Subject: [CCAMP] LMP behavior negotiation draft -- continue work of RFC 5818

From: Dan Li <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 15:28:24 +0800

Hi all,

In RFC 5818, which was published recently, section 5.4 "Backward  
Compatibility", there is a statement:
"In the future, it may be the case that LMP will be extended to allow  
function support to be detected.  In that case, it may become possible  
to deploy this function in a mixed environment."

Draft "LMP Behavior Negotiation" (http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-li-ccamp-lmp-behavior-negotiation-01.txt 
) is the continue work of RFC 5818 on this issue.

This draft is quiet simple, a new type (c-type = 3) of CONFIG class is  
defined to do the LMP behavior negotiation work:
   The format of the new type of CONFIG Class is defined as follows:

     0                   1                   2                   3
     0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 0 1
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    |       Reserved        |M|O|W|S|        Reserved       |D|T|F|V|
    +-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
    |<----- Architecture Flags ---->|<-----  Capability Flags ----->|
Please read this draft and send comments to the list.

Thanks,

Authors