Subject: [CCAMP] [Editorial Errata Reported] RFC3945 (2252)

From: RFC Errata System <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 08:20:23 -0700 (PDT)

The following errata report has been submitted for RFC3945,
"Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Architecture".

--------------------------------------
You may review the report below and at:
http://www.rfc-editor.org/errata_search.php?rfc=3945&eid=2252

--------------------------------------
Type: Editorial
Reported by: Nikolai Malykh <[email-masked]>

Section: 11.2

Original Text
-------------
   One can classify LSPs into one of a small set of service levels.
   Among other things, these service levels define the reliability
   characteristics of the LSP.  The service level associated with a
   given LSP is mapped to one or more P&R schemes during LSP
   establishment.  An advantage that mapping is that an LSP may use
   different P&E schemes in different segments of a network (e.g., some
   links may be span protected, whilst other segments of the LSP may
   utilize ring protection).  These details are likely to be service
   provider specific.

Corrected Text
--------------
   One can classify LSPs into one of a small set of service levels.
   Among other things, these service levels define the reliability
   characteristics of the LSP.  The service level associated with a
   given LSP is mapped to one or more P&R schemes during LSP
   establishment.  An advantage that mapping is that an LSP may use
   different P&R schemes in different segments of a network (e.g., some
   links may be span protected, whilst other segments of the LSP may
   utilize ring protection).  These details are likely to be service
   provider specific.

Notes
-----
Mistype error

Instructions:
-------------
This errata is currently posted as "Reported". If necessary, please
use "Reply All" to discuss whether it should be verified or
rejected. When a decision is reached, the verifying party (IESG)
can log in to change the status and edit the report, if necessary. 

--------------------------------------
RFC3945 (draft-ietf-ccamp-gmpls-architecture-07)
--------------------------------------
Title               : Generalized Multi-Protocol Label Switching (GMPLS) Architecture
Publication Date    : October 2004
Author(s)           : E. Mannie, Ed.
Category            : PROPOSED STANDARD
Source              : Common Control and Measurement Plane
Area                : Routing
Stream              : IETF
Verifying Party     : IESG

---

From: Lou Berger <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 May 2010 13:35:45 -0400

I think it is fine to accept this typo correction.  The errata should be 
included to state:
OLD TEXT:
   different P&E schemes
NEW TEXT:
   different P&R schemes

Lou

On 5/12/2010 11:20 AM, RFC Errata System wrote:
> Reported by: Nikolai Malykh<[email-masked]>
>
> Section: 11.2
>
> Original Text
> -------------