Subject: [CCAMP] RFC 5817 on Graceful Shutdown in MPLS and Generalized MPLS Traffic Engineering Networks

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 16:49:48 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 5817

        Title:      Graceful Shutdown in MPLS and 
                    Generalized MPLS Traffic Engineering Networks 
        Author:     Z. Ali, JP. Vasseur,
                    A. Zamfir, J. Newton
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      11
        Characters: 24219
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-ccamp-mpls-graceful-shutdown-13.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc5817.txt

MPLS-TE Graceful Shutdown is a method for explicitly notifying
the nodes in a Traffic Engineering (TE) enabled network that the
TE capability on a link or on an entire Label Switching Router
(LSR) is going to be disabled.  MPLS-TE graceful shutdown
mechanisms are tailored toward addressing planned outage in the
network.

This document provides requirements and protocol mechanisms to
reduce or eliminate traffic disruption in the event of a planned
shutdown of a network resource.  These operations are equally
applicable to both MPLS-TE and its Generalized MPLS (GMPLS)
extensions.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the Common Control and Measurement Plane Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC