Subject: [CCAMP] Response to OIF Communication on OIF Requirements

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 04 May 2010 13:57:58 -0400

Dear Mr. Ong,

Thank you for your communication related to OIF Requirements dated March
4, 2010.  The communication referenced an anticipated Internet Draft on
the topic of requirements for automatic link configuration.  We
understand that this draft was submitted as
draft-roch-ccamp-reqts-auto-adj-00.txt.  This draft was presented and
discussed in the IETF-77 CCAMP meeting.  (See
http://tools.ietf.org/wg/ccamp/minutes?item=minutes77.html)  At the
meeting, some expressed interest in the requirements as well as the
possibility that some of the requirements can be fulfilled using
existing mechanisms.  There was agreement that some individuals would
work with the co-authors on a revised version of the document.  We
expect this document to now progress through normal working group
process.  We don't anticipate further formal communication on this matter.

The second topic covered in communication related to
draft-sadler-ccamp-rsvp-mt-bundled-links.  No agenda slot on this draft
was requested for IETF-77.  A search of the CCAMP mail archive also
fails to find any discussion on this topic.  From a process perspective,
the proper venue for a discussion of an Internet Draft is either in a
working session or (preferably) on the working group mail list.  We
recommend that  questions related to
draft-sadler-ccamp-rsvp-mt-bundled-links be raised on the CCAMP mail
list, [email-masked], or in a future IETF session.  It is also worth
noting that the requirements identified in this draft seem to have
commonality with the requirements listed in
draft-ietf-rtgwg-cl-requirement.

Regards,
Deborah Brungard and Lou Berger
IETF CCAMP Working Group Co-Chairs