendation G.707 defines two mechanisms of concatenating VC-4

signals: contiguous and virtual concatenation.

Please check G.707 (chapter 11) which can be found under the following
URL:

http://www.itu.int/itu-t/recommendations/index.aspx?ser=G

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Dieter

On 30.04.2010 13:27, Gladwin Ramoshaba wrote:

Hi Guys,

My name is Gladwin from South Africa I actually
work on one of the Telco companies here at home.

I was browsing on the net and I came across this
topic, of which I’m sitting in a situation as  I write this mail to you
.

Firstly I would like you to explain the
difference between VC4-4c and VC4-4v

I do understand the 4c because it’s 4x VC4
concatenated on one VCG to make 622Mb/s and the VC4’s are in sequence
eg 1,2,3,4 or 13,14,15,16 etc

The way I understand the 4v is that the VC4’s
can be out of sequence when creating a trail you can choose randomly eg
VC4 #1,7,10,16 etc

Is this how it should be ?

Regards

Gladwin Ramoshaba

Transmission Tac2

Office:+27 11 585 0486

Mobile:+27 82 061 1111

Fax:+27 86 521 7072

email:[email-masked]

Neotel is a level 3
B-BBEE
contributor. EmpowerLogic Rating: EE

Note

Information about Neotel directors and registration number is available
at http://www.neotel.co.za/about/Pages/OurBoardofDirectors.aspx

A disclaimer relating to the above email is available at
http://www.neotel.co.za/Pages/Disclaimer.aspx

--